Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Should I leave my replica Rolex home when I go to Italy on vacation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard that Italy is really strict and that you could get stopped and get a fine / jail on the airport if you are wearing replica stuff or just in general...
    I wonder how those of you who have went to Italy on vacation are experiencing?
    Does anyone have thoughts about this? Just thought it might be embarrassing if I get stopped while being with my colleagues.

Wear the reps! Fuckin Napolitan’s are going to cut your wrist off for it anyhow!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
    Blown up for Raquel Welch.
    But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Comment

Lol I live in Italy and never ever never ever had someone from the law enforcements question me about reolicas.

Only once in Malpensa, landing from Zurich, I was asked if my OP 39mm was new. Only for VAT issues.

Comment

Originally posted by gigi77 View Post
        Lol I live in Italy and never ever never ever had someone from the law enforcements question me about reolicas.

Only once in Malpensa, landing from Zurich, I was asked if my OP 39mm was new. Only for VAT issues.
        How did you sort it out?
        Well, I'm just a bit afraid since it's in Italy

Comment

I just said: “no it is not new”, end of it

Comment

I don't think I would want to get robbed for a replica. I won't wear a lot of gold chains either.

Comment

Originally posted by gigi77 View Post
              I just said: “no it is not new”, end of it
              Maybe it wouldn't be hurt if I wore it going to Italy...
              I was just afraid I would get a fine or something for wearing rep...
              I just read that Italy and Switzerland is very strict.

Comment

I went to beautiful Italy twice, once via cruise ship. Never been asked about my watch. A couple we traveled with, however, had both their watches taken by thieves at the local market. The polizia were no help. To this day, they still had no idea how it happened. So, maybe don't bring expense gens if you plan to mingle in crowded public areas?
                Like many others, I am seeking a decent TC16610

Comment

Originally posted by Art Tic View Post
                  I went to beautiful Italy twice, once via cruise ship. Never been asked about my watch. A couple we traveled with, however, had both their watches taken by thieves at the local market. The polizia were no help. To this day, they still had no idea how it happened. So, maybe don't bring expense gens if you plan to mingle in crowded public areas?

Oh damn, I'm going by plane, so I'm a bit afraid I would get stopped by the customs on the airport.

Comment

I went to Milan last year for 10 days.

I went out and bought my first Apple watch 3 for the trip.

The watch took some getting used to as I wore automatics (Rolex and Omega gens and frankens), but damn, it was worth the peace of mind.

Came back and haven't worn it since.

Comment

Originally posted by thorne View Post
                      I went to Milan last year for 10 days.

I went out and bought my first Apple watch 3 for the trip.

The watch took some getting used to as I wore automatics (Rolex and Omega gens and frankens), but damn, it was worth the peace of mind.

Came back and haven't worn it since.
                      So I shouldn't bring it with me?

Comment

Honestly, I live between Italy and Switzerland and really, believe me , no one cares about your reps. Just do not take 5+ with you.. they may think you are selling them at the custom check.

Take one ir two and will have zero problems.

Being robbed it is very zone specific. Were are you going exactly?

Comment

I'm not Italian (therefore my views are purely objective, without emotions) but I live in a country close by and I am familiar with Italy.
                          Why is there general consensus that there's higher percentage that someone will get robbed than not, in Italy ?
                          Of course, there is a high chance it will happen if:
                          - You visit frequent tourist areas with lot of people around
                          - You stick out like sour thumb (with gold chains around your neck, bling watches and waving hand, typical tourist look)
                          - Reckless about your belongings in said areas

Nothing happens in larger number than in Spain, for example. And 90% of the cases, it has been done by non-Italians, usually illegal immigrants from various war-troubled countries from below.
                          As I have personally witnessed couple of times visiting southern Italy, you are more safe in smaller areas usually associated as "mafias birth places" than in large cities in whatever country.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty369 View Post
                            I'm not Italian (therefore my views are purely objective, without emotions) but I live in a country close by and I am familiar with Italy.
                            Why is there general consensus that there's higher percentage that someone will get robbed than not, in Italy ?
                            Of course, there is a high chance it will happen if:
                            - You visit frequent tourist areas with lot of people around
                            - You stick out like sour thumb (with gold chains around your neck, bling watches and waving hand, typical tourist look)
                            - Reckless about your belongings in said areas

Nothing happens in larger number than in Spain, for example. And 90% of the cases, it has been done by non-Italians, usually illegal immigrants from various war-troubled countries from below.
                            As I have personally witnessed couple of times visiting southern Italy, you are more safe in smaller areas usually associated as "mafias birth places" than in large cities in whatever country.
                            Thanks m8.

People here seem to have a distorted and all-out view of my country

Comment

Originally posted by exilen View Post

Maybe it wouldn't be hurt if I wore it going to Italy...
                              I was just afraid I would get a fine or something for wearing rep...
                              I just read that Italy and Switzerland is very strict.
                              Why would customs waste their time trying to authenticate one watch you’re wearing.

It’s a Different scenario if you have 25 in your case though.

Italy is great !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X