• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EUR upcoming sapphire rm tourbillon

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Before looking the machine up, I would have thought EDM machine would be used to reduce the breaking a lot, but it seems this is "just" a very high end and very precise CNC indeed, it seem they use ultrasonic to increase precision & speed without introducing shaking and other variables in the CNC process

Im sure its a very good mill, no doubt there. 60,000rpm is bloody fast! Baffles me how they use high speed vibrations to increase precision. Logic would say vibration is the last thing you want to introduce! I bet it sounds like a dying cat when its running though...

They cant use edm on sapphire because Its not a conductor. At least thats my understanding of edm, you wont be able to spark or wire it out anyway. I can see why you would think that looking at the finish after the first few machining operations though, has that matte slightly pitted look of edm.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIONONE

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
They cant use edm on sapphire because Its not a conductor. At least thats my understanding of edm, you wont be able to spark or wire it out anyway. I can see why you would think that looking at the finish after the first few machining operations though, has that matte slightly pitted look of edm.

You are entirely right, I did not even thought about that, it couldn't work on glass & sapphire. I would hate to be the machinist in charge of milling those case !

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
You are entirely right, I did not even thought about that, it couldn't work on glass & sapphire. I would hate to be the machinist in charge of milling those case !

Even just holding it will be a pain in the arse. You cant clamp it tight because it might crack, but you cant have any movement, or it will crack. Nightmare of a piece to machine!

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Even just holding it will be a pain in the arse. You cant clamp it tight because it might crack, but you cant have any movement, or it will crack. Nightmare of a piece to machine!

No need to "clamp" it. They epoxy it to the stabilizer block and when the process is done, the epoxy is dissolved. Just like all engravers do. I'm 98% sure of that.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
No need to "clamp" it. They epoxy it to the stabilizer block and when the process is done, the epoxy is dissolved. Just like all engravers do. I'm 98% sure of that.

You can tell i only machine metal and plastic! Makes a lot of sense though, just dissolve the epoxy and the finished piece will be fine. Good to know.

Reactions: rolexwatchfan

awds

Horology Curious
30/8/20
Getting quoted $1350 on this one from dealer i've used on my last 2. Not sure I want to drop that on this one

Last edited:

awds

Horology Curious
30/8/20
Is that guy legit a seller or is he just editing videos of rep reviews and making it seem like he sells them? I see some really cool stuff on his channel.

No idea. I tried to make an edit on my post, but wouldn’t let me. He isn’t TD here and judging by him cutting up review videos I probably wouldn’t feel all that great sending him my money lol. Maybe if they were his own videos I’d feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
No idea. I tried to make an edit on my post, but wouldn’t let me. He isn’t TD here and judging by him cutting up review videos I probably wouldn’t feel all that great sending him my money lol. Maybe if they were his own videos I’d feel better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah I messaged him on Whatsapp to get some quotes and factory names on some pieces so I can ask Eric from Geektime about them.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
I don't understand you guys, there's a list of vetted sellers here, that if anything goes wrong with your order, will try their best to solve it because they don't want to loose their position on the board. They have the same price as anyone out there and lower price than all the Instagram, Facebook and other platforms scammers, yet you inquire about those random people, stealing content from Chinese video platforms and who are probably getting watch from said TD above...

I really don't get why anyone would take such a risk with their hard earned money. Those TDs here or other ones from other forums are at the heart of this replica business, there's no one out there closer to factories than them.

repist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/20
I don't understand you guys, there's a list of vetted sellers here, that if anything goes wrong with your order, will try their best to solve it because they don't want to loose their position on the board. They have the same price as anyone out there and lower price than all the Instagram, Facebook and other platforms scammers, yet you inquire about those random people, stealing content from Chinese video platforms and who are probably getting watch from said TD above...

I really don't get why anyone would take such a risk with their hard earned money. Those TDs here or other ones from other forums are at the heart of this replica business, there's no one out there closer to factories than them.

Yes that's correct, TD on here often solve the problem for you if there is any, that's why they charged generally higher than the ones offered in china.
Most TDs in China get used to ship it internally (within China), and they usually are not responsible if there is anything happened in custom or anything went wrong.

Reactions: Glaude

repist

24/8/20
So Puretime’s description says the bezel and caseback are sapphire and the midcase is a “transparent composite material”
I’m guessing thats a lie from the factory and its just glass/plastic. Only one way to find out... waiting for someone else to buy it lmfao.

Yes, EUR factory has informed us that the case is made of sapphire, the direct translation is "sapphire mirror" (蓝宝石镜面), not sure if there is any translation misunderstanding.

Reactions: CarmeloAnthony

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland

You’re 1000% right but its fun to see customized watches. I love scrolling through and seeing what China has to offer. Unfortunately we don’t have a TD who specializes in custom jewelry on reps (not that I know of). That would be so awesome.

asuwere

2/6/19

There's always a market need for better service, prices, and products. That's what's driving people to look for options. You email one dealer and they get back to you after 3 days. Then you IM another and they get back to you in a couple hours. Guess which one of those was offering the higher prices? Stuff like that is what drives people to look for better options. Mine has sent me good stuff but there are definitely areas that need huge improvement.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
There's always a market need for better service, prices, and products. That's what's driving people to look for options. You email one dealer and they get back to you after 3 days. Then you IM another and they get back to you in a couple hours. Guess which one of those was offering the higher prices? Stuff like that is what drives people to look for better options. Mine has sent me good stuff but there are definitely areas that need huge improvement.

Hmm I don’t know what TD you use mate. But I can understand if you are not happy with them answering after three days. In my experience I always get an answer within few hours from the 3 TDs I use frequently. For example Fat Panda and Trusty. So maybe it’s an option to try another TD.

And yes you are probably right that it’s possible to get some stuff out there cheaper from other sources than the TDs. But I wouldn’t dare risk it. The TDs take a little extra for the service they provide (custom seizure re-sending, hiring personnel that speaks English Etc). But you know you get the watch. And I wouldn’t spare some bucks to risk never getting the watch.

It’s impossible to know whose legit or not if they are not a TD here or on a sister forum. That’s my 2 cent.

asuwere

2/6/19
Hmm I don’t know what TD you use mate. But I can understand if you are not happy with them answering after three days. In my experience I always get an answer within few hours from the 3 TDs I use frequently. For example Fat Panda and Trusty. So maybe it’s an option to try another TD.

And yes you are probably right that it’s possible to get some stuff out there cheaper from other sources than the TDs. But I wouldn’t dare risk it. The TDs take a little extra for the service they provide (custom seizure re-sending, hiring personnel that speaks English Etc). But you know you get the watch. And I wouldn’t spare some bucks to risk never getting the watch.

It’s impossible to know whose legit or not if they are not a TD here or on a sister forum. That’s my 2 cent.

All fair points. For the record, it's probably better that mine is sluggish with the emails. Otherwise, I would have a lot more reps floating around due to impulse buys.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20
I wonder how Long before they run out of stock. Hopefully in time for me to save up some pennies!

Last edited: