• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

pip72

21/2/19
What's involved with thinning the case? Before I have Sponge B send my watch back I'll like to see if he could do the same process.

Reactions: mikeanh77

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
hello sir, how do i contact spongbob, where is he located

Hey, I've just PM you as well, but I am a dealer for Spongebob. If you like, please let me know what you need and I can try to sort it out for you. By the way, the prices you'll receive will be the same as what he quotes everyone, so there won't be additional costs involved.

Please also feel free to PM him for verification, but please let me know beforehand so I can ask him to log on and reply as he doesn't come on too often.

Thanks.

Reactions: pip72

pip72

21/2/19
What's involved with thinning the case? Before I have Sponge B send my watch back I'll like to see if he could do the same process.

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12

He explained it me once but it was too technical to explain it in details. To put it simply, he said the old way was via shaving the case, but he found the results only average. The new method takes longer, around 8-10 weeks, but the results should be much better. If he already has your watch, perhaps you can also get more details from him?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
From now spending too much money for modding a 5712 may not be worthwhile because a new release with a clone movement is imminent.

Last edited:
Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

stu00a

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/12/10
USA
Hey, I've just PM you as well, but I am a dealer for Spongebob. If you like, please let me know what you need and I can try to sort it out for you. By the way, the prices you'll receive will be the same as what he quotes everyone, so there won't be additional costs involved.

Please also feel free to PM him for verification, but please let me know beforehand so I can ask him to log on and reply as he doesn't come on too often.

Thanks.

Hey bro!

What mods does Spongebob perform on PPF 5512?
Can you PM me the details as well?

RACSOJR

Horology Curious
18/6/21
From now spending too much money for modding a 5712 may not be worthwhile because a new release with a clone movement is imminent.

Tell me about it. I have just bought a 5712 and awaiting delivery in a few days…

vilows

Horology Curious
20/7/20
Received mine today from HontWatch. Great watch, but the seconds hand is not running. Is this a known issue by chance?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Received mine today from HontWatch. Great watch, but the seconds hand is not running. Is this a known issue by chance?

I don't think so. I suppose you wound the watch properly. Is the balance wheel rotating?

Last edited:
Reactions: vilows

vilows

Horology Curious
20/7/20
Thanks for your reply, yes fully wound. All other functions working properly. Will take it up with the TD I suppose. Thanks again. ;)

Papagio

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/2/20
Hello to all,

I don't know where to put my question so I'll do it here, this is what I think is best.

I bought a Patek Philippe 5712 from PPF which I am very happy with, it is absolutely beautiful. But the bracelet is a bit short, so I would like to buy 3 more links.
Do you know where I could find this? I've done a lot of research, but I can't find it...

Thanks to you!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hello to all,

I don't know where to put my question so I'll do it here, this is what I think is best.

I bought a Patek Philippe 5712 from PPF which I am very happy with, it is absolutely beautiful. But the bracelet is a bit short, so I would like to buy 3 more links.
Do you know where I could find this? I've done a lot of research, but I can't find it...

Thanks to you!

If forum members cannot help you out then ask your TD. They might source only the whole bracelet whose spare links and clasp you can put for M2M watch parts sale.

Watyouseek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/21
Does anyone know how to fix/why is wrong with the moon phase pusher , when you push it nothing happens .. but the moon phase itself still moves +1 if you manually change the time .. thanks

n0mvd

Horology Curious
1/5/18
It may be broken. I damaged mine by attempting to correct the moonphase with the crown out. I also wound it pass significant resistance, and now both pushers are stuck. The small seconds still runs, and it keeps poor time. I'm waiting to buy the V2 (yep I have no self control with good reps) and possibly switch dials.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
It may be broken. I damaged mine by attempting to correct the moonphase with the crown out. I also wound it pass significant resistance, and now both pushers are stuck. The small seconds still runs, and it keeps poor time. I'm waiting to buy the V2 (yep I have no self control with good reps) and possibly switch dials.

In your unfortunate situation there is at least a fortunate possible solution for the problem as you won't get any spare parts from the factory you can probably manage to wrap your hands around some of these Chinese no-name homage watches that use the same caliber with the same complications for spare parts.

"Lobinni" and "Solas" are two of the no-name micro brands that use the caliber as a base - maybe you are abled to fix it this way

n0mvd

Horology Curious
1/5/18
Thank you! I that is some helpful advice, I had no idea the names of the movements they were based on. Aliexpress here I come.