• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
It's not clear to me if they're using a gen case or not? I hope so as I don't like the lugs of the noob. The fitment of the SEL's to the lugs just isn't good on the noob imo.
So fingers crossed that clean is able to make this like their sub/gmt offerings concerning the lugs/sel's.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
It's not clear to me if they're using a gen case or not? I hope so as I don't like the lugs of the noob. The fitment of the SEL's to the lugs just isn't good on the noob imo.
So fingers crossed that clean is able to make this like their sub/gmt offerings concerning the lugs/sel's.

Who knows but since is just an early prototype im certain that there would be compared to what we can see rn. None the less exciting stuff looks like clean were the ones to bite the bullet to make the whole agreement. I hope they can make good products.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
I am a bit skeptical the movement will be good as a noob 4130 in a VSF.

Hopefully, it won't be a time bomb movement.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I am a bit skeptical the movement will be good as a noob 4130 in a VSF.

Hopefully, it won't be a time bomb movement.

If they are working from the exact same design plans as the existing 4130, then there shouldn't be any obvious reason why the movement wound be a time bomb. Only reason would be quality of the materials used. But hopefully the factory making the movement will make it decent enough quality.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Maybe the way to get around future raids, is to have movements with no engraving of the name of the gen watch company and a homage dial made by the rep factory.

Factory sends that watch to a TD who has dials with the name of the gen watch company and TD sends the dial and watch with homage dial to the customer who has his watch smith install the dial with gen watch name on it. Sounds far fetched but it would certainly get around potential raids on factories in the future.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Maybe the way to get around future raids, is to have movements with no engraving of the name of the gen watch company and a homage dial made by the rep factory.

Factory sends that watch to a TD who has dials with the name of the gen watch company and TD sends the dial and watch with homage dial to the customer who has his watch smith install the dial with gen watch name on it. Sounds far fetched but it would certainly get around potential raids on factories in the future.

Yup, that seems to be the general thought of a few here, protects the movement factory by staying semi legit.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Yup, that seems to be the general thought of a few here, protects the movement factory by staying semi legit.

I doubt the folks who raid the factories in China would get fussed about the Rolex logo on the crown and bracelet.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

Honestly tho, who cares whether or not the movement is engraved or not. It’s a closed case back watch. As long as it’s a clone with identical specs and can accept Gen parts they can write FAKEY MCFAKERTON on it for all I care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
I doubt the folks who raid the factories in China would get fussed about the Rolex logo on the crown and bracelet.

The folks being government agency law enforcement who are being lobbied and pressured by big watch companies to do something about the counterfeit markets? I think the Rolex logo on the movements is one of the main reaons for the raid. Otherwise the factory would have been producing a movement the patent for which expired, so would have been doing nothing illegal.

RainbowNato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/21
The most plausible explanation I can come up with is that some people bought a gen from AD and got scammed with a VSF or Noob or whatever. Some of these guys that got scammed might have been sons/daughters of the political elite and got their parents to pull strings to f some of the factories up.

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
From WeChat dealer.
j6ueq4.jpg
j6uLZj.jpg

According to a dealer in china. Clean has come up with 4130 dials and bought rough version of 4130 movement. The version they purchased will not have engravings out of the box and will not be as "properly assembled" as the noob ones thus rotor will be louder. Expected date is Q2 2022. Probably in May.

Yes cleanfactory is producing a daytona, but some info this seller said are false.

1. They will release some models in this December, not next year.
2. They have the movement exact same as the Noob factory SA4130 with engraving too.

Last edited:

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Yes cleanfactory is producing a daytona, but some info this seller said are false.

1. They will release some models in this December, not next year.
2. They have the movement exact same as the Noob factory SA4130 with engraving too.

Good news!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

JTSWE

19/2/17
Heard that Jtime is getting pictures first before all others

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI