• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Air king 116900 BP or JF?

D

d4m.test

What are your thoughts on the BP? Hows the braclet feel?

D

d4m.test

What are your thoughts on the BP? Hows the braclet feel?
Bracelet is neutral. It isn't bad and good. Clasp hasn't gen click as noob clasp. Link is not sharp but bracelet need oiling. My Bp arrived with bad size spring bars (1,5mm, not 1,8mm). I will buy JF bracelet and will it compare . Btw: case and dial built in is excellent. Only clasp is dissapointing for me.

D

d4m.test

Hmmmm.. Hard decision to make, seems that BP has the better dial but the JF has the better bracelet....

D

d4m.test

Hmmmm.. Hard decision to make, seems that BP has the better dial but the JF has the better bracelet....
Bracelet is easy to fix. You can try to say your TD: I would like bp case with jf bracelet :D

D

d4m.test

Bracelet oiled, sel fit fixed but I can't live without gen click....

D

d4m.test

9f2c17c63da278b45447e2b0db1741e6.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

So i have decided to go with the BP, had to reject the first watch qc because of a printing issue on 5 in the 50 on the dial but the new one looks all good so hopefully wont be too long for it to arrive :)

Jcar

Known Member
4/10/15
Whoa. I missed this watch - It just came out of left field for me. I thought I was stuck on the grey dial Oyster.... game changer think I'm buying this.

JF require an immediate service?

GWT#1

Renowned Member
1/4/12
Where the bluegrass sways!
Whoa. I missed this watch - It just came out of left field for me. I thought I was stuck on the grey dial Oyster.... game changer think I'm buying this.

JF require an immediate service?
No they don’t either way I would use it if it acts up or wait about 1yr and have service done. Why service if running in specs?

They are as good in my opinion as the clone 2824’s and so on to this train of thinking all reps would need serviced immediately? Wear it in good health and service when needed!

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Anyone else received one of these? I still can't make up my mind on which version to get after doing some research. I have very good experience with JF in general, so I might just go for that option. I've never seen a decent BP rep so far.

Reactions: electric

financialaid2014

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/8/15
CONUS
Anyone else received one of these? I still can't make up my mind on which version to get after doing some research. I have very good experience with JF in general, so I might just go for that option. I've never seen a decent BP rep so far.

Via pictures I really do think the BP watch head is far superior to JF but the JF clasp is better.

I emailed Ryan at InTime and he let me know I can’t order BP head wirh JF bracelet so I either buy both and hope to sell the JF head with BP bracelet for some money or spend 650+ on the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sogg

I have the BP version, Everyone says the JF clasp is better, I dont have a JF bracelet to compare to, but i think my BP clasp is fine, i dont have any issues with it. To me the obvious 4 & 5 issue with JF and Noob dials is more of an issue than a clasp.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Thank you for your replies! God I hate to make compromise in this hobby all the time..Can't they just get one watch right?!
The dial is definitely a more obvious flaw, so BP would be the way to go then. But every single BP watch I had so far "felt" like a rep and JF watches were always very solid and well made. It's been 3 years since my last BP watch - do they make them any better now?

establish

Horology Curious
11/3/18
Thank you for your replies! God I hate to make compromise in this hobby all the time..Can't they just get one watch right?!
The dial is definitely a more obvious flaw, so BP would be the way to go then. But every single BP watch I had so far "felt" like a rep and JF watches were always very solid and well made. It's been 3 years since my last BP watch - do they make them any better now?

I've been looking at the air king for a while now. I'm going to wait until after Baselworld to see if anything nice gets released (at which point I'd buy something else), but if nothing catches my eye, I'll be getting two air kings. One BP, one JF. Swap the dials, and wear the JF with the BP dial and sell the other one for cheap or keep it for parts. Maybe worth considering if you want the best possible rep.

LwieLite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/16
Are there new insights? Can't decide beteween JF and BP. Is the JF dial really this bad and obvious? Do you guys think there will be a new version within the next months of this watch? Really like the Air King, but I can't decide right now- it feels like owners of BP and JF are BOTH happy with it?!

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Didn’t someone compare the two JF and GEN? I thought the only difference were the hues of yellow and green

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LwieLite

24/3/16
electric Haven’t found anything in this direction- do you have more information? On the pics of the jf Version I couldn’t see if the Rolex Logo is 3D like the gen, could some owner of the jf Version verify this? And I think the numbers „5“ are off again, but not sure about this!

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
BP is better choice.
In my view JF is totally inaccurate.
someone who knows AirKing dial could spot JF fake from the distance.

Reactions: Tete and vcappp

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
BP is better choice.
In my view JF is totally inaccurate.
someone who knows AirKing dial could spot JF fake from the distance.
I agree.
Jf lugs are off, dial numbers 4 and 5 too...

Reactions: Tete

LwieLite

24/3/16
LaPavel would you say the BP Version is close to gen? Or would you guys prefer to wait for the next batch?