• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Robbed in Waterloo London UK

Six cylinders

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/18
To fair you have to be sensible in any city running around with expensive good on display. London is safe. Ive never had a problem or know anyone you has been robbed.
Relax and come visit the city :)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I think this sums it up nicely. Unfortunately the times that we now live in means that you have to be careful displaying anything of great value as there will always be somebody out there willing to take the risk of trying to take it from you. I don’t think it really matters where you are. But obviously the bigger the city the more scumbags there are about so the more careful you have to be.

xxBlack

5/9/19
Bavaria, Germany
This has been happening for years.... these punters are targeting people arriving at Heathrow with their LV bags all the way on their taxis to Park Lane and Knightsbridge to get to know which of the 5 star hotels they’re staying just to tip off the street pickpocketeers...

Lol arrived today at Heathrow with a LV Bag and Daytona. At least I‘m not staying at Knightsbridge lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Lol arrived today at Heathrow with a LV Bag and Daytona. At least I‘m not staying at Knightsbridge lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Haha... welcome to London and enjoy the city
.... and didn’t want to offend anyone :)

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
My sympathies to the OP - it must be a frightening experience; it’s fortunate you didn’t get hurt, but losing a few hundred quid’s worth of (uninsurable) watch to these herberts is pretty gutting.

I lived in London for 10 years - during the 1980s, and it was exactly the same then. You would hear about pickpocketing gangs, that it wasn’t safe, it was all getting worse year on year... well, it wasn’t. The media need something bad to report, otherwise we wouldn’t read the news.

I lived in Brixton, the East End, all over the city - and the worst thing that ever happened was my bicycle saddle got stolen in Pimlico.

As others have said here - crime happens, but you can live your whole life in a city without it ever effecting you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Am reconsidering now not getting a Richard Mille rep

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...se-mans-wrist/

Another high profile theft but this time in Paris. Imagine getting your 800k watch stolen damn.

Edit nevermind didn't see the comment 3 comments above me lol my bad. Still crazy

Once again, any stranger walks up to someone and that someone has something of value... A little more awareness? If you can afford an 800,000+ watch, you can afford, or probably have a body guard

Last edited:

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
No loss, they are famous for being thrice the ugliest, the most pointless and the most expensive watches in the world. The perfect example of the adage ‘money cannot buy you taste’.

Heh, why I don't have one. Also, I can't pass off as someone who can afford any watch above 50k....

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
No loss, they are famous for being thrice the ugliest, the most pointless and the most expensive watches in the world. The perfect example of the adage ‘money cannot buy you taste’.

I used to dislike the shit out of them but these little fuckers grew on me and I started to like the look of them, they’re just sexy little things.... problem is that I cannot pull one off, I’m not a millionaire.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I used to dislike the shit out of them but these little fuckers grew on me and I started to like the look of them, they’re just sexy little things.... problem is that I cannot pull one off, I’m not a millionaire.

You could dress like Producer Michael and everyone would think you’re loaded.

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Hope you are all ok but these days especially in inconspicuous places high end watches are not the thing to be wearing or at least on show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk