• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Where I can buy gen parts??

Well, this is not a sales section and I don’t want to push anything. I can just tell you that I can source some of these parts (even correct crystals -not these Submariner crystals with wrong part number and different gasket)

Prices I have been offered lately:
Rhodium dial blistered 1.250€
Rhodium hand set w/ blue second hand 275€
Correct blistered YM crystal 290€
Never asked for bezels but could imagine it’s not worth changing them and rather do a spongebob mod.

However Raddave, if I’m not allowed to share this here, please delete this post.

Thanks

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
[h=2]Navigating the Yachtmaster 116621 / 116623 Brown Rose Gold[/h] I’m bringing this post into this one since I didn’t see it earlier. Need some feedback...This one is on my short list to buy. I’ve seen some reviews of the VSF versions and a little hesitant. I’ve looked at D1F, VRF, GMF, and ARF. I couldn’t find a NOOB version. I think the D1F looks the best. What is the consensus of anyone that has one? Any help with the least amount of tell would be appreciated. Dial and font color, bezel font, and gold color would be the biggest issue with me.

https://puretimewatch.io/yacht-maste...let-a2836.htmli

Don’t get this one. I do have the gen one (had the choice between chocolate and black dial) and this one seems not worth the Money. I would also recommend a 3135 based clone

b940e4e0d5c5de002d13d6475a065c07.jpg

0b57f6e288522636996584ffea76d543.jpg

lytnin

WTB ZF IWC Tourbillon Rose/White or Grey/Leather
22/1/19
Villa on the Hill
Thanks for the advice...can you direct me to one that is a good rep? I’ve been reading on it so much and don’t want to default to the NWBIG grey dial. Although, it is one I’m looking at. How is this model? The movement I can replace at a later date; I wanted something with the least amount of external tells.
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=19348

Don’t get this one. I do have the gen one (had the choice between chocolate and black dial) and this one seems not worth the Money. I would also recommend a 3135 based clone

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Thanks for the advice...can you direct me to one that is a good rep? I’ve been reading on it so much and don’t want to default to the NWBIG grey dial. Although, it is one I’m looking at. How is this model? The movement I can replace at a later date; I wanted something with the least amount of external tells.
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_10&products_id=19348

The GMF one is the better choice imo. I had a GMF GMTs 126711 long time ago and the Roségold was really nice compared to gen color tone. I did also have the GMF 126331 Roségold which had a pretty nice jubilee wrapped bracelet. So all in all I’m a GMF fan if it comes to Roségold models. However, I would always recommend to go with the wrapped GMF bracelets instead of the plated. It’s worth the extra money and they don’t show fading like the arf ones do after a certain time.

Bear in mind, you can’t change a 2836 movement to 3135 without significant mods on the case etc. So rather get a 3135 directly.

And: forget the dials. None of the chocolate ones is even close to gen imo. I would either recommend the black one or get a gen dial and replace the rep. But then you have a nice watch imo. My DJ41 GMF hat a chocolate dial and it was ridiculous. Replaced it by gen and had also the arf one. Best for sure was gen, second was arf, third GMF. Probably the cheapest way would be a combination of arf 116621 and GMF 116621

Reactions: lytnin

mew

18/12/15
Germany
I'm about to start a Franken project and am wondering, has anyone ever tried to switch on a Gen bezel to a 116622 Noob YM?

I've seen dial, hands, date and xtal switches. Are bezel switches possible too?

Sent from my SM-G9810 using Tapatalk

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
I'm about to start a Franken project and am wondering, has anyone ever tried to switch on a Gen bezel to a 116622 Noob YM?

I've seen dial, hands, date and xtal switches. Are bezel switches possible too?

Sent from my SM-G9810 using Tapatalk

I have same question only I would like to know if a gen bezel xtal will be a straight fit on the ARF 116622 case?

Sent from the RWI App

God of rolex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/21
Is the blue yachtmaster gen?Or from what factory?

Reactions: Razorig2

Explorer123

14/2/21
I’m after the YM 116622 Rodium.

After reading most of this thread and jumping between noob and arf I’ve finally come to a decision to go for the arf hope it’s a good decision on my part I’ve read already it’s what rep flaws you can live with and for me the dial and font crispness of the arf done it for me I’ll probably have to change the gmf but that I’ll decide once I have it in hand also been in touch with Tom for bezel mod and waiting for a reply.

Thanks guys for making my decision easier hoping it’s the right one.

Reactions: masterpiece777

DrPepsi

Looking Around
31/5/19
I’m after the YM 116622 Rodium.

After reading most of this thread and jumping between noob and arf I’ve finally come to a decision to go for the arf hope it’s a good decision on my part I’ve read already it’s what rep flaws you can live with and for me the dial and font crispness of the arf done it for me I’ll probably have to change the gmf but that I’ll decide once I have it in hand also been in touch with Tom for bezel mod and waiting for a reply.

Thanks guys for making my decision easier hoping it’s the right one.

I'm in a similar situation, I have fallen for the 116622 but after reading all that bulk of information about the versions I feel less confident in making the right decision. It's like the more information I have, the less sure I get. There has been pics about the newer ARF YM not needing the Tomrep bezel mod, but I haven't seen a definite answer on that.... But sometimes I think I'm a bit blind to the differences since it took me months to notice my Explorer II had the incorrect hand stack, so maybe it doesn't even really matter which version I get

Explorer123

14/2/21
Trying to source the gmf hands for the YM116622 can anyone please provide me with a link to who would have it tried as many td’s but no luck so far

thediesel17

Iron Man
7/7/19
I'm in a similar situation, I have fallen for the 116622 but after reading all that bulk of information about the versions I feel less confident in making the right decision. It's like the more information I have, the less sure I get. There has been pics about the newer ARF YM not needing the Tomrep bezel mod, but I haven't seen a definite answer on that.... But sometimes I think I'm a bit blind to the differences since it took me months to notice my Explorer II had the incorrect hand stack, so maybe it doesn't even really matter which version I get

if you want to have a closer to gen experience, people here tend to go for the TomRep bezel, no matter the version of ARF.
all factories have flaws, if it’s noob, ARF or others..
me for my part, I’d tend to go with ARF since the dial and lengths of the hands is better and usually prefer having better haptics in terms of bracelet. Noob has the advantage when it comes to the movements and usually seems to have better SELs.
In the end, go for what you can live best with and don’t look back (until a new version comes out haha)

Reactions: DrPepsi

DrPepsi

Looking Around
31/5/19
if you want to have a closer to gen experience, people here tend to go for the TomRep bezel, no matter the version of ARF.
all factories have flaws, if it’s noob, ARF or others..
me for my part, I’d tend to go with ARF since the dial and lengths of the hands is better and usually prefer having better haptics in terms of bracelet. Noob has the advantage when it comes to the movements and usually seems to have better SELs.
In the end, go for what you can live best with and don’t look back (until a new version comes out haha)

Yeah, I realize every factory is going to have flaws. It just feels like if you have 2 factories and 2 people you will end up with 20 different opinions on it. Ive had some really bad experiences with GMT noob movements, but then a non GMT movement is probably a lot easier to build. But yeah good chance I will spring for the ARF, it's a beautiful watch

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
Does anyone know if the TDs can get replacement Yatchmaster bezels? I have a BP 116622 and my modder has damaged the bezel so need to get another one! Any other options?

Last edited:

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Does anyone know if the TDs can get replacement Yatchmaster bezels? I have a BP 116622 and my modder has damaged the bezel so need to get another one! Any other options?

Ask to ur td pusher. Some factories sel spare parts, most of them don't.

Explorer123

14/2/21
It depends on movement. Gmf second hand doesn't fit the A2824

Ah ok wasn’t aware of that thanks.

Im going for the ARF with the A2824 so would you or anyone now which second hand I could get or is the one with the arf close enough ?

Ive had a word with Tom from Germany and he told me to get the gmf one for A2824.

A link would be much appreciated if anyone could suggest one.

Saturns

Known Member
3/6/20
News from Eric that ARF will release new 116622 in coming months...!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI