• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ANDREI01 GEN CLASP MOD My new glidelock clasp modded to look identical to gen pictoral

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
This. Especially on tool watches like a Sub, I find the piece has way more appeal when it has some dings from normal use. Cleaning some of the most obvious desk dives sometimes I do, but the big hits are like scars, they add history to the watch!

Really good job on this andrei01 by the way, I remember reading your thread when you posted the method and I must take my hat off, especially for two things:

1. The incredible amount of research, trial and error and proper development you did. Some people come up with a well finished process and think they can reproduce it, but it's not that easy if you haven't developed it properly like you did. These examples in this thread prove you have a real method to follow.

2. You made it public since day one. I can't stress how important is this to me, and this forum. We have seen plenty of examples of people with magic formulas that keep to themselves, and to me it's not what this community is about. And you not only shared it but also proved that you can still offer that service, which demonstrates that making it public doesn't mean everybody will steal your business. All the contrary, it enriches the community and now other people that were investigating how to improve the bracelets can work using your info too. Who knows what might come next.

Great respect for a great contribution andrei01!

Thanks mate. I really appreciate your kind words!

Tbh the only time i thought about keeping one of my methods a secret was when i was using a cheapo 3m scotch brite pad instead of some fancy bergeon brush pads :)) I thought that maybe by telling i'll get laughed at here .

What i do is not rocket scinece, if fact is pretty easy but it takes time and practice to do things right like every other job there is. I do have to really take my time when modding a clasp because you can't go back once you grinded too much.

About the research, i owe a lot to smoke for pointing out a lot of details i otherwise would have missed, like the rounded edges on the clasp for ex.

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Thanks mate. I really appreciate your kind words!

Tbh the only time i thought about keeping one of my methods a secret was when i was using a cheapo 3m scotch brite pad instead of some fancy bergeon brush pads :)) I thought that maybe by telling i'll get laughed at here .

What i do is not rocket scinece, if fact is pretty easy but it takes time and practice to do things right like every other job there is. I do have to really take my time when modding a clasp because you can't go back once you grinded too much.

About the research, i owe a lot to smoke for pointing out a lot of details i otherwise would have missed, like the rounded edges on the clasp for ex.

Andrei, regardless, still a legend and a defo asset to this community :) look forward to seeing you do casework etc and hey ho, becoming a SV one day? :)