• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all Yachtmasters!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey guys,

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on 2 Yachties, a Blue for me and a Rolesium (silver) for the wife. I've been looking at the 3 main factory choices for 40mm SS eta clone models (JF/Noob/BP), and have read a number of reviews here. I'm leaning heavily toward the JF, but my biggest concern is how the silver bezel insert looks. I'm not planning on any mods, and want to stay OOTB. From the pics, the Noob bezel looks smoother and cleaner, and the JF bezel not so much. Looking for some opinions from Yachtmaster owners out there!

Thanks a lot, KJ

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
As for the blue, Noob with JF dial and movement (yuki) is the best. You going 37mm for the wifey?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
As for the blue, Noob with JF dial and movement (yuki) is the best. You going 37mm for the wifey?

I'm planning to keep both OOTB, as least for the foreseeable future. It makes the choice a little harder, but I don't really want to get into modding too much yet. It'll probably come to that, we'll see. So if you had to pick one, which would it be? I'm sticking with 2824/36 or Miyotas for now.

I was going to get her a 37mm, but surprisingly she said she wants a 40mm after trying on my Hulk. Works for me.

auskip07

18/9/14
Nice i just got my Noob Grey dial today. (same as the one on the right)

Patrick_Rolex

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/5/17
Nice i just got my Noob Grey dial today. (same as the one on the right)

I have the JF dark rhodium, its a great watch. But i going to buy the Noob, that is a better choice.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: Stefanooli88

auskip07

18/9/14
I have the JF dark rhodium, its a great watch. But i going to buy the Noob, that is a better choice.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

If your inclined. you can switch out the hands from the JF. and have a very nice rep

auskip07

18/9/14
I need to shift the movement slightly clockwise to get the rehaut to be perfectly aligned. but thats a minor issue.

7sOAKSE.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I need to shift the movement slightly clockwise to get the rehaut to be perfectly aligned. but thats a minor issue.]

I didn't know you can do that. My dark grey rehaut is fine, the rolesium could use a tweak. How exactly is that adjustment made, and doesn't it affect the Cyclops/date window alignment?

15276782082230.jpg

Reactions: thecoolguy

auskip07

18/9/14
I didn't know you can do that. My dark grey rehaut is fine, the rolesium could use a tweak. How exactly is that adjustment made, and doesn't it affect the Cyclops/date window alignment?

you can move it ever so slightly to either end to get it to line up with the crown and corresponding rehaut markers but they arnt 100% on the gens either

Remove the caseback. loosen the screws holding the movement tabs and then move it a fraction either way you need to

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
you can move it ever so slightly to either end to get it to line up with the crown and corresponding rehaut markers but they arnt 100% on the gens either

Remove the caseback. loosen the screws holding the movement tabs and then move it a fraction either way you need to

Cool thanks bro! I really like the Yachti's, happy with my choices. Love the Rhodium dial.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Your Rolesium dial is a newer batch. you can see it on the dial. the newer dial have less platinum sparkle. the older batch from noob, from 2016, had awesome sparkle

Nice of you to point out that mine is not as good as they used to be. I already knew that, but IMO it's not a cool thing to do to someone. It can only make them less happy with their watch.