• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610ln will release on 20.4

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
what is that instrument doing at the last seconds in the video?

its a hardness tester like for diamonds. Sapphire crystal has the same hardness on that scale as diamond. Hes showing that with that hardness tester.

Reactions: Tenrom

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
All I am saying....in regards to that insert. I thought (along with everyone else) that the dssd's was too deep as well. To me it looks like its just a hair too deep. BUT when i finally got it next to my gens, they were exactly the same depth. EXACTLY the same. The reason why it looked too deep was clear when side by side. The gen has a bevel to the numbers and indices. Making the cut outs look smaller, but they are exactly the same depth and color. The ARF has strait cut outs so it has the illusion only in pics to be deeper. So until we see a side by side Gen and ARF insert comparison, I am sticking to actual, proven facts and saying less that bevel, its spot on. If anyone needs proof, i will be more than happy to shoot more side by sides to show you...

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Im more concerned about the insert numbers. Gen numbers are placed right in the middle. The one on the arf just seems too close to the edges. People usually look at the inserts first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkTellsTime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/18
New England
Just ordered one of these from Angus. If the LN looks more like the Hulk it should be pretty nice. I'll be happy to do an in depth review when it arrives. Not a Submariner master, never owned a gen, but I'm great at taking pictures and can take great macros. Will report in when I have some pics.

Reactions: Slowlex

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
All I am saying....in regards to that insert. I thought (along with everyone else) that the dssd's was too deep as well. To me it looks like its just a hair too deep. BUT when i finally got it next to my gens, they were exactly the same depth. EXACTLY the same. The reason why it looked too deep was clear when side by side. The gen has a bevel to the numbers and indices. Making the cut outs look smaller, but they are exactly the same depth and color. The ARF has strait cut outs so it has the illusion only in pics to be deeper. So until we see a side by side Gen and ARF insert comparison, I am sticking to actual, proven facts and saying less that bevel, its spot on. If anyone needs proof, i will be more than happy to shoot more side by sides to show you...

But you are comparing the DSSD to gen, when you look at pictures, this engraving on the 116610 looks deeper than the DSSD.

DSSD
516e82c0d435e626e3c64734e780bd92.jpg

SUB
192f5ff4309ffdbd45f5451f2e127fd2.jpg

I hope you’re right but from the pictures it really looks like the engraving is cut too deep.

Geof89

Known Member
9/12/13
But you are comparing the DSSD to gen, when you look at pictures, this engraving on the 116610 looks deeper than the DSSD.

DSSD
516e82c0d435e626e3c64734e780bd92.jpg

SUB
192f5ff4309ffdbd45f5451f2e127fd2.jpg

I hope you’re right but from the pictures it really looks like the engraving is cut too deep.

I find it really good. this is the first time a factory makes deep numbers.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I think the insert numbers look perfect. Especially since I would want to put lume in them.

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
What ARF really needs to learn is to get fonts, engravings, etc. right. Every single coronet on this watch (except for the clasp buckle one) looks like craaaappppp.
The rehaut font looks silly, the rehaut coronet looks even more silly, the dial coronet is a joke, the bezel insert engraving is way too deep and the engraved clasp logo doesn't even look similar to gen.
Other than that it's a pretty cool looking watch. (at least we have some competition vs. noob & vr fac)

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

Geof89

Known Member
9/12/13
What ARF really needs to learn is to get fonts, engravings, etc. right. Every single coronet on this watch (except for the clasp buckle one) looks like craaaappppp.
The rehaut font looks silly, the rehaut coronet looks even more silly, the dial coronet is a joke, the bezel insert engraving is way too deep and the engraved clasp logo doesn't even look similar to gen.
Other than that it's a pretty cool looking watch. (at least we have some competition vs. noob & vr fac)

the sub VRF is better for you ?

superyl

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/17

I did a side by side comparison with gen and can’t find much diff regarding the coronet. Maybe I need an eye exam?

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: guru

SWI

Known Member
1/11/17
Canada
I did a side by side comparison with gen and can’t find much diff regarding the coronet. Maybe I need an eye exam?

Sent from the RWI App

I just finished doing the same, I dunno I don’t see a difference either.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: guru

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
Maybe you need buy a gen. It is only rep...

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Maybe you need buy a gen. It is only rep...

Just saying... We had a perfect case and perfect engravings before, so it can be done. Bp had pretty much perfect dials as well.

@Geof89 Yes and no. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

farzin1994

Horology Curious
17/6/17
If u dont’t do mods and price difference doesn’t matter do i need to get a 3135 or 2824 for best lookalike gen?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
If u dont’t do mods and price difference doesn’t matter do i need to get a 3135 or 2824 for best lookalike gen?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

as its a 2824 movement, not a 2836, there is no reason why it would look any different from a 3135 on the outside.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I don't know guys iam a big fan of the new sea dweller (ARF Release) but this ARF from the youtube video doesnt look "good" to me. I don't know why but the inserts and everything else look so cheap comapred to the noob v7 (which has a shitty insert). I hope they can fix all the issues.