• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Picked up a gen Hulk from my AD today!

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Very interesting comparing it to all my reps. I have to say, with the hulk model in particular, the insert really is different on gen. I’ve owned a v6 dark insert and a v7 bright insert.

The gen insert is a more saturated green in all lighting conditions - but in shadows, looks closer to the dark v6 except more color saturation. In sun, it morphs into the bright v7... except also more green color saturation. That’s how I’d put it into words for those who have invested in various hulk reps over the years.

as for the insert platinum markers... it actually looks almost white color in most lighting. But when strong lighting hits it and certain areas are shadowed or you view it from a side angle, you see it morph into a more dark silver platinum color that sparkles.

Been comparing it to my v7 two tone bluesey ftom loco louie... having the gen, as exciting as it is, makes me respect some of these replicas even more.

Anywho, here’s some photos.

https://image.ibb.co/jHEK4S/6330_C07...933_DE6_E3.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bVQ3W7/E8844_D7...F045_AD4_C.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/jsmXPS/604_B5_C...4910_DA496.jpg

My hulk rep v7 is getting spongebob platinum mod at the moment with loco louie insert so I don’t have it on me for direct comparison. When I do get it back I’ll do some side by sides. The gen is stunning.

Last edited:

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
Amazing dial, amazing insert. Well an amazing watch!! haha Congrats with this beautiful Gen. Wear it in good health.

looking forward for the "side by side" have heard good stuff about the LL green insert. THX in advance!!

Reactions: HansNfranZZZ

-prick

15/1/17
The more often i see it, the more i get to love it
what a beautiful watch, enjoy!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
congrats. something that can't really be explained well is the difference of the insert on the real one - it has a deep emerald / metallic lustre and a glow that can't be shown in a photograph. as soon as you see one in real life you realise there is no substitute.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Congratulations!! How long was the wait?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
congrats. something that can't really be explained well is the difference of the insert on the real one - it has a deep emerald / metallic lustre and a glow that can't be shown in a photograph. as soon as you see one in real life you realise there is no substitute.

Very true, it changes so much based on light. Both the insert and the insert markers. “Glow” is a great way of putting it when the sun hits it.

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
Congrats bro it looks beautiful. How would you say the v6/v7 sunburst dial compares to the gen?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Every time somebody posts their genuine hulk pictures , it makes me realise how good the VRF version is .

Reactions: Digitalairair

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Congrats bro it looks beautiful. How would you say the v6/v7 sunburst dial compares to the gen?

The color is comparable but the starburst on gen reacts to light a little differently.

When light hits the rep, you know how when there’s a cloudy overhead, the starburst is more of a gradient, whereas with strong light like the sun overhead or a flash, the starburst is a sharp contrast... almost like a single thin energy beam line that rotates around the dial as you move the watch or position of the light source hitting it?

well gen has the same effect but it’s more of a gradient in all light conditions. In other words, a larger percentage of the dial lights up when sun hits it, and the transition is more blended as a green gradient from dark to light.

does that make sense? The photo I posted with the Mercedes wheel in the background is a visual example of this. Notice how nearly the entire dial is lighting up.

Photo of my gen in direct sun sitting inside a car - https://image.ibb.co/jsmXPS/604_B5_C...4910_DA496.jpg

Photo of someone’s v6/v7 that I found online in what looks like direct sunlight also from inside a car like mine (from memory of having my reps outside in direct sun this photo captures what I’m talking about) - https://m.imgur.com/LwI9pKh?r

on gen in direct sunlight a larger quadrant of the dial starbursts and the gradient is smoother.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yadda Yadda

Versaceboy54

I <3 DD’s
Certified
26/6/13
NYC
That is a great detailed description. Thank you! I think I need to get the gen :)

The color is comparable but the starburst on gen reacts to light a little differently.

When light hits the rep, you know how when there’s a cloudy overhead, the starburst is more of a gradient, whereas with strong light like the sun overhead or a flash, the starburst is a sharp contrast... almost like a single thin energy beam line that rotates around the dial as you move the watch or position of the light source hitting it?

well gen has the same effect but it’s more of a gradient in all light conditions. In other words, a larger percentage of the dial lights up when sun hits it, and the transition is more blended as a green gradient from dark to light.

does that make sense? The photo I posted with the Mercedes wheel in the background is a visual example of this. Notice how nearly the entire dial is lighting up.

Photo of my gen in direct sun sitting inside a car - https://image.ibb.co/jsmXPS/604_B5_C...4910_DA496.jpg

Photo of someone’s v6/v7 that I found online in what looks like direct sunlight also from inside a car like mine (from memory of having my reps outside in direct sun this photo captures what I’m talking about) - https://m.imgur.com/LwI9pKh?r

on gen in direct sunlight a larger quadrant of the dial starbursts and the gradient is smoother.

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Amazing dial, amazing insert. Well an amazing watch!! haha Congrats with this beautiful Gen. Wear it in good health.

looking forward for the "side by side" have heard good stuff about the LL green insert. THX in advance!!

I’m excited to get the rep back too I’m super curious to see them side by side.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
congrats mate. even though it's clear the gen is better, would you say it is so different that if you swapped it with one of these new arf/noob/vrf latest hulks, someone or even you would clearly spot the difference? hopefully, that makes sense

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
congrats mate. even though it's clear the gen is better, would you say it is so different that if you swapped it with one of these new arf/noob/vrf latest hulks, someone or even you would clearly spot the difference? hopefully, that makes sense

Me? Yes.

“Someone” - 98% no.

In terms of people who actually own Rolexes - 80% wouldn’t be able to tell the difference unless you had both side by side.

They haven’t quite gotten the bezel color right in the past and that’s the biggest tell. None of us no how the bezel is on the new arf/vrf/noob. The second most noticeable thing is the lack of AR on the cyclops of reps. If you know what to look for it’s easy to tell.

are they still worth buying? Yes I loved my v7 hulk.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I think closest green insert to gen is loco Louis. There are some computation pics on other forum in different lighting and damn you can’t tell them apart when it comes to green color. I think numbers are slightly too white.

Subzed

24/4/18
Wow, that first pic blows me away. I’ve been looking at so many pics of reps lately and then BAM!
Wear that beauty in good health brother.