• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sea-Dweller 16600 - franken project | case work

eva_c

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
12/2/17
Great work and I'm sure the final result makes all the difficulty worthwhile.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
reviving this thread! Great work, its a real beauty. I decided to go for this spec build myself, unfortunately I'm not skilled in this sort of work, id love to learn and do it myself but at the mo i can't

some brilliant work on the case lugs, this is the first time i'd seen the stock crown guards from that angle, awful! i won't be able to unsee those. how did you add the metal?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
reviving this thread! Great work, its a real beauty. I decided to go for this spec build myself, unfortunately I'm not skilled in this sort of work, id love to learn and do it myself but at the mo i can't

some brilliant work on the case lugs, this is the first time i'd seen the stock crown guards from that angle, awful! i won't be able to unsee those. how did you add the metal?

Thank you. The cgs were welded with a TIG welder. A laser welder is not suited for this type of job. Laser welders are often use to weld small things and often without adding material.

A skilled tig welder can add/weld 316 steel on the parts that need more material.

Some guys mentioned that the weld might not have the same color as the case but if you use a welding rod that has the same chemical composition as the case (316 in bp's 3135 case) then there is no way the welding will be different.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: stufuse and KJ2020