• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling out to all the Submariner Experts, especially the Two Tone 116613LB Bluesy!

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
I hear ya brother, been here since 2009 and still waiting for the goat of this model.

Woah! That's a long time brother.
It's kinda sad how they only concentrate on the boring old black sub all the time. I mean even the Hulk is kind of a Tell on a side by side due to colour. It's sad for the Rep Community.

But that also kinda shows why companies like Rolex are still sought after and desired Caz a 15+ year Repping community hasn't been able to achieve what Rolex does with everyone of their watches.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Was just at an AD looking at a gen bluesy for the first time and lemme tell you these reps, especially the JF that I have , which I thought was a good rep, are not even close. For the record, no I didn’t have the rep with me.

Anywho, the poster above who said the LB is perfection is absolutely right. The rep gold plating is way too orange-yellow and the dial color doesn’t pop the way the gen does. The bracelet action was smooth and quiet without the edges of the reps. Hands were amazing and crystal even better. Noticeable weight difference but that’s expected due to the gold content.

Obviously we’re talking an additional $13000 on top of the cost of the rep, so idk. But man, that was a helluva watch.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
Was just at an AD looking at a gen bluesy for the first time and lemme tell you these reps, especially the JF that I have , which I thought was a good rep, are not even close. For the record, no I didn’t have the rep with me.

Anywho, the poster above who said the LB is perfection is absolutely right. The rep gold plating is way too orange-yellow and the dial color doesn’t pop the way the gen does. The bracelet action was smooth and quiet without the edges of the reps. Hands were amazing and crystal even better. Noticeable weight difference but that’s expected due to the gold content.

Obviously we’re talking an additional $13000 on top of the cost of the rep, so idk. But man, that was a helluva watch.

Well what can I say bud, it's my Dream watch for a reason my man! Hope to get the Gen someday.

But for now, I was thinking of gifting myself the TW Rep of the Bluesy? But I'm kinda unsure.
Well till now JF has been the more popular and most close to Gen Bluesy which like you've said is no where close to Gen. I kinda realised that by just the pictures.

But I felt like the TW was a significant improvement over all the other options, but sadly nobody seems to have it!
Do you think I should pull the trigger and take a chance?

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
Well what can I say bud, it's my Dream watch for a reason my man! Hope to get the Gen someday.

But for now, I was thinking of gifting myself the TW Rep of the Bluesy? But I'm kinda unsure.
Well till now JF has been the more popular and most close to Gen Bluesy which like you've said is no where close to Gen. I kinda realised that by just the pictures.

But I felt like the TW was a significant improvement over all the other options, but sadly nobody seems to have it!
Do you think I should pull the trigger and take a chance?

Like I said I have the JF and it’s a very nice watch. People stress about the bare SELs but you have to go out of your way to look at it while you’re wearing it, let alone at a distance on the wrist. The dial is a much more gen-like blue than others I’ve seen, and again, the rep gold is yellower than gen but with changing light conditions I’m sure few can tell. This is a popular model, so worst case scenario if it’s not your cup of tea, you can unload it in the FS section here as a “catch and release” sale.

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
Although not perfect, JF is a good choice. Here's mine.
4ea54d05bd5c99fc631bd380a84e0e5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
Like I said I have the JF and it’s a very nice watch. People stress about the bare SELs but you have to go out of your way to look at it while you’re wearing it, let alone at a distance on the wrist. The dial is a much more gen-like blue than others I’ve seen, and again, the rep gold is yellower than gen but with changing light conditions I’m sure few can tell. This is a popular model, so worst case scenario if it’s not your cup of tea, you can unload it in the FS section here as a “catch and release” sale.

Yeah that's a good option as well. Thank you RepFam I think I've made my decision. Onto the semi time consuming order process!
Will keep you guys posted once I get the watch.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
All Bluesy reps are nothing compared to the gen. If you really love this watch better to save for the gen no reps can compare and they wont make you happy. Pretty much had every iteration of this rep and in the end sold them all and just bought a gen.

