• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
G30 don't know that, I think BK have some different supplier for its parts, but I could be wrong...

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
I will soon have an DSSD case with an Sapphire crystal on it, where I will do my next mod, so I will have the chance to compare it, how it looks on the watch.. Personally, yes it is a bit extra for sapphire, but if you hit the watch to the wall, it doesn't matter if it is sapphire or mineral, it will scratch / shatters... As for the mineral glass, the latest version of DSSD V5 uses Mineral glass. I have the 88USD version from Replicamake, and I am happy with it.

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
johnnydeepsea I have already posted pics of my watch.. I will again, after another modifications / repairs that I have messed up with my first try. Also I will compare and take a lot of pictures again :)

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Isn't Robert's DSSD essentially BK's without modifications?

G30 don't know that, I think BK have some different supplier for its parts, but I could be wrong...

Not entirely sure either; I'm quoting Thinkbachs here...

Time4Direct DSSD $249: Same as the BK version without the extras.

Pros: Basically getting a BK DSSD without the improved date wheel and special attention that goes into quality control.

From this thread...

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...834&highlight=Swiss+2836-2+Automatic+Movement

richardebbole

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/10
Screensaver

I guess you all know that Rolex has Screensavers available for downloading. The DSSD is great.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Rolex DeepSea Sea-Dweller 116660 DSSD Watch Review

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDiQ4xiz7ww[/AME]

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
HeadScratch.jpg

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
I give you some sneak peaks on my latest project, building me ULTIMATE :lol: version of DSSD (uber glowing lume, Clone ETA, Correct new Type of dial created by me, sapphire crystal).

I have bought an DSSD case from one member with Sapphire crystal. Too bad that case has got a bit bigger holes that I though it will have, so It was difficult to remove with only cape cod cloth (I need to buy buff machine soon...). Well some pics

Here is my DIAL in PS for now, around mid April, I should start to do first test of applying it onto the dial.. I will keep you posted, how it will go ! :)

rolexdssddial.jpg

This is the case with damaged corner before polishing it

s6301651.jpg

s6301650.jpg

And here is picture after ~45 minutes of polishing with cape cod cloth

s6301660.jpg

And here are comparation pictures, with this new DSSD case (on the left), and my old DSSD case (on the right). The new DSSD case has got waterproofed sapphire crystal + HE valve. Please note, that on my old DSSD I have made a new pearl plate. The old one was too THIN !

s6301686f.jpg

s6301689.jpg

s6301692.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it :) soon will post some interesting pictures....

jrodshibuya

I'm Pretty Popular
11/2/11
Wow Kenny that's a hardcore project! I look forward to following it.

I joined this club a few days ago, love it. I find it surprisingly comfortable for a large watch. Here's my $88 beauty:

sc54s2.jpg

Davemul - I and many others got their DSSD from Replicamake, you pretty much can't go wrong.

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
I'm joining the club. My collection has grown and decided there should be one Rolex in it, and the DSSD is my choice. Although pretty expensive, I jumped on a BK DSSD (looks like a V6 case based on the crown guards) with Vac re-lume, epoxy sealed HEV, and bezel/pearl mod. I'll get my own photos when it arrives this week but here is a preview:

DSCF2049.jpg