• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Guys, I've out of the loop for some time. My TD just told me VSF has new Sub 116610 LV and LN. As in updated? Anyone can confirm?

Thanks!

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Its not purely about the darkness or colour. Its about how the sunburst ray shines in the sunlight. The bow in the past was incorrect and an immediate tell that the dial was a rep.

This one might look better but hard to tell unless there are other pictures at different angles. That was the biggest flaw of the Hulk VSF dials
Thank you for answering the question I kept asking myself ... Posting pics of my gen hulk in the am for comparison. Was getting excited about the new VSF Hulk but may have to wait!

Last edited:

carlosl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/6/18
Is the 114060 black/black no date vsf still available to be purchased from TD's?

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Looking forward to your pictures once you have it in hand and are able to take some shots in direct sunlight! Congratulations!!!

Reactions: peterpl and Fervid

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I believe they've updated the dial and case of the current 116610's yes, Hulk dials are a bit darker and the serial now begins with 'K25'

My recent accepted QC;

The only way to tell is pictures in direct sunlight at multiple angles. Then pay close attention to the sunburst bowing effect of the dial. If there is a bow or half moon kind of sunburst its incorrect. The gen hulk dial doesnt do that.

Reactions: Uhr70

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
^ Based off those I think the bowing has been improved. Its not as bad as it used to be that's for sure. I'm still not convinced with the shade of green in the sun. It still doesn't look right to me and its too bright especially where the light hits and the sunburst - i feel that shade is off.

When did you get that watch?

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
Thank you for posting the pictures. As soon as the sun comes up I’ll post pictures of my gen, see what you guys think. I don’t know though, it seems to be less pronounced but still there.

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Yeah, please do! I was standing directly UNDER the sun and facing the dial towards the direction of the sun, not trying to hide or make the VSF look any darker than it should be on a sunny day :)

Reactions: Uhr70

Icann32

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/17
Conus
Hi,

Just received QC pics from my TD. Does there appear to be a gap at the bottom right by the lugs, or is this normal? Should I ask for other pictures? Thank you in advance!