• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone notice.....?

centrum

27/7/14
Yeah a watch looks much smaller once you have it in your hands unless you have a Luminor.

Plastiker

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/12/14
Monaco do Bavaria
I bought a Daytona here couple of days ago from a member. In the QC Pics there were so many small scratches witch in real life are NOT visible at all. The watch looks absolutely flawless... So yes I do agree, Digital Pics are sometimes not doing the watch any good...

think about a pic like that of your skin....
iStock_000019545581XSmall.jpg

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Exactly! I had 'grand plans' for my 111 but when it arrived, i wore it for two weeks without even thinking of starting to mod it lol. Them details are so freaking small irl unless we are talking about color inaccuracy.

Rolexlavah

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/13
so true. And those flaws are even smaller when you're wearing it and someone looks at you wrist. we are just way to picky sometimes lol

DEMO111

18/1/07
I find that macro photos can be misleading, they distort the size of the actual watch and pickup all the imperfections. But then, when buying a preowned watch you really want to know what imperfections to expect.

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
The problem is when your imperfections become my "it's fine" Everyone has a different level of acceptance. I am pretty loose since the watches are waaaaaaay over sized in pics. I have never turned away a watch from QC pics.

I wear a Quartz Daytona and Chronomat because the small dial ticks are pretty invisible unless someone is actually looking for it.......and the reliability vs cost is a better than having to deal with a 7750. I don't own a watch with 7750 movement All my chronos are quartzs.

Reactions: p0pperini

Carx

Horology Curious
16/5/15
This was a really good thread for me to read as someone who's just starting out! It good to know that its one less thing to fret about amongst everything else!

Roller

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
16/1/15
This was a really good thread for me to read as someone who's just starting out! It good to know that its one less thing to fret about amongst everything else!
Take out your camera and take a close up of the watch you are currently wearing....Look for the flaws.......the magnification of these watches is amazing.

DizzDozzy

Known Member
16/5/15
My Seller has video reviews abt the watches he sell, upon recieveing it, its alot nicer than pics and vids!

BellevilleMXZ

30/4/15
yes agreed.......I almost thought maybe mine would be too big. Was VERY happy when opened it, and it was a perfect size and VERY nice quality. I did actually reject first QC pic, and now I see I probably wouldn't have even seen the issue I rejected it for, in person.

jahnaosei

12/4/15
Totally true! The rep I've got looked a lot worse on pics than in my wrist :) but I guess thats lack of experience, probably the more u get the more attention u pay to the details

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I see so many people posting detailed photo's of QC pic's complaining about silly shit, and I can't even tell what they're pointing out. I hope they feel foolish when they get their watches and can't even see what they were complaining about.