• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF or Noob Daytona?

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17
Noob daytona makes simle franken project very easy
b8c2a0604432e1f26bc46b2cfefb44f8.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Reactions: w.bblr

CMan82

Looking Around
21/7/18
Researched this quite a bit when looking at Daytona’s & ended up ordering the ARF.

Recieved mine last week and I love it :D

17g3rc.jpg

904L bracelet & A4130 movement

Reactions: RobLive7

silverclaw

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
UK
So can anyone confirm you can drop the noob rep movement into the case/hands/dial/everything of the ARF watch?
​​​​​​
​​​​​

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Noob "Seven's" last pictures with factory white dial. She's scheduled soon to travel off for a GEN facelift and a spa. Meanwhile I let the chronograph run free... :jeff:

6nr9U.jpg

shotgun

Patron
Certified
5/6/12
EU
ARF best daytona in the market!!!IHMO
623e9e28a331e187b2f9a61ebce633e9.jpg
77239476136b5d24def2ad84966e1bfc.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: RobLive7

Mark1937

Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Counters are wrong in the black version ARF 116500. Maybe they will be better in the V2?

jpro77

Looking Around
19/8/18
Hey guys, I just ordered the Daytona below from PureTime:

16519 ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case Gray/Black Dial on Black Rubber Strap A4130 Super Clone V2

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...-black-rubber-strap-a4130-super-clone-v2.html

I'm wondering how hard it would be to swap out the rubber strap for a metal bracelet? Will fit be an issue? I'd like to go with something completely different, I've seen some cool ones on this site, but I'm not sure they'd fit. Is there any way to be certain? I've also heard you guys mention the ARF bracelet, that would be an option too.

Not sure that I'm a fan of the rubber strap...

Thanks!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Hey guys, I just ordered the Daytona below from PureTime:

16519 ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case Gray/Black Dial on Black Rubber Strap A4130 Super Clone V2

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/ro...-black-rubber-strap-a4130-super-clone-v2.html

I'm wondering how hard it would be to swap out the rubber strap for a metal bracelet? Will fit be an issue? I'd like to go with something completely different, I've seen some cool ones on this site, but I'm not sure they'd fit. Is there any way to be certain? I've also heard you guys mention the ARF bracelet, that would be an option too.

Not sure that I'm a fan of the rubber strap...

Thanks!

Not possible AFAIK. You should get a SS version if you want the band, and ask for a grey dial on top of that (if that is what you are going for?)

shaKi47

Known Member
5/4/16
The Main question is easy to anwser:

if You want a Watch(what have all functions what You Can See on it)... then buy the noob.

if You want only the Design... then buy the ARF

p.schwabe.2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/16
I have 2 noob daytonas (but with the bad black dial)! But i need a arf to check which one have the better feeling...

ab2238285a4ecafad4055e299345d288.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
hi, can someone explain why the noob black dial is bad? i've been doing some research and there is a lot of threads about the white dial, and the v2 updates to the white dial. just wondering why the black dial is bad and if anyone knows if there are plans for a v2 black dial update? thank you.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
hi, can someone explain why the noob black dial is bad? i've been doing some research and there is a lot of threads about the white dial, and the v2 updates to the white dial. just wondering why the black dial is bad and if anyone knows if there are plans for a v2 black dial update? thank you.

These are a number of comparison pics on the forum, you'll have to look around. Look at the R O L E X spacing on the Noob lettering , and the too big subdial rings, just to mention two things.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/6951666-noob-daytona-vs-arf-daytona

Pic from guru

Also look at ssouthall6 great comparison post

​​​​​​​https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...b-v1-and-noob-v2-2018-dial-and-bezel-analysis

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
thanks i thought that was regarding the white dial but i guess it is the same for black dial. thanks again

Reactions: KJ2020

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
This is what I notice in the '500 dials:

Noob:
GIANT BLOODY SUBDIALS.
ROLEX font is too thin and (as a result), too much space between the letters. It's very noticeable around the "O".
Crown is a little bit derpy.
Indices overly square / not rounded enough.

ARF:
Subdial printing too thin on the V1 black dial (not sure about white).
Crown is overly flat / square, with a bit of a "middle finger" look.
Black dial ROLEX font seems too thin, causing some exaggerated spacing (not as bad as the noob)

BOTH:
The red in DAYTONA seems to be a bit more of a muted orangey-red, vs a vivid red on the gen.

Those are the ones that catch my eye first. Most I find quite subtle - It's the noob subdials and the ROLEX printing that I find stand out the most for me.

Reactions: ssouthall6

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
This is what I notice in the '500 dials:

Noob:
GIANT BLOODY SUBDIALS.
ROLEX font is too thin and (as a result), too much space between the letters. It's very noticeable around the "O".
Crown is a little bit derpy.
Indices overly square / not rounded enough.

ARF:
Subdial printing too thin on the V1 black dial (not sure about white).
Crown is overly flat / square, with a bit of a "middle finger" look.
Black dial ROLEX font seems too thin, causing some exaggerated spacing (not as bad as the noob)

BOTH:
The red in DAYTONA seems to be a bit more of a muted orangey-red, vs a vivid red on the gen.

Those are the ones that catch my eye first. Most I find quite subtle - It's the noob subdials and the ROLEX printing that I find stand out the most for me.

All Correct.
You can forget the "spacing" issue. That "O" in Noob's ROLEX really annoys me no end.
But I'm ordering Noob for the movement and change the dial and bezel.

Reactions: corleone911

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
thanks i thought that was regarding the white dial but i guess it is the same for black dial. thanks again

Please take into consideration that all dials are faulty and the only way to get it perfect is to franken for 900ish more, as in general people its in love with the noob because of the movement, in the other hand ARF 904 look it's really nice, panda and big red versions.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
All Correct.
You can forget the "spacing" issue. That "O" in Noob's ROLEX really annoys me no end.
But I'm ordering Noob for the movement and change the dial and bezel.

Are you sure there isn’t a gen dial variation with that “O”

Generally speaking Rolex have so many batch dial variants (some are super rare and hard to find in pictures).

Over the years, across the Rolex sports range, we have seen flat O, or flat S and an extra space here and there and nobody realistically has committed all the variants to memory.

So the “O” on this rep does not bother me but I understand that everyone of us has their own issues.