SUB CASE IDENTIFICATION HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUB CASE IDENTIFICATION HELP!

I have a nice sub case that I took in trade in a modding job years ago. it has GEN construction and takes gen parts. It has screw cutouts for 3135 inside the case. The profile and CG's are decent, but perhaps a bit short. The engravings are correct in content, but a tiny bit small I think. Do any of the resident experts have any idea what case this is from the serial or the engravings? Thanks in advance. (And no, it is not for sale yet...)

Looks like BP to me, CGs short ( should look rounded from a side view) JF and ARF have bigger and pointy CGs

Source and more pics: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...jf-vs-bp/page2

Comment

Take a photo straight from above

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Originally posted by d4v3 View Post
        Looks like BP to me, CGs short ( should look rounded from a side view) JF and ARF have bigger and pointy CGs

Source and more pics: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...jf-vs-bp/page2
        BP never made a gen spec 16610 case. They are all the wire bezel kind.
        Need to see a straight on shot of front and back with caseback removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If the serial starts with M or Z it’s likely a JF with the stubby crown guards

Comment

Comment

Comment

Sorry for the double post…

Sent from my iPad using RWI

Comment

Unlikely to be JF since it has cutout for movement mount screw. Not BP because of gen crystal and bezel assembly unless someone machined it to spec. Not startime bc no holes and has engravings though engravings couldve been added. Can't be gen bc of shape of cutout... I think chances are that its a WM9 or TC with added engraving

Comment

I am thinking it is very much like the wm9 cases I have seen before . All of these ideas are the reason j posted .

Comment

Originally posted by Ko67 View Post
                      I am thinking it is very much like the wm9 cases I have seen before . All of these ideas are the reason j posted .

Does it fit the 3135 perfectly or is there some play after tightening mounting screw / stem hole height not lining up perfectly? My TC V6 with very similar cut out fits 3135 but isn't a perfect fit with those mentioned issues.

Comment

Originally posted by XpanzerX View Post
                        If the serial starts with M or Z it’s likely a JF with the stubby crown guards

JFs has not cutout for the screws Im thinking wm9/TC as johloo pointed

Comment

Could be. If I remember early TCs had engravings. But I’m leaning towards WM9

Side note if you do sell let me know. I could always use a good 16610 case for project. Reserved sale of course.

Comment

I don't think it's a WM9. Here's a picture of one I used to own. Notice no cut out at the 9 o'clock position.

My wish list:
                            Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

If the serial number begins M95XXX or V9XXXX
                              it could possibly be a Sean 16610T case. It's been a while, but the crown guards look like Sean.
                              Last edited by DD60; 09-10-21, 22:09.

Comment

Working...
                              X