• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Larger TD vs Small

redtien7

Known Member
1/9/16
Before I begin let it be known I already ordered a few watches, just want to learn more for future purchases.

I just started in the rep game and originally wanted to go with one of the smaller dealers like Lucy or Saed. But as I looked through all the TDs, I noticed TSWatch not only takes credit card which saves money, but also has a ridiculous 15% off their watches right now and cheaper shipping. Customer service and communication seems equal on both sides.

I know all TDs are solid and that different people have different opinions, but just wondering if there is another factor I'm missing or not taking into consideration for my purchase. Is there something else that the smaller dealers like Lucy offer? Because as it stands, comparing the exact same watches made by the same factories I'm saving tons of money with TSWatch.

This is not to bash any TDs, only highlight the pros and cons of what you get when comparing larger versus smaller dealers.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Smaller TDs tend to have more "quirks" than the larger ones, essentially. It all boils down to what you look for in the buying process, but no one would be a TD here if they didn't deliver.

For example though: Sead is a man of few words and extremely streamlined service (read: No QC pics or tracking numbers unless specifically requested) but the trade off is lower prices, generally better QC, and the ability to hunt down some more "rare" reps that bigger TDs just CBA finding for you sometimes.

Lucy, as another example, is a lady of very many words and while she can sometimes take a little longer to get the perfect watch, you can rest assured knowing any questions you have will be addressed thoroughly and she is absolutely the most anal person about QC I've had dealings with yet, so your watches are almost guaranteed to be flawless from the factory (movements aside that is, because as we all know, Asian Pube Syndrome [APS] can strike any movement at any time}.

TSWatch and other larger TDs generally fall somewhere in the middle of those two extremes - they have a streamlined process, and are generally fairly communicative (although this can vary) although sometimes questions or specific concerns get lost in the mix, and QC can sometimes be a little hit or miss. However because of their volume of business they can generally offer more competitive pricing and discounts that smaller TDs simply can't.

At the end of the day, as I said it all depends on what you're after, me personally I'm not averse to either approach but if it comes to a particularly special or troublesome piece, I'll gladly shell out the extra $10 or $20 to a smaller TD that I know will put more individual attention into finding the best rep they can for me.

Etron

28/7/16
CA
TSwatch is like a wholesaler. Specifically, they don't guarantee through customs (they won't resend) so prices are lower because you're taking the risk.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
TSwatch is like a wholesaler. Specifically, they don't guarantee through customs (they won't resend) so prices are lower because you're taking the risk.

Are they really? Interesting, I did not know that, and I've bought from them before. Good thing Canada customs doesn't give a hoot about counterfeit watches I guess, LOL.

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Because he is the TD I trust.
Chazingtime start here as a supported vendor and raise up to a TD. So he started as a small one and gets bigger and bigger now. But he still care about his customers like he was a small SV.

tukularwana

Known Member
15/2/15
Smaller TDs tend to have more "quirks" than the larger ones, essentially. It all boils down to what you look for in the buying process, but no one would be a TD here if they didn't deliver.

For example though: Sead is a man of few words and extremely streamlined service (read: No QC pics or tracking numbers unless specifically requested) but the trade off is lower prices, generally better QC, and the ability to hunt down some more "rare" reps that bigger TDs just CBA finding for you sometimes.

Lucy, as another example, is a lady of very many words and while she can sometimes take a little longer to get the perfect watch, you can rest assured knowing any questions you have will be addressed thoroughly and she is absolutely the most anal person about QC I've had dealings with yet, so your watches are almost guaranteed to be flawless from the factory (movements aside that is, because as we all know, Asian Pube Syndrome [APS] can strike any movement at any time}.

TSWatch and other larger TDs generally fall somewhere in the middle of those two extremes - they have a streamlined process, and are generally fairly communicative (although this can vary) although sometimes questions or specific concerns get lost in the mix, and QC can sometimes be a little hit or miss. However because of their volume of business they can generally offer more competitive pricing and discounts that smaller TDs simply can't.

