• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MG83 View Post
    Which version is that mate?

Comment

Comment

We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
        GMT Movements Explained
        BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
        Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
        The Fantasy Watch Thread
        Noob GMT's poor bezel design
        Ceramic insert paint mod
        GMF releases 3186 GMTs

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
          Super nice. Is this ARF or NOOB?

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
            Seeing thins makes want to do the dial swap. I know it wouldn’t be oem. But....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

are there any comparison pictures between the out of box noob bezel vs the tomprep bezel mod? Cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ucool22 View Post

Super nice. Is this ARF or NOOB?
                Stock Noob bro, 2824 316L. One of my fav's. Two years old, looks like the day I got it.
                We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                GMT Movements Explained
                BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                The Fantasy Watch Thread
                Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                Ceramic insert paint mod
                GMF releases 3186 GMTs

Comment

Originally posted by ucool22 View Post
                  are there any comparison pictures between the out of box noob bezel vs the tomprep bezel mod? Cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks
                  You don’t need any comparisons This is one of the “must have” mods and Tom is one of the best in the business. The ootb Noob looks nothing like gen in the sandblasted areas of the insert. That’s where this platinum paint mod helps. If you haven’t, just get it done. This will take your YM to the next level (given the bezel is such an important personality of this model).

Here is a pic of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Shany View Post

Which version is that mate?
                    Arf with Tom mod

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post

You don’t need any comparisons This is one of the “must have” mods and Tom is one of the best in the business. The ootb Noob looks nothing like gen in the sandblasted areas of the insert. That’s where this platinum paint mod helps. If you haven’t, just get it done. This will take your YM to the next level (given the bezel is such an important personality of this model).

Here is a pic of mine.
                      when did thomas sandblast this one?
                      Last edited by thediesel17; 30-03-20, 10:25.

Comment

Originally posted by thediesel17 View Post

when did thomas sandblast this one?
                        About 3 to 4 weeks back. Mail took a bit longer, but I got it finally.

Comment

interesting, looks a bit lighter than the one he made for me 6 weeks ago (but could be the light as well)

do you know if he managed to change back his electrolyte material? he told me that the one he used initially cannot be sourced any longer, therefore the new one makes the bezel look more stealth/darker in certain lightings..

Comment

interesting, looks a bit lighter than the one he made for me 6 weeks ago (but could be the light as well)

do you know if he managed to change back his electrolyte material? he told me that the one he used initially cannot be sourced any longer, therefore the new one makes the bezel look more stealth/darker in certain lightings..
                            As you know - The sandblasted platinum paint shine/color is very dependent and sensitive to lighting conditions. Depending on light, it goes from a dark shade (almost seems like nothing is present) to very sand sparkle like shine in bright light. I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that his new electrolyte is a shade darker. Also keep in mind, gen platinum puts on a patina with time and metal does look a bit darker.

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post

As you know - The sandblasted platinum paint shine/color is very dependent and sensitive to lighting conditions. Depending on light, it goes from a dark shade (almost seems like nothing is present) to very sand sparkle like shine in bright light. I wouldn't worry too much about the fact that his new electrolyte is a shade darker. Also keep in mind, gen platinum puts on a patina with time and metal does look a bit darker.
                              yes I know, it’s not a problem at all, I actually prefer it being a bit darker as it separates case and bezel a bit better..
                              on the picture the bezel just looked that tad brighter than I’ve seen mine so far, so I was wondering if he managed to source his old electrolyte again

Comment

yes I know, it’s not a problem at all, I actually prefer it being a bit darker as it separates case and bezel a bit better..
                                on the picture the bezel just looked that tad brighter than I’ve seen mine so far, so I was wondering if he managed to source his old electrolyte again
                                Personally, I like it darker too just like the gen. The shade Tom used on mine is a bit too light.

Comment

Working...
                                X