• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Hi all,
I am not an expert for DSSD (or rolex particularly) so perhaps it would be the best to ask here.

Does this categorized as a bad-cheap rep, or not?
(Seen this on local marketplace)

Thanks in advance.

HsqIBY.jpeg
That is not a 116600 DSSD. It is vintage 1665 DRSD (Double Red Sea Dweller). Nothing wrong with it from what I can see. It seems pretty new so you might want to age it a bit to give it an authentic look. JKF versions range from €120 to €220 depending on the movement.

Last edited:
Reactions: baldocd

Reevesy

Looking Around
13/12/23
That is a old Noob V5. The V5 was an amalgam of Noob parts with a 2813 movement. I think it cost around €180 and was great value for money. I have had this one for years after having 3 Noob 2836 V7s.
What did you think of the 2836 V7s?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Got the QC today of this GMF.

What do you guys think? Alignment could be better and the minute hand is short but other then that it looks good to me. Movement should be the "good" one as I read earlier.

Thank's guys and have a nice weekend :)

The only thing I can see which looks like a fault is the 'M' in SYSTEM. The printing looks like it has bled. The bottom of the 'S's in SYSTEM, and also the 'E', but not as much.

Xandervvvvv

Horology Curious
15/4/23
Germany
The only thing I can see which looks like a fault is the 'M' in SYSTEM. The printing looks like it has bled. The bottom of the 'S's in SYSTEM, and also the 'E', but not as much.
I see what you mean. Could be just the reflection of the crystal dome. In this picture and the video it looks much better. But the 'M' doesn't look better there..

Reactions: Gill777

funk49

Looking Around
24/5/14
Okay guys, I am in the market for a DSSD. The old DSSD I have that I got from BK is about 10 years old (but still going strong, minus the pearl and a few minutes lagging on the Swiss movement in it) and I'm in the market for a new one. From what I can tell, he has gotten out of the game so I'm looking for who has the best currently. I see that they have them the V9F at Trustytime but I'm not sure of the others out there. I've heard Noob is gone and that there's VSF and others. I can't even keep track because I've been out of the game for so long.

In your opinion, what's the best version currently and which TD's do you recommend?

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
The "best" DSSD version to this day is the ARF-based BK model. Seriously. If you have one, get it serviced, add a new pearl, and enjoy it. Years from now, the BK DSSD will be held in the same esteem as the TK Submariner.

Well, you've asked.

Reactions: mcboom and Gill777

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
In your opinion, what's the best version currently and which TD's do you recommend?
My recommendation, and how I've approached this has been:
  1. Do you want the 116660 or 126660 reference? (Ignore TD ads for the 136660, as they currently don't exist as reps; they're just the 126660)
  2. View and download pics of the gen reference you decide on, paying close attention to all visible parts, especially those that cannot be changed, such as the OGEV RLS ring and Crown Guards (although they can be reshaped)
  3. Do you want a DSSD capable of accepting gen parts (primarily dial and hands), as this will determine which movement you choose and will limit your options based on what TDs are able to source
    • From what you've said above, you have the ARF with a gen ETA 2836 swapped in. Note that clone 3135/3235 movements have come a long way in the last few years
  4. Check ads on TD sites to see which watches look the best compared to the gens you've viewed
  5. Contact your preferred TD to check on availably, and you can keep an eye on the M2M sales section
I would also encourage you to review the last 20 or so pages of this thread, as everything you need to know has been answered there.

WRT recommended TDs, check out the Trusted Dealers section and read the reviews. Communicate with the ones you narrow down and see who you like.

funk49

Looking Around
24/5/14
Thanks for the informative replies guys, it's much appreciated. Based on what you guys have said, I'm going to find a shop to service the BK DSSD I've been wearing for years.

Does anyone know if the crystal in the ARF DSSD (not sure which version this would be) can be swapped for a newer one? That's really been my only complaint is that it's always seemed a little "cloudy" and not as clear as the ones I see these days. Maybe I can just get it polished during servicing but I'm not sure if that's a thing. Again, thanks for the help!

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Does anyone know if the crystal in the ARF DSSD (not sure which version this would be) can be swapped for a newer one? That's really been my only complaint is that it's always seemed a little "cloudy" and not as clear as the ones I see these days. Maybe I can just get it polished during servicing but I'm not sure if that's a thing. Again, thanks for the help!
BK is still operating as far as I know, and he'd be my first point of contact to ask about this.

funk49

Looking Around
24/5/14
BK is still operating as far as I know, and he'd be my first point of contact to ask about this.
I'll send him a PM then. A number of people over in his thread are saying that he's not doing watches anymore.

Gill777

Give me 47mm and sandwich dials all day
14/8/07
USA
I'll send him a PM then. A number of people over in his thread are saying that he's not doing watches anymoreBKlll

I'll send him a PM then. A number of people over in his thread are saying that he's not doing watches anymore.
BK and I corresponded last month via email and he said he was retired and the only thing he had on hand were PAM 111 from HWF.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
d9749450635a8b4d35f0a06c4db959fb.jpg

Arf case set, arf hands, sh3135 serviced, gen dial, gen dw, spongebob insert and prof xtal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mate, old post, but wondering who did your Xtal work, or did you do it yourself? Another member here looking for someone to replace their Xtal. Cheers.