At the end of the day, as I said it all depends on what you're after, me personally I'm not averse to either approach but if it comes to a particularly special or troublesome piece, I'll gladly shell out the extra $10 or $20 to a smaller TD that I know will put more individual attention into finding the best rep they can for me.
Amen...Sead sometime give you advice of some particular reps. He would give the best on the market. If he didn't find one he would take a time until he find the best for you.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

bathingape2002

Known Member
10/11/15
Thanks for this thread! Good to know what kind of TD to go for!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

redtien7

Known Member
1/9/16

Excellent info brother. Thanks

redtien7

Known Member
1/9/16

I believe that's incorrect. I've ordered three watches from them, and during one of my chats with them they said they do offer wholesale prices which is cheaper than their current prices, but the trade-off is no warranty and you basically take what you get. I don't remember specifically their customs clearance policy, but I'm pretty sure you're covered unless you do wholesale.

In fact, my first order which was for my dad's birthday said put "on hold" in the tracking and I was worried. And when my dad got it he said the package felt like there was nothing in it before he opened it and he wasn't supposed to open it until his birthday a few days later. I was worried customs took the watch so to be safe in the meantime I chatted with TSwatch and said what my situation was and why I was waiting to open it, and they said to just let them know once I opened it and seemed open to helping me if there was a problem.

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I buy all my watches from Trusty (Andrew ) who is not a TD on this forum. I have had excellent service and contact and in 14 purchases this year so far not one single issue with delivery, payment or watch quality. I have rejected only two watches from QC, but I am a bit fussy.
I tend to stick to one supplier, if I am happy, as I believe it gives me some gravitas and leads to better attention and the benefit of the doubt if there was an issue.

Etron

28/7/16
CA
I believe that's incorrect. I've ordered three watches from them, and during one of my chats with them they said they do offer wholesale prices which is cheaper than their current prices, but the trade-off is no warranty and you basically take what you get. I don't remember specifically their customs clearance policy, but I'm pretty sure you're covered unless you do wholesale.

In fact, my first order which was for my dad's birthday said put "on hold" in the tracking and I was worried. And when my dad got it he said the package felt like there was nothing in it before he opened it and he wasn't supposed to open it until his birthday a few days later. I was worried customs took the watch so to be safe in the meantime I chatted with TSwatch and said what my situation was and why I was waiting to open it, and they said to just let them know once I opened it and seemed open to helping me if there was a problem.

Quite a long rebuttal from memory [MENTION=134155]redtien7[/MENTION]?

Maybe we could check facts before posting: http://www.ts-station.cn/content/1-Shipping

If what's in black and white is different from their verbal exception, that would be interesting, but can everyone count on it?

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13

MarkTS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/08

who tell you we don't offer custom guranty for retail orders ??
we doing buisness over 9 years. we are guarranty each retail orders customs clear for most of mainly countries.

Etron

28/7/16
CA
we doing buisness over 9 years. we are guarranty each retail orders customs clear for most of mainly countries.
Thank you so much for correcting my misunderstanding and mistake! It's great to know TSwatch will also reship if there's a customs problem. Happy to be wrong and been wanting to order from you!!!
cdafe715d13ad53e17c21e37601ce588.jpg

Etron

28/7/16
CA
I see now where I saw customs not guaranteed: on DHL during order process on http://www.ts-watches.co/order.php?step=3

I was about to order months ago and stopped when I saw this. Be great to get this clarified. See screen grab below
cd896b8d561c85c1ec98d8b9d424d41f.jpg

MarkTS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/08
this is for tax. we do not pay for customs tax. if the package lost or sized in customs . we will re-ship package.
but if US customs asking you to pay tax then get package. if you reject. we will not responsible for that.
Buyers should cooperate with local DHL customs to do customs clearance and pay taxes. it's not our job. it's customer job.

there is misunderstand in our message. we will correct it.

Etron

28/7/16
CA
this is for tax. we do not pay for customs tax. if the package lost or sized in customs . we will re-ship package.
but if US customs asking you to pay tax then get package. if you reject. we will not responsible for that.
Buyers should cooperate with local DHL customs to do customs clearance and pay taxes. it's not our job. it's customer job.

there is misunderstand in our message. we will correct it.
Thanks so much for the clarification and helping out! I'll be ordering from you now :)