• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Here's a picture of the gray OP gen and mine. Look at the dial crown.

Note: it's not lighting conditions. Its the shape of the crown gen that gives it that look of lighring that the rep doesn't have.
2bd6525eec4707b1b77040ccf00cfb7c.jpg
f6453bdca08a4e08b846307c17a53246.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
YSdCVZe.png

As you can see, rep font is lightly bigger and bolder and less accurate, clearly visible on every angle.

Also, there are few other things, like date font.

owySyhm.png

Ah yes at this magnification you can see the slight differences...but as you have rejected it based on the naked eye tells are you not contradicting this buy showing the issues are only visible on the blown up images?

The side by side gen vs rep thread without magnifying images what can you actually see, pearl maybe by 1 mm thickness but anything else on the wrist can anyone actually see what has been said? Keen to hear the feedback as the Breitling experts have not mentioned any of this.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Ah yes at this magnification you can see the slight differences...but as you have rejected it based on the naked eye tells are you not contradicting this buy showing the issues are only visible on the blown up images?

The side by side gen vs rep thread without magnifying images what can you actually see, pearl maybe by 1 mm thickness but anything else on the wrist can anyone actually see what has been said? Keen to hear the feedback as the Breitling experts have not mentioned any of this.

The tells are definitely visible without magnifying if you look closely. We've refused Super Reps for less than that.

However, I reconsider my opinion, you're right I've been too severe. This diserve first class.

UPDATE : Breitling Superocean Heritage II 42mm - GF Factory to probably First Class

Last edited:

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
The tells are definitely visible without magnifying if you look closely. We've refused Super Reps for less than that. Sry

Fair enough, everyone has their opinions on watches as we continue to see which I why I love this forum!

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Been away for a while (ok, maybe a little too long of a while :lol: ) and came back to this thread only to see how far it has come!
I know I’ve said it before, but thank you once again Omagad for creating this and helping establish a new category (acronym?) in da hood!
Cheers!

Thank you friend.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

Note: it's not lighting conditions. Its the shape of the crown gen that gives it that look of lighring that the rep doesn't have.
f6453bdca08a4e08b846307c17a53246.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can you specify what is the tell ? I'm not sure I see it. Is that the thickness of the crown ?

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England

I mentioned the faults in the thread and quoted by Omagad and also that we needed a rep v gen comparison in hand which we haven't had on the blue yet. It is a bloody good rep though and as is being done should be kept under review to see if GF correct the minor tells in later versions. I think we can all agree that using the Avenger 2 GMT as a benchmark for super rep, then the soh 2 just falls short, but not by much.

carwatch

Horology Curious
31/5/18

I checked with RepPossessed who doesn't sell this one any longer, because there are too many issues, even after getting it serviced, he says...

Is there any news about an eventual upgrade to repair these problems?

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Last edited:

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
Thought I'd look for something unusual on the NWBIG list. Never was a PAM man at all but thought I might give it a try. Some advice from mysterio and some pure luck on M2M later and I believe the N series Noob PAM 390 is converting me. Much respect for your efforts in keeping the NWBIG list updated, Omagad.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thought I'd look for something unusual on the NWBIG list. Never was a PAM man at all but thought I might give it a try. Some advice from mysterio and some pure luck on M2M later and I believe the N series Noob PAM 390 is converting me. Much respect for your efforts in keeping the NWBIG list updated, Omagad.

One more Risti brought into the PAMily. :)

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple

Thank you mate. Be careful with buying a Panerai, mysterio welcomes you, that's nice, but you'll become a Panejunkie soon enough, it's a dangerous hobbie! Trust me! :-D

Reactions: Taz71 and carwatch

ihs0yz

14/12/15
Malaysia
There doesn't seem to be much talk about the Pelagos LHD here.. Especially since the XF seems to be out of stock but from what I've personally read, the XF is the better rep compared to the ZF?
The fact that the XF aren't in stock was back around November 2017 btw, I haven't got back with the TDs.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
There doesn't seem to be much talk about the Pelagos LHD here.. Especially since the XF seems to be out of stock but from what I've personally read, the XF is the better rep compared to the ZF?
The fact that the XF aren't in stock was back around November 2017 btw, I haven't got back with the TDs.

LHD is not considered a Super Rep. Added XF to the list tho.

Last edited: