• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EWF 36mm new explorer 1

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I dunno, to my eyes the dial looks pretty spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I meant the minute markers look short, or the case rehaut isn't correct, as the photos on the rolex site look like the markers extend almost to the edge of the rehaut.
Screenshot-20210827-155823-Samsung-Internet.jpg

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
Here is a little gif taken from the the photos added above. Think the 9 looks pretty much on point.

The rep 9 looks better. no joke, Im a Typographer by trade the gen has an indent on the curl that comes down, this is only used on fonts that are printed on paper, so ink has space to bleed...

Then again Rolex have the worst designers ever, just look at the Rolex logo the space between the RO-LEX to much space on the right of the O

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
Here is a little gif taken from the the photos added above. Think the 9 looks pretty much on point.

Ah ok, I think I see what you’re saying. Well, hopefully it’s just a case of studio photo vs digital rendering. We’ll just have to wait and see real time pics of both (which could be while I bet).

I’m also interested in a more knowledgeable person than myself to chime in on the choice of movement.

Malusd

Horology Curious
18/8/20
I have the 39mm version by BP on my wrist right now. And (of course I know it's there but) I can see the "gen shape" 9. I hope on 36mm it's less noticeable.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
I have the 39mm version by BP on my wrist right now. And (of course I know it's there but) I can see the "gen shape" 9. I hope on 36mm it's less noticeable.

you can only see it if you have seen macro shots of the gen, most gen owners wont know what it looks like.

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
I placed an order for a Tudor BB36 since February and there is still no sign that KRF will make one. So I have asked my TD to get this one instead.

I will post the QC photos once I got it.

Reactions: emameme and tedit

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Anyone knows if the thickness is like gen?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I think although its 36mm, it wont look too small because there isnt a rotating bezel taking up space.. hmmmm

BenneBoii

Horology Curious
30/8/20
Placed my order with Andrew at TrustTime on the release day. Asked him if he believed it to be the same case as their OP36 and he said they may be using the same caseset. Guess we'll see when QC come in.

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
Yeah, the hands look incorrect for sure. Everything else looks like I could live with it. Hopefully EWF or some other factory improves the hands.

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Yeah, the hands look incorrect for sure. Everything else looks like I could live with it. Hopefully EWF or some other factory improves the hands.

Yep, the hands are maxi hands, min hand very thick... and just ordered it..

Reactions: wmass