• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Roger dubuis excalibur tourbillon by bbr review

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ok so it finally came, mini review time!

YvFlI.jpg

First off, wow what a timepiece! This thing just oozes sex appeal. Any of the doubters out there buy one i promise you wont be disappointed. Ive been to the ad and tried on the double tourby version, and i think the size and feel is spot on with this.

YvYbo.jpg

The quality really is very high compared to other rd reps i have. Even the strap feels like it would be acceptable to keep on after a bedding in period, although I probably will be getting a custom croc if i can bear to take it off for a few weeks! The fact the strap was designed for a human size wrist not the lampost the knights of the round table is designed to fit around.

YvrqQ.jpg

The clasp is leagues ahead of the knights of the round table one. It has a much slimmer profile that doesnt catch on things and it actually stays closed, which i didnt find to be the case with the other clasp...

YvN5r.jpg

Case and construction are spot on, very well polished in all the right places. Small details like the v’s on the bezel, which are deeper yet more narrow than on the knights of the round table rep just look better. The half brushed half polished hands just look pure class, give a great look in the light and really compliments the excellent patterning on the spider web like frame.

YvLAe.jpg

Movement seems good for the hour ive had it :) as pointed out before the only real obvious step away from gen is the extra gears. At first when i would thr watch i though, huh they dont even bloody move! But after looking every few minutes they are the hour and minute wheels so kind of important! Perhaps my only criticism would be the round frame work to the spider web protrudes say 0.5-1mm inside the ‘dial’. Definitely not a deal breaker and not even really that noticeable but worth mentioning.

YvqMK.jpg

YvabA.jpg

YvtlT.jpg

All in all im really impressed overall and would recommend it to anyone. Cant pull off a $125k watch? Lucky you its only $800!

YvBMf.jpg

Finally its a double new watch day for me so woop!

Yv7jL.jpg

This was my first attempt at a review, i hope it was a good read. Sorry i didnt have the gen in hand but if the lottery numbers come in ill be back for round 2!

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Nice mini review, thanks for putting this up.

I am so tempted to get the gold version.

Would you say its your fav out the three?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Nice mini review, thanks for putting this up.

I am so tempted to get the gold version.

Would you say its your fav out the three?

By a long shot! I havent seen many pics of the gold so cant comment on colour etc, but im sure whichever one you get you’ll be very happy!

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
stunning mate. I can't wait to see someone review the rose gold version

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Nice review, thanks, btw the pic you showing of 2 different claps , which one is tourbillion one?

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Noce review thanks.

waiting for qc pic for mine!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I enjoyed this. I am nearly tempted myself even though this is the first time I have paid attention to this watch

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I enjoyed this. I am nearly tempted myself even though this is the first time I have paid attention to this watch

I know you like a tourby, honestly the best ive owned. Smashes the ap and breguet. The thinness somehow adds a real touch of class to it. If you dont like it ill buy it off you so i can stick one on my right wrist too :p

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I know you like a tourby, honestly the best ive owned. Smashes the ap and breguet. The thinness somehow adds a real touch of class to it. If you dont like it ill buy it off you so i can stick one on my right wrist too :p

Lol that says a lot :)

11mm now that is getting even more tempting.

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Been away for a while on a bronze binge. Came back just to see if anyone did a review of this RD tourbillon. You have not disappointed me. It’s now on my wishlist. Thanks.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Been away for a while on a bronze binge. Came back just to see if anyone did a review of this RD tourbillon. You have not disappointed me. It’s now on my wishlist. Thanks.

Im glad i didn’t disappoint the king of the tourby haha. Honestly get one you wont regret it. Plus we need to keep this factory afloat, if they churn out more tourbys of this quality it will be fantastic!

Reactions: Hyjynx

ever glow

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/16
Ordered 1. Waiting for qc. Read in the other chat that it is hard to wind, isit true?

Worried since this doesnt hav a rotor, winding it often might spoil it fast....being a touby, not easy to get it repaired.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ordered 1. Waiting for qc. Read in the other chat that it is hard to wind, isit true?

Worried since this doesnt hav a rotor, winding it often might spoil it fast....being a touby, not easy to get it repaired.

It can be a bit awkward mainy due to the slim crown which the bezel overhangs. I did a full wind to empty and the power reserve does leave something to be desired at 12.75 hours, but its enough for a day and i guess these super skeletonised movements with an open barrel will affect the amount you can wind the spring. Im still chuffed with it!

Reactions: majwilliams0308

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yeah it surprised me to be honest. Maybe i could of wound it more who knows. Its shorter than any other tourby ive had. But also the only watch ive had i can see the mainspring through the dial so id bet thats related.

Reactions: freediver

Hakro

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/5/15
Nice review, Thanks.

I was looking for an watch for special occasions, I think i found it even if the price is pretty high for a rep, this thing is a killer

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
Nice review, Thanks.

I was looking for an watch for special occasions, I think i found it even if the price is pretty high for a rep, this thing is a killer

Fair price for a tourbillon. Even more a modified movement one.

got my QC pics, mine in on the way!

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
Nice review, Thanks.

Those are high end rep, your thinking are just a cheap rep guy. Those high quality rep is not suit for you. Just go buy your cheap low-end rep. Lol..

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
That low PR?! I can’t belive..
It would have been cool if the factory made the winding tool as well..