• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
HAjiLP.jpeg

HAjWGJ.jpeg

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
So to summarize for a 126660 black, GMF or BP is currently the best option?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
So to summarize for a 126660 black, GMF or BP is currently the best option?
Yes and No. BPF and GMF look very good and pretty damn accurate, but they all appear to have SA3235 movements, which are NOT good. If they don't die on you, you're okay, but if (when) they do, they can only be replaced by another of the same movement (if you're able to find one, and then you're likely to repeat the cycle), or you may be able to use a VR/VS movement, but dial modifications are almost certainly required (remove feet and glue dual to movement, to put it crudely). Or, you could get a new VR/VS movement and a new dial intended for those movements.

I just bought a black dial BPF and will take the above approach when the time comes.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Yes and No. BPF and GMF look very good and pretty damn accurate, but they all appear to have SA3235 movements, which are NOT good. If they don't die on you, you're okay, but if (when) they do, they can only be replaced by another of the same movement (if you're able to find one, and then you're likely to repeat the cycle), or you may be able to use a VR/VS movement, but dial modifications are almost certainly required (remove feet and glue dual to movement, to put it crudely). Or, you could get a new VR/VS movement and a new dial intended for those movements.

I just bought a black dial BPF and will take the above approach when the time comes.
I found a GMF 126660 with A2824 movement on theonewatches.io and they confirmed via whatsapp I could order with a VR3235 movement too.

Reactions: Gill777

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia

Do I misunderstand the movement details?
That movement is not a VR3235. It's the SA3235.
See here for reference:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I found a GMF 126660 with A2824 movement on theonewatches.io and they confirmed via whatsapp I could order with a VR3235 movement too.
That is a 2824. It may also be a 2836. Can't tell from these pics. Both are a good choice provided you don't intend to mod with gen dial or hands. That rep is also claimed to be 904 throughout (important to some, not to others). Good looking rep for a decent price IMO.

If Steve is saying you can get a 126660 GMF with a VR3235 movement, request pics to confirm. I think you'll find it is also the SA3235. Or, he's referring to the CSF, which does appear to have a VR3235 based on the pics on his website.

Last edited:

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
That is a 2824. It may also be a 2836. Can't tell from these pics. Both are a good choice provided you don't intend to mod with gen dial or hands. That rep is also claimed to be 904 throughout (important to some, not to others). Good looking rep for a decent price IMO.

If Steve is saying you can get a 126660 GMF with a VR3235 movement, request pics to confirm. I think you'll find it is also the SA3235. Or, he's referring to the CSF, which does appear to have a VR3235 based on the pics on his website.
Would the CSF be a decent option? Thank you so much for all the advise and support, super appreciated.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Would the CSF be a decent option? Thank you so much for all the advise and support, super appreciated.
Have only seen pics, and not a fan from those I have seen. In particular, the OGEV ring is misaligned. The "K" at the bottom is way off. And I don't know if the ring is part of the case on a CSF or a separate pieces. If it's part of the case, you can't fix it. The font on the ring is completely incorrect anyway. The dial isn't great, either.

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
This ^^^^^^

I always stick to the old reliable 2824/2836 if I have the choice.

I seem to have luck with SA movement. I had noob that run perfect for 4 years until I decided to sell it. As far i know buyer didn’t hang any problems with the movement for a long time after receiving the watch. I had problems with VS3235.
You never know with those movements. The thing that bother me about ETA is incorrect hands rotation when setting time.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
The thing that bother me about ETA is incorrect hands rotation when setting time.
You were lucky with the SA I am glad to hear, most are OK but I want more of a guarantee lol. I know I can throw my ETA at my watchemaker and no matter what he can fix it.. The incorrect time setting rotation generally does not get to me. I was only obsessive with it on the 16613. I just love the easiness of the ETAs.

Reactions: rcom440

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Agreeing with C Master. The "best" option in my book is to buy a BK 126660 with genuine SWISS ETA. It will outlast you and the next nuclear winter. And if, God forbid, ever anything happened to the movement, any watchmaker in Alaska or Kazakhstan will be able to fix it. Yes, it cost a bit more, but it's worth every penny.

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong
Agreeing with C Master. The "best" option in my book is to buy a BK 126660 with genuine SWISS ETA. It will outlast you and the next nuclear winter. And if, God forbid, ever anything happened to the movement, any watchmaker in Alaska or Kazakhstan will be able to fix it. Yes, it cost a bit more, but it's worth every penny.

So true. I rolled the dice with SA3135 a couple of months back and now the date wheel could not be manually changed but would still change at midnight. I informed the TD of this issue and working out a solution. Ultimately I am looking to replace this with a VR3135.