Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Stopped by cops or airport security for wearing a rep?

All
    am just curious if anyone has faced any issue wearing a rep and coming to the country or traveling in general ? In my mind it is a possibility that the airport may ask you for a thorough check and find you are wearing a rep - is that a problem or they wouldnt care ( privided they know how to spot a rep).

Originally posted by Ramils View Post
    All
    am just curious if anyone has faced any issue wearing a rep and coming to the country or traveling in general ? In my mind it is a possibility that the airport may ask you for a thorough check and find you are wearing a rep - is that a problem or they wouldnt care ( privided they know how to spot a rep).
    I got my ass tased at LaGuardia for wearing a rep through security. I managed to make my flight but they confiscated my rep. If you wear reps you had better be prepared to live on the edge.
    Tucker seems to be fallen into a pit of ignorance - Cavemax

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

I wanted this omega so bad :/
    I opened the box and got a star wars shampoo...cookienc10

Comment

Humm. How did that happen? How did they findout you are wearing a rep? Thanks for the info as it is important factor in my decision on the road to rep

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post

I got my ass tased at LaGuardia for wearing a rep through security. I managed to make my flight but they confiscated my rep. If you wear reps you had better be prepared to live on the edge.
        dont forget what happened to Uncle Ned ....

Comment

Originally posted by Raddave View Post

Yep. Uncle Ned spent 5 years in Leavenworth. Try telling him this is a fun hobby.

But in this underworld of rep watches,it is clear that the normal thing is to play with the luck of the Seller's roulette - j.m.mozos

Comment

Hahahaha OP -- no one cares! you're the only one who knows it's a rep so wear something you could afford in real life and don't sweat it. look the part and you're 95% of the way home.
            All I ask is a tall ship -- and a load of contraband to load it with.

Comment

When I went through TSA, the guard standing there began to eye me. I tried not to act nervous while I slid my jacket over my Noob GMT but he must have noticed. He walked over the the guy who was looking at my boarding pass and I couldn't quite hear them muttering, but I did hear SEL. I then distinctly heard "incorrect hand stack" and I began to panic internally. When they asked me to come over to look through my stuff, they told me I was required to have my receipt from a jeweler that shows I purchased my watch and they needed to have it otherwise I couldn't board my flight. They said they were going to hold onto the watch and let me go onto my flight, and I could have it back when I had proof I had paid for the watch...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramils View Post
                Humm. How did that happen? How did they findout you are wearing a rep? Thanks for the info as it is important factor in my decision on the road to rep
                TSA makes you take your shoes and belt off. They also make you empty your pockets. However, they allow you to keep your watch on your wrist and they use the hand screener on the wrist area. I usually wear my old gen Oyster Perpetual Date so I wasn't even thinking about it. On this particular day I had on my GF Breitling Colt with a blue dial. When the TSA agent scanned my wrist I think he saw the blue dial which is much too dark and an instant tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post

Sorry to hear about the confiscation. Well, timegrapher results were probably horrible anyway after your electric encounter.

Comment

Originally posted by Raddave View Post

What a sad story, if he only replaced that dial...

Comment

Very strange story! You must have had some really bad luck, I'm convinced that a large majority of customs agents wouldn't even glance at your watch.

Comment

"It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the RepWatch Zone".

Comment

Those two are scary stories. Sorry that it happensd to you guys. I fly a lot - almost every week so my encounter wih tsa is too much. I am not sure if i want to take that risk. So maybe keep the rep off the wrist while traveling. I wear my seiko skx007 and for that also some tsa agents asked me if you are earing a rolex and I tell them - do i look like i wear a rolex and fly coach !!! They get the joke - I have the tsa precheck so they know i am frequent traveller.

Comment

Leo - that is some deeeeep philosophy !!

Comment

zinduna - 95% is bad. I take abt 100 flights a month (fly every week). So that means i can be stopped for rep abt 5 times a year. !!! Thats too many ????????????

Comment

Working...
                              X