• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling out to all the Submariner Experts, especially the Two Tone 116613LB Bluesy!

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Wow the crisp gold dial print of the gen really pops as compared to the rep.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
You are welcome! Well like I said it was a nice watch but trust me when the gen is next to any of the reps you will see a lot and flaws BUT people who don’t know or care will only judge by the person who wears the expensive watch.. This TW looks good indeed, photos are over exposures for some reason though.. anyhow I would for for the JF since I had the experience to see it live, just go for what you like, have a careful QC procedure and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you my man!

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
OP, I agree with efthimis. Just change the date wheel, and you’re good. Best if someone with Loco Louie Noob 14k mod will sell you one, though. That would be your inexpensive grail that ticks all the right boxes: 3D hands, decent inserts, SEL centerlink sides in gold, decent dial (sunburst & not blurple), very good SEL recession and fit, etc. The VRF version is a close contender. You just need to change the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I would love to get my Hands on a Loco Louie but considering that only a handful received it, I don't think anyone would let it go unless if it were for a high price. :(

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
Also about the VRF, I'd like to share this as well.

In the VRF,
- The Dial is very off wrt colour.
- The Insert colour is off.
- The Gold colour is more Yellowish and hence is Off as compared to Gen.

So I don't really feel like it's worth the price tag.
Although Kudos to VRF for its detailing on the Centre Links!

Reactions: Rush

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11

I don't know if this is luck of the draw , or old stock or what, but I bought a VRF a couple months ago and it looks nothing like that dial. The text is not dark mustard like that, and it's not purple in any light. That looks like the awful old BP dial one I had to be honest.

It's definitely not perfect, but it's not that dial.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Thanks mate, yup it does look very off. I'd be unhappy spending $600+ on that.

Do you have any idea about the TW 116613LB? Any picture? Caz I can't seem to find pictures they way you do :)

The TW version sides are not wrapped. Steel.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
I don't know if this is luck of the draw , or old stock or what, but I bought a VRF a couple months ago and it looks nothing like that dial. The text is not dark mustard like that, and it's not purple in any light. That looks like the awful old BP dial one I had to be honest.

It's definitely not perfect, but it's not that dial.

Maybe you were just lucky bud. All the VRFs I've seen have terrible dials :)

Last edited:

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17

Hakai

11/6/18
True, have to give in after reading the thread again. Dial colour is shit in this case.
But always keeping in mind that the watch is still a rep and the counterpart probably.one of the hardest to copy.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
True, have to give in after reading the thread again. Dial colour is shit in this case.
But always keeping in mind that the watch is still a rep and the counterpart probably.one of the hardest to copy.

Yes my friend! Truely very difficult to rep this model or anyone with colour pretty much. That's the sad truth about reps :(
​​​​​

Last edited:

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
Yes my friend! Truly very difficult to rep this model or anyone with colour pretty much. That's the sad truth about :(
​​​​​

I hear ya brother, been here since 2009 and still waiting for the goat of this model.