• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of Amazon Noob V9 Submariner

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Actually, you can not. They would look exactly the same. You can tell the difference when you work the metal. As in polishing with jewelers rouge. You can tell by how fast it takes a polish. This information from an acquaintance that used to work at a Rolex service center. He now holds shop at the jewelry district in downtown LA. he said the 904 polishes faster and you lean less on it. But he finds the 316 is a bit harder in resisting deep scratches. All this talk about some Reps that are now made with 904 is a bit, well, well ...... it all comes from the factories PR dept. Believe what you want.But unless a member here is a metallurgist, believe it with a grain of sand. They all look the same !! And are likely the same. Saying so, dont mean it is so ...........

Reactions: erekose

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Some of you clowns have been insinuating I'm a shill, or Jack Wu himself, this proves I'm not either, Capeesh?

But now that we know the truth, don't you understand our scepticism? The truth being that you bought a watch that any of our TRUSTED dealers could have provided to you for, at most, $400 delivered. Whereas you paid $600 to buy it from an unknown. You were, in short, scammed, as we feared from the outset. Were those quick WhatsApp replies worth $200?

That said, the main reason for my scepticism is the way you came at it. Your post wasn't along the lines of 'Hi guys, I've picked up what's purporting to be a Noob online, what do you think?' The tone of your posts was way more supportive, more like 'I've found a secret link to the famous and awesome Jack Wu, he's giving me genuine Noobs at knockdown prices with Gen ETAs inside!!!! Here's jack's telephone number, hit him up on WhatsApp!' I'm not suggesting that's a direct quote, but that was the impression the tone of your messages gave me.

So I don't apologise for a second for being sceptical of an 'unknown' coming on here and praising a service from a non-TD. It's not personal; it never was and I shall remain equally sceptical of the next claim of this sort that comes along (which, as autumn follows summer, it surely will).

Good luck soldier.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Actually, you can not. They would look exactly the same. You can tell the difference when you work the metal. As in polishing with jewelers rouge. You can tell by how fast it takes a polish. This information from an acquaintance that used to work at a Rolex service center. He now holds shop at the jewelry district in downtown LA. he said the 904 polishes faster and you lean less on it. But he finds the 316 is a bit harder in resisting deep scratches. All this talk about some Reps that are now made with 904 is a bit, well, well ...... it all comes from the factories PR dept. Believe what you want.But unless a member here is a metallurgist, believe it with a grain of sand. They all look the same !! And are likely the same. Saying so, dont mean it is so ...........

Somebody here actually tested a 904 rep and it was actually made of that steel.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...hare_tid=6580678&share_fid=16787&share_type=t

GingerBubba

24/10/17

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
True for that watch, but can we/do we trust all makers are genuine in their claims of 904L? Someone posted a supposedly bronze Tudor recently from ZF (I think, from memory) where the 'solid bronze' case was flaking off!

You can never take anything for granted. Especially in a illegal business like this. I'm just saying that the top factories goes to great length to make the best reps possible.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
But now that we know the truth, don't you understand our scepticism? The truth being that you bought a watch that any of our TRUSTED dealers could have provided to you for, at most, $400 delivered. Whereas you paid $600 to buy it from an unknown. You were, in short, scammed, as we feared from the outset. Were those quick WhatsApp replies worth $200?

That said, the main reason for my scepticism is the way you came at it. Your post wasn't along the lines of 'Hi guys, I've picked up what's purporting to be a Noob online, what do you think?' The tone of your posts was way more supportive, more like 'I've found a secret link to the famous and awesome Jack Wu, he's giving me genuine Noobs at knockdown prices with Gen ETAs inside!!!! Here's jack's telephone number, hit him up on WhatsApp!' I'm not suggesting that's a direct quote, but that was the impression the tone of your messages gave me.

So I don't apologise for a second for being sceptical of an 'unknown' coming on here and praising a service from a non-TD. It's not personal; it never was and I shall remain equally sceptical of the next claim of this sort that comes along (which, as autumn follows summer, it surely will).

Good luck soldier.

∆ This.

Chazman1946 , after all the shade you threw at folks here for backing the Trusted Dealers, it turns out that you got scammed.

Regardless of if you are happy with it or not, you could have got that watch for a lot less from any of the TD's here, or if you had spent the same, you could have got a BK Noob, which is hand finished, and really does have a Swiss ETA in it. (and really is a Noob...)

What does your dealer say about not sending you the watch he said he would? Have you called him out on that yet? Left a review on Amazon saying you got scammed?

SUMIKITO

Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Yes RIP on this thread. Amen. ........lemme aim at my cherished brass spittoon .........pssst pffft, boing ! ............................. time to unfold old glory so she can hang by the doorway .........

glenneh

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/7/19
Yup, sock account. Let's try this again, here are the pictures of the watch I ordered off Amazon as well. I liked using Amazon, because you are protected. YES- amazon will refund your money back pretty much no questions asked. You bought a TV and were sent a fake watch???? Yup, you get your money back- so you are protected. I'm not telling anyone to buy a watch off amazon, just sharing what I got. Yes, I'm happy with what I got. If you speak to Jack on What'sAPP - he claims that he works for Noob Factory - does he? I have no idea - I'm just telling you what he said. Anyway, as I said before, I prove what I say - I bought the watch, here's the pictures.

Here's the video you I got prior to

Here's a video of the watch I got with

Here's the link with the case back off, I couldn't get them to embedd into the post today for some reason, so here's

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Yup, sock account. Let's try this again, here are the pictures of the watch I ordered off Amazon as well. I liked using Amazon, because you are protected. YES- amazon will refund your money back pretty much no questions asked. You bought a TV and were sent a fake watch???? Yup, you get your money back- so you are protected. I'm not telling anyone to buy a watch off amazon, just sharing what I got. Yes, I'm happy with what I got. If you speak to Jack on What'sAPP - he claims that he works for Noob Factory - does he? I have no idea - I'm just telling you what he said. Anyway, as I said before, I prove what I say - I bought the watch, here's the pictures.

Here's the video you I got prior to

Here's a video of the watch I got witb

Here's the link with the case back off, I couldn't get them to embedd into the post today for some reason, so here's the links.

Wait, what!!?! You created a sock account just to prove you too were scammed by Monsieur Wu? I have no idea why you would do that. Unless you're trying to drum up more victims for him. How strange.

glenneh

Banned
2/7/19
Wait, what!!?! You created a sock account just to prove you too were scammed by Monsieur Wu? I have no idea why you would do that. Unless you're trying to drum up more victims for him. How strange.

Yup, just going to force everyone to buy amazon watches....GO! DO IT! BUY AMAZON!.....what? that didn't work? damn....

glenneh

Banned
2/7/19
Here's some more of the movement.

Edited by staff

SUMIKITO

Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
Now Jack Wu claims he works for the Noob Factory ............. When will this nonsense end ??? Maybe the Mods can put an end to this thread. Let it rest in peace.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Next thing you know, Jack Wu will be on QVC selling watches on easy pay. Break your fake watch purchase into 4 easy payments !

Reactions: sinsir

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Why's he so desperate to be here if he only wants to shop on Amazon :eek:hwell:

Reactions: TESLA760