• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2nd purchase with PureTime, 1st one paying with Bitcoin (BTC): Santos de Cartier 40mm 2018 BVF V2

antoniomc27

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

time to update on my second rep purchase, again with PureTime.
My first one was the newcomers’ first mandatory stop, a Noobmariner with A2836 movement, that I reviewed here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-order-with-pt-116610-ln-black-noob-a2836-v10

Rationale behind my order

For this second order, (after being tempted by the IWC Pilot Top Gun 41mm by M+F factory, all things being said), I chose Santos de Cartier. It is a watch full of personality, and I walked into AD to try it on and reaffirm my opinion.
https://puretimewatch.io/santos-de-...on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015-v2.html

While at first I thought I would go for the 35mm, in store I realized 35mm looked tiny (even if my wrist is 6.5in = 16.5cm) so I decided to go for the 40mm. Was also tempted by buying a two tone, but in all honesty I thought that maybe given how young I am (26yo), the two tone white dial would not fit me so well.
The final topic of debate that made me delve in 80 pages of the Santos 2018 thread (https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/cartier/7083469-2018-new-santos) was the factory to go for (V6F vs KR vs BVF v2). I chose BVF since it seems the dimensioning 1:1 and their bracelet is of high quality.
Once the watch arrives, I will purchase a gen strap in Cartier boutique.

Bitcoin payment review

For this second purchase I decided to pay in Bitcoin because it is fast, secure, and I get a 5% discount. For that, I used my Coinbase account (you folks can pm me if you need help setting it up, it is a bit hassle at the beginning but after that is like having an ‘alternative bank’ account set up, which can come in handy in multiple occasions). It is worth noting that to change from fiat to bitcoin I did not use Coinbase, I used Coinbase Pro, which is their digital exchange. Coinbase charges somewhere between 1.5-4% fees, which is huge. Coinbase Pro only charges 0.5%. The process is very simple once you have Coinbase, setting the Pro is very easy, and you just need to click a button to send your USD / EUR … to the Coinbase Pro.
Once I ordered the watch, within 24 hours they gave me the BTC address to send the money. They do not tell you how much BTC to send, they only tell you how much USD. You have to make sure that you are sending the right amount. Since my transaction took just 2 minutes to change from ‘pending’ to ‘done’, the value only fluctuated 0.4 USD.
Paying with Bitcoin has been easy and cheaper. I will definitely do so moving forward with all my future orders.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Thanks for your order and detailed review. It's very helpful. Glad to know everything went smoothly. We look forward to recieving more orders from you in the near future!!!!

Reactions: antoniomc27

boniface

Looking Around
21/12/19
Indeed a classy watch, great choice. I'm looking to get exactly the same one as well and am considering choosing bitcoin as well for payment.

Are there any additional fees or other implications coming up with upgrading to Coinbase pro? I'm asking since I would only setup Coinbase to place this first order and want to understand if it is reasonable to use Coinbase pro or if I should stick with the regular Coinbase.

antoniomc27

12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Order was created 12th December and paid with BTC.
Order was acknowledged 14th December.
QC pictures arrived a week later, on 21st December.
After approval on same day, item was shipped on 25th December.
I received my watch on 31st December, and I was wearing it during 2020 New Year celebration!!!

The watch is fantastic. It is a wonderfully crafted timepiece and with this 2018 version Cartier house outdid themselves.
I love every detail of it: the blue hands, the crown, the randomly and unevenly screwed bolts..., and of course the quicklink release function, allowing me to change from steel bracelet to leather strap and to change its size easily and with no tools.

There is only one defect encountered, which is that the leather strap that comes with the watch have a problem and does not close properly. Thus, I will need to bring it to a watch center so they twist a bit the teeth so it can close properly. In any case, I decided to purchase a gen leather strap from Cheeps, as i think it will enhance the beauty of this Santos.

At first, I was leaning towards the 35mm one because I feel my 6.5 inch wrist is not big enough to carry big watches. But as @x or @y mentioned, when you actually go and put the 40mm, it does not look like an oversized watch! It fits just fine. One more wonderful feature about this watch anyways.

Reactions: boniface and Cheeps

antoniomc27

12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Hey puretime, I leave reviews & upload pictures in the puretimewatch.io website about my two models bought so far (Noobmariner & this Santos), but they do not appear!
Reviews say "Submitted" but dont appear.
Pics seem to be uploaded, but no message is left afterwards.

