• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
For those still on the fence, here is another ARF vs gen comparison. I would call it bullshit if someone says he is able to call out the ARF without up close side by side comparison with a gen. This is my grail now besides TC and WM9. Best OOTB 116610 period.
325aa70364a7aba238907630c1c03263.jpg

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Everything looks great IMHO, really beautiful piece. The thing that stands out to me is the wide triangle on the bezel insert and the fact that the crown does not go all the way in. So rep on the right, gen on left.

Reactions: electric

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Easier tell is the dial :D the writing under Rolex is to bold so it looks like "Rolex" is to thin and the whole under writing with Submariner etc is way to bold. Surprised that nobody see that, because it was the first thing i saw on the ARF.

Still a great rep would be even better with a BP dial.

Edit here from another thread:

cdf7f27bc97e5addb08293b5a6f08c00.jpg

look at the Noob V9 who bold the Rolex writing looks and then how thin the ARF version, on older versions it was better seems like they switched the dial maker.

71bucks

18/5/10
Does anyone with an ARF Hulk think that the bezel lights up apple green in the bright daylight better than the Noob V9? Or is it believed that the bezel is about the same, color wise, as the Noob V9?

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
ARF is growing on me. I’m between this and the JF 5 digit v2.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Does anyone with an ARF Hulk think that the bezel lights up apple green in the bright daylight better than the Noob V9? Or is it believed that the bezel is about the same, color wise, as the Noob V9?

I have both, the ARF is closer to Gen, still not nailed but its brighter for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71bucks

18/5/10
I have both, the ARF is closer to Gen, still not nailed but its brighter for me

If you only owned the noob v9, would you go through the effort of getting the arf for the difference or is the difference too minor?

SubVette

Known Member
26/4/18
For those still on the fence, here is another ARF vs gen comparison. I would call it bullshit if someone says he is able to call out the ARF without up close side by side comparison with a gen. This is my grail now besides TC and WM9. Best OOTB 116610 period.
325aa70364a7aba238907630c1c03263.jpg

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

Stand back 30 feet ...THEN try to find the GEN, That would be real-world observation. these uber Magnified shots will find flaws even in the gen..

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
If you only owned the noob v9, would you go through the effort of getting the arf for the difference or is the difference too minor?

My honest opinion, if you want the best otb hulk - sell the v9 and get an ARF so yes it’s definitely worth the effort as the differences are big. (Insert/ sels/ hands) Or - get an ARF too and hybrid the shit out of them. This was my plan - just need a smith in the UK. The one recommended hasn’t responded to any mails which is a pain.

ARF is a much better rep than the v9 IMO mate. Most will agree.

If you dont want to change at least get a plat mod on your v9 will make a world of difference.

Reactions: The Alchemy Index

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
How do you figure the ARF is that much better than a V9? Maybe the coloring on the LV, but watch dimensions and other details the ARF is not as good as the v9

jbstfu

Horology Curious
13/6/18
Hi Guys, I just received my QC pic, I will really appreciate if you guys could help me out, I am hoping to receive the watch before my birthday..

how is the bezel insert 45 , 50 , 55 flaw passable?

and also I wanna ask if the bezel insert to the crystal/rehaut not flushed normal and fixable?

other than that, I could not see any more flaws ..
rehaut looks perfect ..

Thank you in advance ..

https://imgur.com/a/ivAAa8g

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Stand back 30 feet ...THEN try to find the GEN, That would be real-world observation. these uber Magnified shots will find flaws even in the gen..

I agree 100X. I have said it too. People think that invictas are Rolex. It is a joke how we pay attention too all the lug and CG. When I sit at a table next too someone 4 feet away is when I can start to look and see its a rolex. When Im at a bar of on a cruise or at a meeting with someone sitting right next too me is when I can start too see the details needed. Or if I get friendly like last years Euro cruse when I busted the guy with the deep sea dweller. He was telling me he had a rotor that would just spin. I told him I work on watches. I said let me see. It was an ETA based rep. I told him too take it to rolex because it is acting odd. I told him the hands adjust backwards. LOL. I didn't want to embarrass him in front of family. But it was a nice rep.

We are our own worst enemies. I have the new Daytona noob with the 4130. I am back dating it too a 116520. I have a new dial, hands, crystal, bezel, Crown. Someone told me today that the case is off because it is 12.89 mm instead of Rolex spec of 12.2 LOL. Ok. so .2 if a mm. Really? This is the sickness of people who don't own a real rolex. Or if they do they dont get it. I own 5 real ones right now and 5 fakes. I wear my build fakes all the time. Ask me if I measure the difference between my real hulk and my V6S 116610LN? No I don't. But it is all rolex but the case. I even got a rolex case back and crystal ring and bezel and crystal. If noob was .2mm off, do you think the average person knows? I can hear it now. "Sir, that is not a Rolex. It is .2mm too thick!!!! FAKER!!!!!!!! " LOL. I get, "Nice watch!" all the time.

Cant wait too do the daytona. Just haven't had the ambition and the black ceramic grew on me. So no rush. Parts aren't going anywhere.

Guys I know I said it but I donated the ARF116610LN which really is the best out of the box rep of the 116610LN. Go for it. For $15 buck or grab 10 spots. If you get it you are getting an amazing watch. I only took the plastic off too take pics for this post and compare it too the noob and the real one and the V6S rest real one.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
How do you figure the ARF is that much better than a V9? Maybe the coloring on the LV, but watch dimensions and other details the ARF is not as good as the v9

The ARF is out of the box better. The bezel is better. Crystal is better. Noob crystal is too high or at lest the 3135 one. The band is better. The clasp is spot on in engraving. The date wheel is better. If you were too get a noob 2836 ver. You need a bezel upgrade. Spongbob or buy a real one. You need to change gasket or get a real crystal. Date wheel, and a clasp. Noob polished the inerclasp so much they made a mirror. LOL. So you can look at your hair if you want. Rolex didn't do that. So out of the box yes the ARF is better.

Reactions: dom1986

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

Oh one more thing. If you want a watch too grow with you, then the noob is better in 3135 form. You can built it too a all rolex minus case like I have. Put a real dial, real crystal band bezel and real band and real movement and hands and so on where the ARF you are stuck with an ETA rep or a real eta with a date wheel layover. But out of the box the noob is very detectible. The insert is still too white the date is extremely the wrong size because of the crystal and gasket they used. I love the feel of the noob better. But looks wise. ARF all the way.

Reactions: dom1986

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
come on the new daytona ice blue version uses a cheap low budget dial for a premium price, i have the same dial and my rep costs 150 € from narikaa. That has nothing to do with "worst enemies" the chinese noob factory just trying to put cheap shit in it and let us pay a premium price. JF did a 1:1 dial for the ice blue version which looks miles better than the crap from noob.

Sorry but thats just a joke in my eyes sure its just a replica but i hate when someone trys to fool me and noob try it everytime lol

Edit: I did wrote that in the daytona thread btw because i hate how noob try to sell the cheap shit for a premium price.

Last edited:

Barto911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/18
Hey, i plan to install a sh3135 on a 904l ARF sub, but does the dial and the hands will fit? And if it doesnt what should i do? Thank you

Sent from the RWI App