• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
Hey there,

I got my first round of QC's just now and saw that the timegrapher result are somewhat high. Everything else is excellent in the QC, but the angle and amplitude is a bit high?
I've requested to get some pics of the movement with balance and main spring in focus just because of this.

There was some other bloke that had the same kind of measurements from a VS126610, with high amplitude as well.

Can anybody shed some light over these readings?
jtCwjE.png

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hey there,

I got my first round of QC's just now and saw that the timegrapher result are somewhat high. Everything else is excellent in the QC, but the angle and amplitude is a bit high?
I've requested to get some pics of the movement with balance and main spring in focus just because of this.

There was some other bloke that had the same kind of measurements from a VS126610, with high amplitude as well.

jtCwjE.png

I don't quite understand angle and amplitudes so I can't say what's right or wrong, but I know +/- 0s/d is as good as it gets.

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
I don't quite understand angle and amplitudes so I can't say what's right or wrong, but I know +/- 0s/d is as good as it gets.

Yeah... what I need to understand is, if the amplitude would be around 270 if adjusted to lift angle 55. Now it seems like the angle is 59, if I am not mistaken? I do not read mandarin so I could not say for sure....
So, if anybody got more insight please do share!

Last edited:

jlish983

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Looking for a submariner rep for Christmas. LMK if anybody would like to sell. In US

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jlish983

Horology Curious
14/12/21
Looking for a nice submariner rep for Christmas. Lmk if anyone is willing to sell. In US. Thanks

Mb713

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/11/21
Hey there,

jtCwjE.png

From my understanding, a high amplitude is excellent! The stats this watch are Gen figures

Mb713

21/11/21
I didn’t even receive my Clean Sub and I’m already planning on selling it and getting myself one of these. Any takers? Lol

Mb713

21/11/21

What are you referring to?

If you mean the lettering is inconsistent sizes and heights and the spacing is all over the place then that's how it should be.

On some forums, I’ve people think my Gen is a rep. Some just try to point out inconsistencies where there aren’t. Obviously this picture is not very clear, although I can assure you it’s a Gen. bought new from an AD, yet still manage to point out faults until I tell them it’s a gen.

Mb713

21/11/21
I compared my S29 VSF 116610 vs my friends genuine 116610 2015 and the clasp on my VSF sub ( 1Ld ARF bracelet !) had much better finished/looking ROLEX crown on the clasp.

The genuine clasps crown is not as much polished as the ARF clasp. AND at the endlinks the ARF is almost better fitting than the genuine.

Also on the genuine clasp the sides of the clasp is very sharp compared to the VSF/ARF clasp. But again is feels nicer with the more smooth feling on the rep clasps.

And why is everyone thinking that the VSF bracelet is so good when the ARF ( with 1LD printed!) is way better finished/fitted

The VSF:s I bought on two 116610 subs had been way worse than the ARF clasp 6SH printed. Not so tight at the endlinks to the case!

And an other thing that is easy to see that VSF is a replica is the sanding on the top of the case (top of the lugs!) where the genuine is better finished than the VSF case. Easy tell there!

But the VSF is still the best 116610Ln sub up to date:)
Scratch it up a little by making it look worn and problem solved ????

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Its is “wonky” on gen, the O is visibly larger than the f, and the spacing are also inconsistent towards the end “FIED” plus u r using a lower resolution qc pic, theres some bleeding on the font. Relax

This is my gen 2020 124060, where is this “wonkiness”?
aedf6297dc069964f87e4b80e4c53886.jpg

Reactions: Mb713

RainbowNato

30/11/21
With the text "wonkiness", you either see it or you don't. If you are convinced on one point of view, no one can convince you otherwise. The main point is that - it's not a big deal.

Reactions: Doc.77

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
With the text "wonkiness", you either see it or you don't. If you are convinced on one point of view, no one can convince you otherwise. The main point is that - it's not a big deal.

If I read correctly it was very specific, thanks for your vague insight newbie.

RainbowNato

30/11/21
If I read correctly it was very specific, thanks for your vague insight newbie.

If I told you I see exactly the "O" and the "FIED" wonkiness mentioned previously, would you have believed me? No. So what's the point?

Reactions: Doc.77

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

On some forums, I’ve people think my Gen is a rep. Some just try to point out inconsistencies where there aren’t. Obviously this picture is not very clear, although I can assure you it’s a Gen. bought new from an AD, yet still manage to point out faults until I tell them it’s a gen.

I can tell it’s gen, the perfectly spaced letters in your rehaut told me (and the correct crown guards with which only gen and VSF have).

Reactions: enduser and Mb713

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Show this to the doubters, this is how I can identify your watch is genuine.

.Rehaut: Every letter in the rehaut is spaced correctly and near perfectly above a minute marker. Each R and X is in the correct position when it should above an indice (respectively) marked red. The serial number characters sit perfectly between the minute markers around 6 o'clock, marked green. Replica rehauts do not line up consistently like this.

.Crown guards: See the nice (almost horizontal) right angle on the tip of the crown guards? All rep Subs all have a rounded edge on the corner here that only VSF ever got right to date as far as I know.

.Hands. That is a nice 3d hand, so you either modded a rep with gen hands, or it's an ARF (which is isn't) or it's genuine. It's genuine.