Cheers.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hey puretime, I leave reviews & upload pictures in the puretimewatch.io website about my two models bought so far (Noobmariner & this Santos), but they do not appear!
Reviews say "Submitted" but dont appear.
Pics seem to be uploaded, but no message is left afterwards.

Cheers.

I do find your reviews and pictures on our website. Maybe you will need to refresh the pages :)

steveeee

Looking Around
16/11/19
Hey bro, Thanks for sharing great story that you made. I am thinking about to get one: medium one. but I notice that you have got leather strap with that purchase?
I am thinking about to buy BVF and I do not think they provide leather strap together. Can you enlighten me?
Thanks in advance.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hey bro, Thanks for sharing great story that you made. I am thinking about to get one: medium one. but I notice that you have got leather strap with that purchase?
I am thinking about to buy BVF and I do not think they provide leather strap together. Can you enlighten me?
Thanks in advance.

If you order BVF santos, you will get it with bracelet and a free leather strap :)

antoniomc27

12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks in advance.

As puretime says, comes with free leather strap (I did not know, I think they should clarify in the website so people are aware)

I think you will not be disappointed, it is a great watch ;)

ToniMontono

Known Member
25/2/19
UK
Hi,

time to update on my second rep purchase, again with PureTime.
My first one was the newcomers’ first mandatory stop, a Noobmariner with A2836 movement, that I reviewed here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...-order-with-pt-116610-ln-black-noob-a2836-v10

Rationale behind my order

For this second order, (after being tempted by the IWC Pilot Top Gun 41mm by M+F factory, all things being said), I chose Santos de Cartier. It is a watch full of personality, and I walked into AD to try it on and reaffirm my opinion.
https://puretimewatch.io/santos-de-...on-ss-smartlinks-bracelet-miyota-9015-v2.html

While at first I thought I would go for the 35mm, in store I realized 35mm looked tiny (even if my wrist is 6.5in = 16.5cm) so I decided to go for the 40mm. Was also tempted by buying a two tone, but in all honesty I thought that maybe given how young I am (26yo), the two tone white dial would not fit me so well.
The final topic of debate that made me delve in 80 pages of the Santos 2018 thread (https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/cartier/7083469-2018-new-santos) was the factory to go for (V6F vs KR vs BVF v2). I chose BVF since it seems the dimensioning 1:1 and their bracelet is of high quality.
Once the watch arrives, I will purchase a gen strap in Cartier boutique.

Bitcoin payment review

For this second purchase I decided to pay in Bitcoin because it is fast, secure, and I get a 5% discount. For that, I used my Coinbase account (you folks can pm me if you need help setting it up, it is a bit hassle at the beginning but after that is like having an ‘alternative bank’ account set up, which can come in handy in multiple occasions). It is worth noting that to change from fiat to bitcoin I did not use Coinbase, I used Coinbase Pro, which is their digital exchange. Coinbase charges somewhere between 1.5-4% fees, which is huge. Coinbase Pro only charges 0.5%. The process is very simple once you have Coinbase, setting the Pro is very easy, and you just need to click a button to send your USD / EUR … to the Coinbase Pro.
Once I ordered the watch, within 24 hours they gave me the BTC address to send the money. They do not tell you how much BTC to send, they only tell you how much USD. You have to make sure that you are sending the right amount. Since my transaction took just 2 minutes to change from ‘pending’ to ‘done’, the value only fluctuated 0.4 USD.
Paying with Bitcoin has been easy and cheaper. I will definitely do so moving forward with all my future orders.

I was just wondering how's the date and screws in person on the bvf? I read that GF got better screws, dial on blue ver and date wheel so im leaning towards that if i was to get a cartier from a TD... But theres a bvf cartier in m2m i got my eye on just seeing how you're finding it, Ik bvf has better genlike bracelet and dimensions tho. Cartiers seem to be rare in m2m area for some reason

antoniomc27

12/11/19
Kuala Lumpur
I am very satisfied on how accurate the replica is both in terms of bracelet, date window, etc. BUt to be honest I have jsut started my rep journey, so I am not super demanding and my eye is not very trained.

Reactions: ToniMontono