• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I pulled the trigger GMT BLRO

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
Looks more like a Steinhart than a GMT Master rep...the sheen of the bezel insert, the color...even the lug shape is wrong.

If there's one thing I like with the gen 2018 Pepsi release it's that the lug shape is slightly slimmer than the BLNR and the broad "shoulders" are less pronounced, which is the one reason I passed on a gen BLNR. Looks like these reps are using BLNR cases and they never bothered to reshape it.

a2ee940040db4dacbbd0bd6e8d5345a1.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Looks more like a Steinhart than a GMT Master rep...the sheen of the bezel insert, the color...even the lug shape is wrong.

If there's one thing I like with the gen 2018 Pepsi release it's that the lug shape is slightly slimmer than the BLNR and the broad "shoulders" are less pronounced, which is the one reason I passed on a gen BLNR. Looks like these reps are using BLNR cases and they never bothered to reshape it.

a2ee940040db4dacbbd0bd6e8d5345a1.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

The terrible insert kills it! Looks like a rep all the way.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
How is the insert that bad? Everything looks great. The 904l steel has a bright sheen to it and the rest is amazing.

The metallic insert can’t compare to gen ceramic! As a non branded watch I.e without Rolex logo it would look great.

GTgamo

12/2/18
Every Where, Earth

Sorry it took so long for my response - It seems the site has been taken down - So i waited for a week or so to see if the site would come back up.. It didn't - Maybe it was seized, idk, but even in a seizure there is a notice on the front page of the web site - very odd, anyways - i did pull the web registration from the Latvian whois server. It appears that this Linn fellow is somehow tied to puretime.. Does anyone know who this fellow is, or is he related to the Puretime family? The web site was www.mrlin.lv

[Domain] Domain: mrlin.lv Status: active [Holder] Type: Legal person Name: Yingzheng Email: [email protected] Phone: +86.1300000000 Address: No other., Guangzhou, Guangdong, 0200000, China RegNr: None [Tech] Type: Natural person [Registrar] Type: Legal person Name: 1API, GmbH Email: [email protected] Phone: +4968416984200 Address: Talstrasse 27, Homburg, 66424, Germany RegNr: HBR15683 [Nservers] Nserver: f1g1ns1.dnspod.net Nserver: f1g1ns2.dnspod.net [Whois] Updated: 2018-10-05T05:12:21.871641+00:00 (https://web-solutions.eu/whois-domain-lv.htm)

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
On the arm this GMT-MASTER II 126710 BLRO 904L GMF looks great. Im a huge fan of the vintage GMT, some of the stuff build by our members here truly rock. The GMF not so much. At closer inspection the bezel assembly is not as good as NOOB GMTs and its obvious that GMF went for the cheaper option here. Same with the bracelet much lower quality than the ARF. This is the first watch I have serious doubts is "real" 904L.

The insert colors are great but the metallic shine makes it look reppy compared to the matte ceramic I have seen in pictures.

The ARF DD look upscale and innovative whereas the GMF gives their GMT a more budget look and feel. This is a watch that is not fooling anyone that comes in contact with it.

In conclusion for guys wanting to buy. Omit GMF and wait for ARF -or VRF to release theirs. GMF is a midlevel contender that failed to achieve what ARF or VRF has done with their latest releases.
@ $430 this is highway robbery.

I really appreciate this review!! Like a LOT of newbies on here we want as close as possible to Gen but, honestly,
I (we) have A LOT of trouble working out the differences from the Gen. Someone like you can tell almost instantly so we appreciate your opinions on the differences
A LOT. I'm eager to learn but the "learning curve" is very steep.

Us newbies want to get a Rep as quickly as possible (to scratch the itch!) and you guys save us newbies from making "rookie errors"...….. On behalf of all newbies (I hope!), please keep pointing out the "obvious flaws" (that are not obvious to us!) so we can make better purchaseing decisions while we climb "the curve".

AND I know it's "cheating" and most times the answer is not clear - BUT it would really help us newbies if when you experts do a review on a particular model you could tell us IN YOUR OPINION ONLY which Rep and TD you would buy as being as close as possible IN LOOKS "out of the box" - you experts have gotta understand that us newbies can't tell this - even though you guys think everyone on here can tell.

And finally, thanks for the whole forum - I've been scammed a few times before finding this forum - you guys have saved me heaps already and I'm very grateful.

Last edited:

Firecat

Looking Around
1/12/18
Hi to everybody , i am new here did anybody pulled the trigger on a good replica of the Pepsi. I am trying to find one on DHgate . Thanks

Firecat

Looking Around
1/12/18
Hi guys, I think I am going to wait a little to see untill there is a good replica of this watch, I have seen that they already made the ceramic bezel for the version of oyster bracelet, so I think it would not take too much time to go out the 12671o Pepsi . I leave the link , maybe the ones that bought the watch here can order the bezel to change it.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5628...est-edition-black-dial-on-bracelet-a2836.html

Reactions: stolt

polycom430

Horology Curious
19/11/18
Hi guys, I think I am going to wait a little to see untill there is a good replica of this watch, I have seen that they already made the ceramic bezel for the version of oyster bracelet, so I think it would not take too much time to go out the 12671o Pepsi . I leave the link , maybe the ones that bought the watch here can order the bezel to change it.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/5628...est-edition-black-dial-on-bracelet-a2836.html

Same, once they have perfected the colour with the ceramic bezel I will be good to purchase!

Reactions: stolt and Firecat

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
They need to make it a little darker. DJF color hue is pretty close but it needs to be slightly darker and it will be very close.

Less

30/9/18
DE
The terrible insert kills it! Looks like a rep all the way.

Thanks for reviewing all this! I have been very sceptical wit GM anyway after buying the root beer. And I'm not talking about any flaws but general low quality for a >400 price tag. I'm still hooked on a Pepsi... So just get the BP one? What's acutaly DJF offering with a oyster strap?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Thanks for reviewing all this! I have been very sceptical wit GM anyway after buying the root beer. And I'm not talking about any flaws but general low quality for a >400 price tag. I'm still hooked on a Pepsi... So just get the BP one? What's acutaly DJF offering with a oyster strap?

Indeed, at $458 this is highway robbery. It’s a fun watch but no way near GEN. I’m sure GM is lying about this being 904 too.

Less

30/9/18
DE
Indeed, at $458 this is highway robbery. It’s a fun watch but no way near GEN. I’m sure GM is lying about this being 904 too.

Someone offered me the watch for less so I'm thinking of getting it. What do you thing about overall quality? Is it still well made (e. g. bracelet)?