• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Forum is a terrible thing to waste! Dhgate, a lesson for new and old members!

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
My 1ST post; read D4ME's thread and am appreciative for the information. I agree that all new members should read this and heed the warnings. I got relatively lucky with my first time purchase of reps and "got what I paid for". It was a learning process and the watches were "good enough" to be given to those I gave them to. All still running 2 years on and looked close enough for them.
My reason for being here is to learn from all of you and to buy reps that I want to keep.
Having said that I will ask a "noob" question.
How can I ge a list of our Trusted Sellers or is there a link that i'm missing to be able to start looking for the reps that I want to buy.? "classifieds," etc. 1st purchase is a Deepsea.
Any help or comments will be appreciated. I'll continue to read your posts and hopefully learn from you. My Father told me that I have 2 ears and 1 mouth so I should listen twice as much as I talk, so i'll post when I feel i have something to contribute. Thanks All

Here are the Trusted Dealers--------- http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/trusted-replica-dealers-168

This is also very helpful------------ http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rwi-dealers-list-and-key-51019

Welcome to RWI!

:wave:

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I bought from dhgate once and they didn't even ship so I got it full refunded to my paypal. Seller acted like they didn't know why I wanted them to ship my item after I bought it. LOL and I also have a legit source to source me dhgate products and bought through them and always got everything as advertised on dhgate. they inspect it before they ship to me. I just pay them $10 on top of whatever product I'm ordering. Not bad when you can't find trusted dealers selling the same item (no I haven't bought watches there, just other items. Some of the trusted dealers on here are great and have good prices already so why go anywhere else? :) )

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
I just read this... I think there should be a section created called mandatory reading and this thread should go in there...

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Funny thing happened the other day. I was with some forum members and we had a noob among us who didn't know reps of this caliber exist. So we decided to refer him to RWI and told him that it was a whole community of people who he could trust.

He decided that this so called "community" doesn't exist without even checking this site out and bought a rep on ebay. When I saw that thing.....:biglaugh:

Everyone who is here is meant to be here. Everyone who's not, can stay out.

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
He decided that this so called "community" doesn't exist without even checking this site out and bought a rep on ebay. When I saw that thing.....:biglaugh:

Awesome. I on the other hand, was told about this place and jumped in with both feet. Moved up to better quality reps and everything. No, not the MEGA SUPER UBER reps, but got a couple that aren't 21j's

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Awesome. I on the other hand, was told about this place and jumped in with both feet. Moved up to better quality reps and everything. No, not the MEGA SUPER UBER reps, but got a couple that aren't 21j's

You know, I've noticed the same thing. I once had several 21Js, but they've almost all been replaced by 7750s. Back then I usually spent $80-$90 each with T4D; my price range has definitely shifted since then.
Damn this place!! ;)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Nickyd

Known Member
23/5/09
All I can say is Thank You. I came here to learn WITHOUT getting burned. Stuff like actually buying something that he knew would be crappy ..just for our benefit goes above and beyond. If anyone does not think this place is all that...I know exactly where you can go and exactly what you can do once there.

Thanks Nick

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
I probably was scanned out of a grand (at least) trying to find a TD before I found RWI..... I haven't had a problem since!

allergictobees

Horology Curious
30/8/11
DHGate

To be fair to DHGate you do have to realize who you're dealing with... There are people on that site that I wouldn't mind doing thousand dollar transactions with. I have used the site many times and have always been thrilled with the quality of products they send me and at the service the individual provided me. So the lesson here is simply figure out who you're dealing with. Also, like eBay they have a rating system if you're dissatisfied with their service and the product please comment and rate that accordingly so that members realize who they're dealing with.

rudi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/10/11
as a newbie looking at this post has put my mind at ease having had a similar experience before finding the forum.

Excellent thread

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
You know, I've noticed the same thing. I once had several 21Js, but they've almost all been replaced by 7750s. Back then I usually spent $80-$90 each with T4D; my price range has definitely shifted since then.
Damn this place!! ;)

Hey Ma! I was quoted on RWI! By anopsis nonetheless (Um...I don't use that word a lot).

scaffler

Looking Around
4/11/11
nice to nowe there are folks doing there best to get newbee's like me on the right trail
thanks a lot

newbie scaffler

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Every transaction I have conducted on DHGATE has been floorless.

see what I did there ? :D

... of course it really only works with a non-North American accent :) soft 'r'

I have bought ... no wait.... TRIED to buy 5 watches through DHGATE - I received one only. and it was not what was advertised though it is a very nice watch in its own right ... it just wasn't as-advertised and certainly wasn't better, especially when I bought a Breitling For Bentley with Blue Dial and received a watch that does not have "for Bentley" on it and has a black dial.

But hey, for what ended up being a $62 investment I am happy to have bee nable to see if I liked the look and feel of the watch .... I have the ultimate version on its way to me NOT through DHGATE of course ... (hmmm I wonder if DH stands for d@#$Head) - if i had received the blue/B4B watch as advertised I would have been a very happy camper ... the exercise to get the ultimate has now cost me around $500 in total incl. the dud.

Maybe I should just buy what I really want in the first place ? :) naaah ... this is way more fun.

... At least I could use Paypal and their escrow system to get a $20 refund from the seller, but the time it took and ALLLLL the crap I have gone through to get the MB replica pens through them just isn't worth the hassle .... even if the pens were like $15 each - a really crap pen is the same as a really crap anything .... crap

panyao

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/12/11
Banned! lol

4b8de273.jpg

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Now THAT image IS disturbing :)

I am trying to buy cufflinks through DHGATE at the moment - it's a bloody classic .... 'sure sure we have stock ....' then send me the link where I can see your range (the sale is meanmt to be for 12 pairs of cufflinks .... mixed sets)

'what you see is what you get'

'but you are only showing 4 different sets'

'yah 4 style'

'So how can I mix order 12 different sets like you say on your sales page?'

' Don't worry, we mix for you'

'at $15 per set I will choose them or not buy'

'OK you choose and I give you'

'OK show me more sets'

'are no more sets - just ones you see!'

and the wife wonders why I get 'forehead vein' - :)