• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch Check Please Help - Rolex Explorer II & Panerai

ninjapig123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/14
Hello Everyone,

I wanted you guys to check out these two watches my smith showed me. He wanted $250 for the Rolex Explorer II since he said it has a swiss movement in it. I looked at it and I thought it looked like shit. I have a NOOB Explorer II, but this one just doesn't look good at all and I only paid $300 for my NOOB. He also showed me a Panerai. Can anyone help me identify what factories these came from and estimated value? Thanks! (keep in mind I don't plan on buying these, I just want to see how hard he tried to rip me off)

NEKsR4b.jpg

BBNvt86.jpg

02h3Ths.jpg

LXRJofS.jpg

Here is a link to my watch:

8OlPwou.png

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Jordan :)

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
both are worth around less than $100 each. He tried big time to rip you off. The PAM has a seagull asian movement, and by the looks of it, the EXP has an asian 21j.

ninjapig123

30/9/14
THAT'S WHAT I SAID! I told THAT. I looked at the rolex and said, I think this only has a 21 Jewel movement because it didn't look as smooth as my 25J noob. He said I was wrong and I sound stupid and he said he wouldn't recommend talking to watch people about that because I don't know what I'm talking about.

ninjapig123

30/9/14
Do you know what factories these were made at by any chance? Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm just so pissed he tried to rip me. Could someone also explain what Jewels are vs BPM? I know my watch is 28,000 BPM and 25 Jewels but I don't know what it means. I can tell what it is by looking at the watch movement, but don't really know how to describe the difference.

I can't believe he tried to rip me. WOW!

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
I wouldn't trust him as my personal watchmaker then.

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
That is a very cheap explorer II. the bracelet is horrible. the dial, hands, datewheel, crown is completely wrong. bezel font is horrible. It's a cheap 21j watch. a lot of our dealers carry it. Not sure what factory it is from, but you can see it on some of their pages. Not worth even 100 bucks in my opinion. A 21j watch beats at 21,600 beats per hour. a 25j watch like you have in your noob explorer beats at 28,800 beats per hour.

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Do you know what factories these were made at by any chance? Sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes, I'm just so pissed he tried to rip me. Could someone also explain what Jewels are vs BPM? I know my watch is 28,000 BPM and 25 Jewels but I don't know what it means. I can tell what it is by looking at the watch movement, but don't really know how to describe the difference.

I can't believe he tried to rip me. WOW!

BPM is incorrect, its BPH, Beats Per Hour, your watch beats 28,800 times in one hour. The more the BPH, the smoother the seconds hand sweep is. The jewels have nothing to do with the BPH. The jewels are basically bearings. Read here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewel_bearing

JAFO

16/10/13
Holy crap. Well, the guy is in bidness to make money, right? So it's not surprising to me that he'd hit you with 250 for that, uh, well, explorer.

egroegart

1/7/13
If he's a watchsmith then he can open the back of it for you and you can show him it's a 21j piece of garbage. he probably has a timeographer also. ask him to put it on that in front of you. It will read 21,600 BPH which means its not a high beat movement. I'd call him out on that, he's either blatantly lying or he bought the watch on someone's word that it was a swiss. but must be a terrible watchsmith not to tell just by looking at it that it's a horrible rep.

ninjapig123

30/9/14
Thank you all for your responses. I am never going to go back or do business with him again. I've only spent $7 at his shop for a band adjustment. Also thanks for the tips about BPH and Jewels :) I appreciate everyone being so timely in helping me out! Couldn't have gotten such an awesome watch without all of your posts and help :)

ninjapig123

30/9/14
Yeah I don't have the mini screw driver tool. Mind linking me the tools I should buy to do it myself?

MySharona

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
21/9/12
NC
You can get a set of mini screwdrivers at harbor freight for 3 bucks. They also carry some cheap watch tools