• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a noob invasion in progress?

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
I saw a ton of mentally challenged noob posts in M2M over the last couple of days with lowballing offers and I even got 2 PMs from people I don't know, one of them asking me in French where to buy a Breitling and other sending me a WTB for some crazy Bulgari watch and a request to follow him after that. I have screenshots if needed.

Are we under a crazy noob siege?

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I saw a ton of mentally challenged noob posts in M2M over the last couple of days with lowballing offers and I even got 2 PMs from people I don't know, one of them asking me in French where to buy a Breitling and other sending me a WTB for some crazy Bulgari watch and a request to follow him after that. I have screenshots if needed.

Are we under a crazy noob siege?

I noticed the same last month. Noobs wasting my time, asking me for payment details and not following up with a payment. Asking me to text them pictures, and posting low ball offers. Most have very low post counts, or they've recently signed up in the past few days or weeks.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
YIojg.gif

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
theREALgoat and they're always crazy about those lume shots..

But I've been receiving PMs without even selling anything in M2M! I post a wristie in Breitling section and receive a PM afterwards, from a guy asking in FRENCH where to buy it. I was a simpleton and have even replied and of course haven't even received a f7ck off in return. Nothing, just silence..

Reactions: theREALgoat

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Same here.
Had two sales threads for watches the last days and got a lot of PM's by noobs (less than 5 posts or registered in Nov.2018/Dec.2018) and asking lots of questions and than disappeared from communication...
Also lot of lowballers from these members.

Reactions: theREALgoat

BIONONE

28/4/17
The craziest question was if i could build a custom AP dial for a calendar reference (he said for his gen as he is tired of wearing the blue one and wanted an ivory dial)

i never wrote anything anywhere about custom dials or participated in any other building/modding project.

Guess what - i answered and never heard anything again hehe.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Oh, that's a rich one too. My noobs are not that complicated :D

BIONONE

28/4/17
It looks like lurking for a long time as a guest and then joining with a basic knowledge isnt a thing nowadays.

Reactions: Midnightx

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Yeah. They want everything and they want it now!!!! Like most kids these days... I must be getting old..

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
School holidays + Uni holidays + Christmas Cash = Douchebaggedon

On another line, I have been reading some old posts (talking about pre 2015 or more) and I see really cool posts, educated opinions, healthy discussion, etc. Most of these have people with more than 3000 posts or so, actually. But none of these users are around anymore, and instead we have a whole legion of people with no avatar and lazy names posting crap all around. What happened? How do we go back to that?

I'm sure there must be some sort of filter we can put in place to block lazy kiddos that just want to find the best sub and then harass all sellers until they get one. They bring nothing to the table, and ultimately they just erode the trust we all have in m2m, which is a cornerstone of this hobby.

Or we can go for Tucker 's advice. I quite like the idea.