• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has 1:1 RM watches? ADVICE?

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
What i meant is whats best model to get closest to 1:1 . Maybe the qustion was a off by a little but for example model of rm which is best model to get cloest to 1:1

I'll pass one bit of wisdom along....there is no 1:1 replica of a 100k+ watch you can buy for under a grand. There's close versions, but none will pass a close inspection. Also avoid buying from ABD (non trusted modding group in China) as they are rip off artists and have scammed a number of members here and been banned. . There, that's two.

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08
50 bucks says this dude is gonna flash it around try to pass it off as a gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: kavorca1

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
50 bucks says this dude is gonna flash it around try to pass it off as a gen.

Whenever someone asks about 1:1 watches and those “closest to gen”, you can be sure that’s the intention.
When called out on this, almost 100% of the guys will deny this vehemently but questions of that nature tend to say more about the guy asking them than said guy will ever admit even at gunpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Whenever someone asks about 1:1 watches and those “closest to gen”, you can be sure that’s the intention.
When called out on this, almost 100% of the guys will deny this vehemently but questions of that nature tend to say more about the guy asking them than said guy will ever admit even at gunpoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

someone once asked me if my watch is real.

I said "this piece of shit? yours for $20. PayPal gift - no notes"

Reactions: mpx and P..DR..D

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What i meant is whats best model to get closest to 1:1 . Maybe the qustion was a off by a little but for example model of rm which is best model to get cloest to 1:1

That question is not off by a little. It’s like the similarity between a chicken and a rhinosaurus.

You should modify your question, by removing “1:1”, “best model”, and ask “what’s the current best choice for a replica RM under $1000?”

You will still get roasted (because the information is readily available in the RM section, I just took a quick peek there before replying you,) but less so. Why don’t you clarify why you are looking for a “1:1 model” and why’re you not buying the gen which is the obvious choice for a 1:1 expectation?
Are you looking to pass it off as a gen?

Do some research and then ask your questions. You’re more likely to get proper help that way.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I hope you have a Ferrari and a 4 million dollar house to match your watch persona.... :thumbsup:

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
We're having a little fun with Livinlife12, but if the question is of thickness, the Ceramic ZF RM055 at 13.1mm comes close to the original's ~12.5mm.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

wertman1

Horology Curious
23/10/09
I found some 1:1 RMs but the only small issue is that the prices look 1:1 too.
Do you mind those?

Just a question. He’s new here. Why be a dick? I mean why??? Who cares just try and help. Forums should be inclusive. Is it that hard to help and answer his question and help him? He would be a member for life. Instead you turned him off. I just don’t get it. It’s called being a bully...grow up man.

Reactions: Livinlife12

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just a question. He’s new here. Why be a dick? I mean why??? Who cares just try and help. Forums should be inclusive. Is it that hard to help and answer his question and help him? He would be a member for life. Instead you turned him off. I just don’t get it. It’s called being a bully...grow up man.

You are entitled to your opinion, but lets just say that our definitions of being a dick and being a bully differ.

Reactions: Allure and kavorca1

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

You tell ‘em partner. It may have taken you 12 years but at least you are helping now. Ignore the meanies.

wertman1

Horology Curious
23/10/09
Like you, huh? 12 years membership and all you managed to collect is 1 post.
And now you bully me your a super moderator???? Who cares if I have not posted what does that even mean?? But this is how you treat people. No. I promise you. If you met me in person I would be the last person you would ever bully. I promise you that. There is not need though. Why not every member if they posted once or a thousand times be able to ask the same questions and get solid real answers? I just don’t get it.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And now you bully me your a super moderator???? Who cares if I have not posted what does that even mean?? But this is how you treat people. No. I promise you. If you met me in person I would be the last person you would ever bully. I promise you that. There is not need though. Why not every member if they posted once or a thousand times be able to ask the same questions and get solid real answers? I just don’t get it.

You done? You’d know the answers to all your questions if you spent a little time on here. I mean you had 12 years time after all.

And btw- I’ll tell you exactly the same in person, as you would say it, ‘i PrOmIsE yOu ThAt’.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
We see bullying in another way, we are not treating badly “new comers” we are treating badly a lazy person who is not only trying to get spoon fed, he also clearly didn’t read any information on new comers so he would understand terms and how things work on this forum, someone that just mentions words like 1:1 and gen like are the same people who are trying to pass of reps and gens, this is not what rwi is about and I (can’t talk for the others) really don’t want dumb people like this on the forum.

Reactions: kavorca1 and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Why not every member if they posted once or a thousand times be able to ask the same questions and get solid real answers? I just don’t get it.

Going to ignore the very weird and irrelevant comments about being bullied in real life and all lol. Totally out of place, like finding a dolphin in a flower garden.

I can answer that question I quoted though. It’s because most of the times, the answers to said questions can be found on the board already had one bothered to read, and you get the classic newbie ignorance where a new guy registers a new account, bypasses reading anything at all and creates a thread to ask about a “1:1 indistinguishable AAAA+++ super grade rep” which he would have known does not exist had he bothered to read even a little of the plethora of information accessible.

A person of even average intelligence and patience will get tired of these question types after the Nth time. That also explains why you cannot understand this fundamental logic and need to resort to name calling. There are guys who bring a knife to a gunfight and you’re the guy who’s charging into the middle of a shooting fest you’ve no skin in and trying to stop the bullets with your bare hands.

