• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BRUSHING AS GEN MOD

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Hi Guys,
Today i would like to explain what's the brushing as gen mod is and what is necessary for get it.
Someone think that is a simply shacked with a right sand paper...that's not true!
I start with the easyest oyster bracelet like Submariner, Deepsea, SD4K, Explorex, ext...
For get the same brushing as gen you need a Gen Rolex(for matching it), specific wheeling machine(right numbers of turning RPM and expensive), right brushing disks(not so cheap).
Than you have to disassembly the bracelet and fit it on a right position fot get the right results.
More difficults with the brushing of the case.
That's my machine:When you are ready for brush you have to chose the rigjt RPM and do it with a right pressure...it's not easy to get the right result.
Than you have to match after any hand of brushing the results with the gen rolex.
When you are satisfied you can reassembly all.
More difficult it's the oyster bracelet like GMT, DAYTONA, YACHTMASTER...because you have to cover the polished part with a special scotch(expensive) and after cover the brushed part for polish the central part with the right disk and right polishing material(it's not easy trust in me).
That's why the modder ask 50-80-100€ for that mod.
It needs time and care.
I see that some members here are complaining about price of that mod...all that i can say to you is "TRY IT YOURSELF".
I bought all necessary for doing it for myself.
I didn't do it for other members and i will not do it for other members(only for my friends).
It's very bad to read bad words about modder that do this not so easy mod.
It's a mod as service so if you want it you have to pay for it.
The right stuff for getting it are not free.
Hoping to enlight someone on this controversial mod.
My ex SD4K brushed for free for

Last edited:

sonofapreacherman

Known Member
25/7/17
Oh man that's really neat!
Had no idea it took so much effort- it's enlightening to know. Time and materials are definitely worth it.

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
Oh man that's really neat!
Had no idea it took so much effort- it's enlightening to know. Time and materials are definitely worth it.

I know mate, that's the reason why i opened this thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2fake4u

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/9/16
impressive.

especially considering Hulk usually Smash

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
I'm sure that @JohnnyDepp could give us more details about this mod because he's a master on bracelet and case.
I have only to learn from him.

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
Awesome work! Thank you for clearing this up because I see a lot of people bashing this in other threads and saying “is only worth $25”. I would also like to add, if you do this at home with sandpaper or those green pad things you run the risk of damaging your watch, you sand the metal too much and your bracelet is completely damaged, essentially what you are doing is removing a small layer of metal and adding ultra thin groves into it so it doesn’t reflect as much.

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
This morning i gave to my girfrind my YACHTMASTER ROLESIUM for wearing it in her office because her datejust is to @JohnnyDepp for a movement service.
She returned this evening with all the middle part of the clasp scratched....
So i had to polish the middle link with the same machine for the brushing by using a different polish disk.
That's before
That's afterI will never give to my girlfriend my watches....

Last edited:

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
Very informative and true post, to be able to do quality work on watches, one needs good (expensive) tools.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Great informative post.
The machine and discs are expensive, but can you share (or tell where to find) the information about?
RPM’s, what disc ecc.?

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Im dropping off my leather shoes for a GEN brush in a few minutes, its Saturday and all bets are off!!