Here is my gen. Its one of the nicest rollies every produced and looks a million bucks in real life

555.jpg

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
All Bluesy reps are nothing compared to the gen. If you really love this watch better to save for the gen no reps can compare and they wont make you happy. Pretty much had every iteration of this rep and in the end sold them all and just bought a gen.

Here is my gen. Its one of the nicest rollies every produced and looks a million bucks in real life

555.jpg
The Gen is definitely AMAZING!
But I’m just a teenager so I don’t have that kind of money yet :(
Have you tried the TW factory rep bud?

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
The only really good one of this was the Loco Louie version, and what a mess that turned out to be! If I had to choose one of these I would go VR or JF. But neither has a great dial, that being said they’re a decent copy of $13k watch for a few hundred bucks.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
The only really good one of this was the Loco Louie version, and what a mess that turned out to be! If I had to choose one of these I would go VR or JF. But neither has a great dial, that being said they’re a decent copy of $13k watch for a few hundred bucks.

Well I don’t quite agree bud, there are good reps of watches worth tens of thousands of dollars! I don’t think it has anything to do with the price of the actual watch but has everything to do with the mass interest of the community and the factories in making the same old Black Sub every year!

im waiting on a friend of mine on Reddit who is getting the TW, I’ll decide based on his experience.
Also, I personally feel that the VRF is way too OFF, JF has a decent job.
But going by the pictures, I Feel TW looks the best and is quite close to Loco Louie

canariasproducts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/18
efthimis What do you guys think about the Noob v5 ? Didn't heard anyone about it yet, it's also not on your post.. did you already bought a rep ? Really nice model from rolex this Blue Dial sub. Gen is amazing!

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
I don't know if this is luck of the draw , or old stock or what, but I bought a VRF a couple months ago and it looks nothing like that dial. The text is not dark mustard like that, and it's not purple in any light. That looks like the awful old BP dial one I had to be honest.

It's definitely not perfect, but it's not that dial.

Have we not learned anything that pics are a terrible way to actually assess colors!! I understand that it's what you gave but different lighting and conditions and even different phones and different settings. It's a terrible way to decide , but I understand it. The vrf max is really good in person. That's all I have.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: canariasproducts

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
efthimis What do you guys think about the Noob v5 ? Didn't heard anyone about it yet, it's also not on your post.. did you already bought a rep ? Really nice model from rolex this Blue Dial sub. Gen is amazing!

No I cannot get any rep after that genuine, I will get the genuine after some years I suppose and hope of course.. I don't know about the "V5", to be honest didn't look into this rep too much...

Reactions: canariasproducts

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
For this watch honestly your not going to be happy with any rep. Just save for the gen if you love this watch. The gen looks and feels like a million bucks. I probably tried every single rep of this before I just bought my gen. No point spending $500+ USD over and over again to try to achieve something that wont be possible.

You wont be able to franken this watch as well - well not easily and it will be very very expensive to try.

20161019_154340.jpg

Reactions: MrBeasy

myrontates

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/15
For this watch honestly your not going to be happy with any rep. Just save for the gen if you love this watch. The gen looks and feels like a million bucks. I probably tried every single rep of this before I just bought my gen. No point spending $500+ USD over and over again to try to achieve something that wont be possible.

You wont be able to franken this watch as well - well not easily and it will be very very expensive to try.

20161019_154340.jpg

looks sooooo nice, but for now not the funds.......

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
I had the gen and my friend had a nice JF that he has added gen crystal, I am telling you the reflection outside or even indoors will not let anyone see that the sides of the end links are steel and not gold... trust me there is no way someone to spot this while on wrist, only if someone "like us" takes the watch to examine it and knows what to look for... genuine by the way is just perfect, it looks like a million dollar on the wrist, that what I would be calling off but yet again will be coming from my personal experience

100% agree. Here’s the JF SH3135.
4be108b9d1a00775ed8d8b8bb8805828.jpg

Gen crystal and DW and you’re gtg.

Reactions: Nivka