• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me choose a blue face watch!

Matmah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/3/16
I am currently looking for a blue faced watch for both smart and casual occasions. At this time I have it down to three options, but I am open to suggestions of others. I do prefer a bigger watch, but nothing too chunky or outlandish. think more GQ than west coat rapper. I do also like Skeletal watches and tourbillons but more I looked at are a bit too dressy.

My current choices so far are Nautilus Jumbo 5711 by MK as even though I believe the blue is incorrect, it does look less grey so I prefer it. (pic of OG)

Screen_Shot_2018-12-11_at_1.56.29_PM.png

My next choice is a Piaget Polo S G0A41002, this one I am struggling with as all all the traders watches look very bright and the OGs look a more subdued colour unless you are looking at their product pictures.

f22230b238d44b3dcfaf94e20ffef910b6f6bbbf.jpg

The wildcard is the AP Royal Oak Offshore 44mm 26412PT JF. Even though I said at the beginning nothing too big, I do think this watch is pretty awesome.

12896.970.jpg

So does anyone have any other suggestions???

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Hi,

ive also looked for quite some blue dial options. On top of your selection above I found the omega seamaster (I don’t know the exact model. Been a while that I looked for one.) , AP15400, VC overseas or Cartier santos.

Matmah

30/3/16
The Omega you are on about is probably the 300m with the waves face. Nice watch but I have decided against that one. The VC looks interesting, is will take a further look. The Cartier is probably not for me as I spend a lot of time in Asia, and brands like Rolex, LV, Cartier, Mont Blanc etc have been copied to death and on every street corner lol....

Now to the AP 15400 I do have the white on order at the moment so would rather go with something else But I have just come across this AP Royal Oak 26331ST. The picture if of a Gen but I can see that OMF released a version last year so I may take a look at this as well as it is a Chrono.

10746500b_zoom_v1553873988588.jpg

Reactions: WATCH HACKER

Matmah

30/3/16
My suggestions are the AP15400 in blue dial or the Yatchmaster

I already have the white AP on order, so I would prefer something different. I didn't think about the Yachtmaster though so will take a look, thanks.

I would go with option #4. The versatile Tudor Pelagos!]

I never thought about a Tudar, I will take a look, thanks.

Gaslight16

Speed Demon
5/7/19
Singapore
Just my two cents, you can consider a blue dial ARF datejust 41 or even a blue dial noob v2 Daytona if those are up your alley. Or even a 116613LB TT rolex or a yachtmaster .

A 15400 can be dressed up by the bracelet itself or dressed down by pairing it with a nice blue or black rubber strap.

BP offers some solid 5711’s for the price but I prefer PF’s blue as it’s a deeper and richer blue albeit not as accurate to gen.

Reactions: hm11esh

missa146

Looking Around
20/11/13
I have the Nautilus blue and the Yacht Master blue, they somehow feel similar and different. The Nautilus is a bit more subdued, the Yacht Master is more bling (not in a bad way). Both work perfectly in casual or formal attire.
At the moment the Yacht Master is pretty much my daily wearer, but I'm sure I'll go back to a healthy rotation soon.
ARF version is pretty good out of the box.

Finally, it's your choice to decide if it is OK to walk around with a $50k watch vs $15k.
c0222098081c0cfd7da8179be09af216.jpg

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

Percymon

19/11/18
Omega Aqua Terra 41mm may be another option - a sort of sports dress watch if you like, certainly not chunky - choice of bracelets or straps, choice of different blue dials if you can find different model years in gen, or reps.

924er

Known Member
28/12/16
Omega Aqua Terra 41mm may be another option - a sort of sports dress watch if you like, certainly not chunky - choice of bracelets or straps, choice of different blue dials if you can find different model years in gen, or reps.

I second this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dubhdubhdubh

27/7/19
Blue DJF Milgauss with their (reportedly) pretty convincing GV crystal..?

Matmah

30/3/16
Thanks for all the recommendations, it's definitely gave me a few to look at and please keep them coming. There has be a very varied selection even though it has been a little Rolex biased. I am still swaying towards the Nautilus but it wouldn't surprise me if I didn't purchase one or two here in the future.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I'll also check the Breitling superocean heritage
17531528_1_640.jpg

It is not dressy as the PP, but it is as blue as one can get