• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which 1680 to go after???

Mendota

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/08
MN
If you want it to be accurate, then don't worry about lume. A gen would not have any luminescence after all of this time. In fact, glowing lume would be a tell.

If you want it to be functional, then of course knock yourself out. Since it is a rep you can do whatever you want. :)

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
If you want it to be accurate, then don't worry about lume. A gen would not have any luminescence after all of this time. In fact, glowing lume would be a tell.

If you want it to be functional, then of course knock yourself out. Since it is a rep you can do whatever you want. :)

You couldnt be more accurate in your suggestion...

The problem starts because i m a Lume Lover...

Anyone tried Trevor's or Mark's version Lume on these vintages?

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Guys one final question before i pull the trigger...

Which (plexi and total watch) thickness is more accurate?

The 15, or 17,8 mm?

BlackSealPanerai

1/1/13
One thing I am particular is the "SWISS - T < 25". I saw many gens of different mk's the '-' is always perpendicular on top of the 30 sec mark. Some I saw which said to be 1:1, best version I see the last 'S" in SWISS on top of the 30 sec mark.

I like the one you showed from TSWatch, but dial looks like mkvi with closed 6 on dial which seemed to be from 1973/74 but with 7206 bracelet which seemed to be from the late 60s . I believe it should be the 9315 or 93150. That can just be an easy swap with a 9315 bracelet though. I'm still hoping to find dials of earlier mk with 7206 riveted bracelet.. somehow I drifted away to interest in 1675 that I stop searching..

All above are just my findings. Appreciate any expert to correct me if I have been misled by my own findings.. :)

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
My Puretime version has the "-" just to the right of center above the 30 second mark. So not directly above it in a perfectly straight line, but above it and just shifted to the right a hair. So it is virtually spot on with the gen dials I have seen and highly accurate.

That said, you have to keep in mind that in real life this print is so unbelievably tiny that you cannot even see it holding the watch up to your eye. That's how freaking tiny this is.

These macro pics that we all look at are unbelievably deceiving. It will blow your mind seeing it in real life. We think these flaws are glaringly obvious, but holy sh*t. When you actually look at it with your naked eye you can't see a f*cking thing. And I am not just saying that because I have 41 year old eyes. You honestly can barely even see this print. You have to hold the damned thing super close to your eye and even then it is as tiny as Tinkerbell's nipple.

Redxds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/13
And if you purchased any of these versions and wanted to get the most accurate rep dial avail? Again out of any version? Yuki, NDT, Phong...?

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

BlackSealPanerai

1/1/13
Hahaha I would love to see Tinkerbell's nipples hahaha. You have a wicked sense of humour..

Yeah I do agree on the prints are really darn small that usually only when hold up close that one can see the details.. That's also why I'm slowly telling myself to be less peculiar.. I'm trying though.

My Puretime version has the "-" just to the right of center above the 30 second mark. So not directly above it in a perfectly straight line, but above it and just shifted to the right a hair. So it is virtually spot on with the gen dials I have seen and highly accurate.

That said, you have to keep in mind that in real life this print is so unbelievably tiny that you cannot even see it holding the watch up to your eye. That's how freaking tiny this is.

These macro pics that we all look at are unbelievably deceiving. It will blow your mind seeing it in real life. We think these flaws are glaringly obvious, but holy sh*t. When you actually look at it with your naked eye you can't see a f*cking thing. And I am not just saying that because I have 41 year old eyes. You honestly can barely even see this print. You have to hold the damned thing super close to your eye and even then it is as tiny as Tinkerbell's nipple.

roro6263

Renowned Member
6/7/11
BlackSealPanerai ,

Thanks buddy, i had visited this site several time in the past, BUT never gave any attention to this.

Thanks for giving me the light bro, i know now it refers to the dial engravement, i thought is was about the datewheel...

I m problably going for PT version on RED Sub, with the white markers and not the yellow ones, as i ve read they look fakely yellow.

I ll probably ask Ryan if he can source me the PT Red edition, because in his site, he has only the White Vintage Sub listed....

I thought Trevor had also the PT edition, but obviously has the Cartel one.

I was just intrigued, by the Lume, that Trevor's, and Timesshop's Red Sub had.

Hi all,

I've read with the greatest interest these 3 pages and I thank you.
GeDi, I already asked to Ryan and he answered that he cannot source the Red edition.

I'll probably buy from Angus and ask him a 93150 bracelet with 580 end links as suggested Mendota but I saw here in another thread, that between the lugs, it was marked as 5513 on the Angus model. :bored: Can you confirm ?

Thanks in advance.

Bye

roro6263

Renowned Member
6/7/11
Hi,

I'm always looking for my holy grail and this morning I noticed the price difference between Angus, Trevor and Andrew on the "same" model with an ETA movement! :err:

Trevor

90oora.jpg

Angus

2pyxgu1.jpg

Andrew

2nuksw7.jpg

I did not take care of this, previously.

Thanks for reading.

Have a nice day.

arcadia

11/8/11
By the way, going a bit off topic, who has the best 93150 rep bracelet? Mixed mbw?

Redxds

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/3/13
By the way, going a bit off topic, who has the best 93150 rep bracelet? Mixed mbw?

Good question..Rob put my nose on Yuki. I ordered what was suppose to be a 93150 and received a 93250 with a fliplock that had a hole in it, and sharp enough to cut my wife's steak. I contacted them about both and Yuki thanked me for showing the photo of the clasp (no replacement offered) and basically said they are actively seeking a suitable 93150. Rob also linked me to Angus who has them (cartel?) for $50. And I hear there pretty decent only needing a gen clasp. Oh and BTW the Yuki 93250 bracelet itself is very nice IMHO. I picked up a secondhand Cartel with a replacement clasp and shipped it along with the watch to PBdad.

Sent Via Tapatalk HD

Mendota

16/10/08
MN
Roro, they are not the same watch. They are different cases and each has its strengths and weaknesses.

Rearding the 93150, I am very happy with mine from Angus. It has almost no stretch after 2 years of daily wear, and the best partis the link edges are smooth. I can carve wood with the edges of my Explorer 1 bracelet, but this one is really nice.

roro6263

Renowned Member
6/7/11
Thank you Mendota for that.
I've asked to Angus if he could source a 93150 bracelet with 580 endlinks and I'm waiting for his response.
By cons, in the same time I'd emailed to Josh about this watch
http://www.p-cls.com/0rlsv01005-vintage-1680-asia-2836-best-p-9551.html
which seems to have has this bracelet delivered automatically with the watch, but I wanted to know if it was well marked as 1680 between lugs and here is his answer below.
2wcjlzm.jpg

He doesn't know :goat:

Thanks again and have a good week.:thumbsup:

GeDi

Renowned Member
5/2/13
Hi roro,

Ryan told me he can source the specific watch. Red sub

arcadia

11/8/11
Maybe he thought you were asking for the whole dial to be red? :D: