• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EU July 2021 ending €22 import VAT exemption

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
I dont know the situation in Italy. Here in Germany you dont have to declare anything for a EU-Shipment.

certainly not .. but on the sheet outside the package where you write the sender's and recipient's addresses, you must also write the contents of the package. this is for every shipment, even local.

Azazel

Los Supportos
Supporter
Certified
12/11/18
EU
Rly? U must? In my country is optional too.

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
Rly? U must? In my country is optional too.

it should be written what the package contains .. they do anyway checks to avoid dangerous substances drugs etc .. so I was wondering what to write .. type of electronic accessory device ..

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
I have sent twice a watch to „interaktiv“ (for service and repairing) and this is between two EU countries!! and I never had to mention/write/declare what is inside the package. Same vice versa when he sent the watch to me!

Same when I received ... from another member... see pics.
7712234af478e665ade91be11bea9032.jpg

ced89c44b9c839d322b8b74c89d39ebd.jpg

Sendings between EU is like within a country.

Colissimo

Horology Curious
7/12/14
Same in France: NO need to write description in the shipping form for package ship in ALL EUROPEAN COUNTRY. Description is only for package outside EU.

According to all i have read, it will me more difficult to get our lovely product and i have not read anything from TD talking about the plain and how they will do after the 1st july ...
people talk about IOSS system: seller declare and pay taxes for customers to reduce to chance of control once the package is in the EU country.

Reactions: Flyzone

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
Same in France: NO need to write description in the shipping form for package ship in ALL EUROPEAN COUNTRY. Description is only for package outside EU.

According to all i have read, it will me more difficult to get our lovely product and i have not read anything from TD talking about the plain and how they will do after the 1st july ...
people talk about IOSS system: seller declare and pay taxes for customers to reduce to chance of control once the package is in the EU country.

the seller from China said he declares timer and as worth 15 USD. but wouldn't it be less risky to declare a higher value? even though he told me that he declares that and I don't think he changes.

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
the seller from China said he declares timer and as worth 15 USD. but wouldn't it be less risky to declare a higher value? even though he told me that he declares that and I don't think he changes.
I think that is probably the best way but they will still need to send it through an EU country with easy customs controls. So best if they still use 4PX shipping through for example Luxemburg.

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia

my td sent the package today. but from what I have read for the new EU legislation from 1 July, in addition to obligatorily indicating the contents of the package, the hs code must also be entered. but I don't think he wrote it even though he told him.

Reactions: Alexander The Great

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
How do I explain things like watch parts .There used to be no problems sending them straight. My Hublot bezel is currently in customs . Did anyone ever get in problems because customs weren't happy with telling it is just a watch bezel?

Reactions: Alexander The Great

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
How do I explain things like watch parts .There used to be no problems sending them straight. My Hublot bezel is currently in customs . Did anyone ever get in problems because customs weren't happy with telling it is just a watch bezel?

There are two points:

(a) VAT and Custom fees
(b) Copyright issues

For (a): With the new system the courier is the one, who has to take care, that the VAT is payed. If the seller is not connected to the new IOSS the courier will charge the VAT plus handling fees from you. Thats probably the same procedure as in the past for goods with higher value than 22 Euro.

For (b): The custom officers are no watch experts. If you tell them, the bezel is a spare part for a no name watch or something for modding, they probably have no problems with this.

These are off course only "educated guesses". Till now no one knows, how the new rules will be implemented. So wait and see.

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
From today the new rules apply. So our TD's will need to use a so called IOSS registration (Import One-Stop-Shop) when sending to the EU. If they don't use this, then we as the receiver of the package will have to pay the VAT (and also import duties if the value exceeds Euro 150). Also if the TD does not use an IOSS intermediary, in addition we will have to pay the handling costs to the carrier for dealing with the VAT formalities.

IMO TD's should start sending the packages through an IOSS registered intermediary with a low declared value.

Reactions: JayBee0815

ETAWatchlover

5/7/16
Is that law re enforced on previous orders before the enforcement? I am confused why my damm thing doesn't arrive.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Is that law re enforced on previous orders before the enforcement? I am confused why my damm thing doesn't arrive.

The German Custom Office writes the following ...

"Maßgebend ist der Zeitpunkt, an dem die Zollanmeldung durch den Zoll angenommen wird. Das bedeutet, dass auch für Waren, die Sie vor dem 1. Juli 2021 bestellt haben und auch versendet worden sind, Abgaben entstehen können, wenn die Zollanmeldung erst nach dem 30. Juni 2021 angenommen wird."
In English ...
"The decisive date is the date on which the customs declaration is accepted by customs. This means that duties may also be incurred for goods that you ordered and also shipped before July 1, 2021, if the customs declaration is not accepted until after June 30, 2021."

So if your order was accepted by the customs before July 1 it will be handled under the old regulations.

Last edited:

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks J,

D Day is today I suppose, so I guess we shall see what happens with the orders in the coming days/weeks etc, interested to see how quickly the TDs adapt & what the member experiences are in the different countries.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Thanks J,

D Day is today I suppose, so I guess we shall see what happens with the orders in the coming days/weeks etc, interested to see how quickly the TDs adapt & what the member experiences are in the different countries.

Yes, I am very curious. Luckily my last larger "China-Order" was accepted by the customs yesterday. But there are some smaller AliExpress-Orders that will pass the customs in the next two days and I highly doubt, that the chinese guys have registered for a complex system, that makes them pay VAT to the EU-States ;-)

Alexander The Great

26/1/21
EU
Platforms such as Aliexpress, Amazon, Ebay register for IOSS as well. They can have merchants that are selling through their platform us their IOSS registration. Individual TD's will never register for IOSS and will need to use an IOSS intermediary.