I get it that you’re trying to stand up for someone else but at least understand the whole picture in a smart way before you start calling names. I get it that doing anything smart may be an alien concept for you so let me put it simply for you in simple terms:

Don’t rush into traffic with eyes closed. That 18 tonne truck running you over won’t be bullying you. It’s called stupidity of the highest order.

Traffic 1. You 0. No matter how many times you do it. :legend:

wertman1

Horology Curious
23/10/09
Going to ignore the very weird and irrelevant comments about being bullied in real life and all lol. Totally out of place, like finding a dolphin in a flower garden.

I can answer that question I quoted though. It’s because most of the times, the answers to said questions can be found on the board already had one bothered to read, and you get the classic newbie ignorance where a new guy registers a new account, bypasses reading anything at all and creates a thread to ask about a “1:1 indistinguishable AAAA+++ super grade rep” which he would have known does not exist had he bothered to read even a little of the plethora of information accessible.

A person of even average intelligence and patience will get tired of these question types after the Nth time. That also explains why you cannot understand this fundamental logic and need to resort to name calling. There are guys who bring a knife to a gunfight and you’re the guy who’s charging into the middle of a shooting fest you’ve no skin in and trying to stop the bullets with your bare hands.

I get it that you’re trying to stand up for someone else but at least understand the whole picture in a smart way before you start calling names. I get it that doing anything smart may be an alien concept for you so let me put it simply for you in simple terms:

Don’t rush into traffic with eyes closed. That 18 tonne truck running you over won’t be bullying you. It’s called stupidity of the highest order.

Traffic 1. You 0. No matter how many times you do it. :legend:

I’m a reasonable person and your point is well taken. I understand I am sure who ever it was that was the OP was not ill intended. I read this forum a lot. Although I don’t post much I do read a lot. I was just stating what I feel. I know it’s annoying hearing the same question over and over. I just think we can treat people better especially newer people.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’m a reasonable person and your point is well taken. I understand I am sure who ever it was that was the OP was not ill intended. I read this forum a lot. Although I don’t post much I do read a lot. I was just stating what I feel. I know it’s annoying hearing the same question over and over. I just think we can treat people better especially newer people.

A reasonable person will not start off by calling another person a dick, a bully, or some derogatory terms without ascertaining the purpose of the response, and the nature of the initial question which started it. But no offence was taken.
You have no dog in this at all, so why not step back, read the thread from the beginning and see how it started or evolved? If you had read on, you would have seen my latter post to the OP.

That question is not off by a little. It’s like the similarity between a chicken and a rhinosaurus.

You should modify your question, by removing “1:1”, “best model”, and ask “what’s the current best choice for a replica RM under $1000?”

You will still get roasted (because the information is readily available in the RM section, I just took a quick peek there before replying you,) but less so. Why don’t you clarify why you are looking for a “1:1 model” and why’re you not buying the gen which is the obvious choice for a 1:1 expectation?
Are you looking to pass it off as a gen?

Do some research and then ask your questions. You’re more likely to get proper help that way.

I do not see how the above post makes me a bully. In fact, I think that my response to him in the above post, was a lot more reasonable than the one you posted calling me names. So lets not try to play the "I am a reasonable guy" card. Its like a guy stomping on a puppy and then saying "I am a dog lover". How much credibility is there? Reasonable guys engage with reason, not name-calling.

I have nothing against you, but if there is one takeaway I want you to have, it is that new guys should READ, when they first sign up, and not POST before reading. Reading enriches the new guy, helps him place the current offerings in the hobby, and helps him avoid asking redundant questions and getting treated like a rat in the kitchen. You mentioned that the forum is for helping and answering questions. True. But it is ironical that you failed to point out that at the point of this thread, the question asked by the OP has already been answered many times over. A good forum should also not be cluttered with redundant information and questions. You were focusing on 1 new guy and I am about the other few thousand who are already contributing members of this community. To me, the guys who stay on and contribute and help others, are worth a lot more than someone new who signs on to ask an ignorant question, and then possibly disappears thanklessly. So I hope you see the big picture. I agree with you regarding the key purpose of the forum, but lets also balance that with etiquette for new members. Does one approach a buffet table and then start ordering his own food ala carte without seeing what is available before him first?

So suppose you help this new guy out by patiently answering his question. And then another, and another who asks the exact same question. How much patience do you have? Even if its unlimited, do you not find the process inefficient and to put it bluntly, rather dumb? And suppose on the 36th time, you lose your patience with a new guy and blows him off, and someone else comes on and calls you a dick for doing so, what do you think? Take time to go through my history here, and see my posts toward others before calling me names again. I am not offended by the name calling per se, but it shows your attitude toward me and others here, and I think that it requires some adjustment. Nobody was bullying the OP, and certainly nobody was bullying you. You stepped into the fray on your own accord, and wondered why you were suddenly riddled with bullets. I do not consider that bullying.

If you are a reasonable guy like you said you are, this is the part you see what happened and you apologize and move on. Its completely optional of course, but don't call yourself a man of reason if you are the kind who is unreasonable with your words and seeks to defend your own actions with warped logic.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
People new to forums sometimes treat them as if it's just chat.
It's intended to be searched beforehand, the other is free style.
Some get offended and leave when this is pointed out to them, others stay, learn and eventually contribute.