• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
ALS gen is 40mm but rep is 42mm (TD site said).
is that true?
because apart form dimension, ALS tourby are close to gen.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
ALS gen is 40mm but rep is 42mm (TD site said).
is that true?
because apart form dimension, ALS tourby are close to gen.

Yeah i think the rep is 2mm bigger but its an als at the the end of the day, the complexity of the design makes them hard to rep. Similar to richard mille or roger dubuis, without making a dedicated movement from scratch its never going to be nwbig

Reactions: d3xophen

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Does someone who have17cm(6.75") wrist with IWC tourby?
or please post some photoswho own both 15400 and iwc tourby to campare side by side.

kbui57536

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/18
I was looking at Stuhrling watches. Are their tourbillon any good compared to Seagull?

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Somewhere in your peripheral vision
Right you Tourbillon lovers.... I'm putting the feelers out to see if it is worth posting up my Breguet, or some other watches. I have acquired a new hobby that I'm investing in heavily and need funds. There is a fair few quid in the Breguet and I don't really wear it often (last time was early October) and it's had maybe 15 wrist days in the 12 months I've had it. It is my least worn watch, which is probably good for a tourbillon.

My dilemma is.... I see that an AP tourbillon has been bumped to death in the sales section, with 8 pages of 'bump'. Is there just not an appetite for them at the moment? Maybe it's the Christmas thing, with people needing funds elsewhere? Maybe it's that tourbillon's are inherently expensive?

Just after a few ideas from people really. Is it going to be more beneficial that I put up some other, lower value, watches, despite them being more regular wrist wear?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Right you Tourbillon lovers.... I'm putting the feelers out to see if it is worth posting up my Breguet, or some other watches. I have acquired a new hobby that I'm investing in heavily and need funds. There is a fair few quid in the Breguet and I don't really wear it often (last time was early October) and it's had maybe 15 wrist days in the 12 months I've had it. It is my least worn watch, which is probably good for a tourbillon.

My dilemma is.... I see that an AP tourbillon has been bumped to death in the sales section, with 8 pages of 'bump'. Is there just not an appetite for them at the moment? Maybe it's the Christmas thing, with people needing funds elsewhere? Maybe it's that tourbillon's are inherently expensive?

Just after a few ideas from people really. Is it going to be more beneficial that I put up some other, lower value, watches, despite them being more regular wrist wear?

The tourby is an acquired taste and only those who have had one really appreciate the mesmerising effect they have. Yes they are also expensive compared to other reps. Anything over $300 takes a bit more time to sell unless it is Rolex from what I have seen.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

I say keep it man. Ive worn my breguet tourby less than that but its nice to have in the box for when your in the mood. I had an ap tourby before that i sold and lost my ass on. I think you would regret selling it more than keeping it.

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Cheers guys. It’s a tough one for me. I have to raise another £400 minimum so it’s either my AP Panda & JLC NSD, or its the Breguet. Although once we’re the other side of Christmas, I’ll post some Gen box sets on eBay, which may go a decent way to covering it. But IDK, the Breguet gets no wrist time, so is it worth keeping it??? Aaggghhh the dilemma

bkg!

Manui Dat Cognitio Vires
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
17/8/13
Which Breguet do you have? I'm dying to get one.

This one

Fzlw0.jpg