Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spatiumtemporis View Post

Thank you! It can be done yes.
    That is absolute gorgeous mate!!! That velcro looks the best on the RM001 imho! Wonder how strong it is and how it holds up with daily use
    WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by KilowattHour View Post
      Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find them there either, but I can email and ask. I've read earlier in the thread that the front plate screws are actually decoration only on this watch, and can't be unscrewed.
      I've inspected them by looking on the backside of the front plate and they look like they can be unscrewed . The screws just look to be as short as the thickness of the plate that's all. Will take some pics later.
      Last edited by Spatiumtemporis; 02-12-19, 08:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuvetjee View Post

That is absolute gorgeous mate!!! That velcro looks the best on the RM001 imho! Wonder how strong it is and how it holds up with daily use
        Thanks !

I'm not sure how strong the connection is tbh. The springbars jb used are pretty slim and fragile to begin with.
        The one thing that concerns me the most is the fact that the kvf pastic part is narrower than the Jb one so this leaves the sprigbar more exposed if you will .

What i mean by that, is that the more overhang there is , the more chances are for the springbar to bend under pressure and slip out of it's holes .

So either i find longer screws and mount the strap as it was supposed to be or fill in the gaps to make sure the springbar doesnt bend.

As for the epoxy, i'm pretty sure it's strong enaugh to keep the strap in place with normal wear.

Comment

Thanks !

I'm not sure how strong the connection is tbh. The springbars jb used are pretty slim and fragile to begin with.
          The one thing that concerns me the most is the fact that the kvf pastic part is narrower than the Jb one so this leaves the sprigbar more exposed if you will .

What i mean by that, is that the more overhang there is , the more chances are for the springbar to bend under pressure and slip out of it's holes .

So either i find longer screws and mount the strap as it was supposed to be or fill in the gaps to make sure the springbar doesnt bend.

As for the epoxy, i'm pretty sure it's strong enaugh to keep the strap in place with normal wear.

Hmm thats an idea. So the screws arent faux at the strap part?

Comment

Hmm thats an idea. So the screws arent faux at the strap part?
            I don't think so. I think the screws are jus short.

Comment

I don't think so. I think the screws are jus short.
              That would be cool if the screws are replaceable from KVF or ZF models. Are there any TDs that sell parts like that?
              Also, I found this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...hannel=twinner
              I wonder if that's the same exact strap? They have the gray, red, orange and black one.
              Last edited by KilowattHour; 02-12-19, 15:21.

Comment

Spatiumtemporis found something better? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...3-18aee394786e

thats a thick endpiece for modding

Comment

That would be cool if the screws are replaceable from KVF or ZF models. Are there any TDs that sell parts like that?
                  Also, I found this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3283...hannel=twinner
                  I wonder if that's the same exact strap? They have the gray, red, orange and black one.
                  These look better. I've seen these myself. Not sure if the thickness is the same on the screws side.

Comment

Spatiumtemporis found something better? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...3-18aee394786e

I wonder what do they mean by 'spring bar connector'

Comment

Wow, you basically found the perfect strap for this rep?! It seems like the end part has pre-drilled hols so that you can just insert the springbar - no need for modding maybe? Or maybe the spring bar hole is in a totally wrong position, I can't really tell :\

These look better. I've seen these myself. Not sure if the thickness is the same on the screws side.
                      I'm also not sure if 27mm is the correct width. Since it's the most narrow of all the RMs, maybe the 25mm is actually the correct size?
                      Last edited by KilowattHour; 02-12-19, 20:38.

Comment

Wow, you basically found the perfect strap for this rep?! It seems like the end part has pre-drilled hols so that you can just insert the springbar - no need for modding maybe? Or maybe the spring bar hole is in a totally wrong position, I can't really tell :\

I'm also not sure if 27mm is the correct width. Since it's the most narrow of all the RMs, maybe the 25mm is actually the correct size?
                        Perhaps they also have em in 27mm? It seems you indeed can choose your own method to put in a springbar or use the pre-drilled holes which are actually not completely drilled.

Spatiumtemporis springbar connector would indicate the use of springbars, so we might have a winner here! Only thing is its advertised as 25mm for the JBF you need 27mm? As for the connector, you can always sand it down to get it properly fit
                        Last edited by Stuvetjee; 03-12-19, 07:46.

Comment

Perhaps they also have em in 27mm? It seems you indeed can choose your own method to put in a springbar or use the pre-drilled holes which are actually not completely drilled.
                          I couldn't find the one with springbar holes in 27mm, but I'm thinking that this watch may actually need the 25mm strap, as it's more narrow than most newer RMs. Spatiumtemporis can confirm how wide the strap needs to be?

Comment

I couldn't find the one with springbar holes in 27mm, but I'm thinking that this watch may actually need the 25mm strap, as it's more narrow than most newer RMs. Spatiumtemporis can confirm how wide the strap needs to be?
                            Will measure. But those straps look a bit thick to me as well. I've pulled the strap I've moded today a bit to see if it holds. It did I'm pretty pleased.
                            Last edited by Spatiumtemporis; 03-12-19, 20:08.

Comment

Will measure. But those straps look a bit thick to me as well. I've pulled the strap I've moded today a bit to see if it holds. It did I'm pretty pleased.
                              Yeah, the plastic piece that gets inserted into the watch looks too thick, but that can be sanded down, I think. As long as the spring bar hole is in the right spot, they could be fine.
                              Or do you think that the strap overall is too thick, even the part that goes around your wrist?

Comment

Yeah, the plastic piece that gets inserted into the watch looks too thick, but that can be sanded down, I think. As long as the spring bar hole is in the right spot, they could be fine.
                                Or do you think that the strap overall is too thick, even the part that goes around your wrist?
                                I was talking about the strap being too thick (the part that will meet the case). Not the plastic part. Order one and try. It might just fit.

Comment

Working...
                                X