• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Simon2439

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/20
V3 is always on the right by the way and has a very slight scratch on the bezel

pe.geffroy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/3/14
With this kind of topic my envy of getting a 5711 is coming back... Even if i love the blue dial, might go to the white one closer to gen... Aside from of course the usual bezel & crown flaw

time2watch

5/4/20
Well, at least they got the blue-ish gray color to be in the right ballpark

n0wj

10/6/20
@Simon2439 may I ask how long it took for you to receive your parcel once item was shipped? I got my shipping number on Monday (8/6) but nothing has been updated on DHL. A further check with them reveals that the item has not been shipped out yet, just a consignment number created. However, when I track my order, I see that the item has been shipped. I've emailed the TD to enquire, but have not heard back for 2 days.

Simon2439

9/1/20
@Simon2439 may I ask how long it took for you to receive your parcel once item was shipped? I got my shipping number on Monday (8/6) but nothing has been updated on DHL. A further check with them reveals that the item has not been shipped out yet, just a consignment number created. However, when I track my order, I see that the item has been shipped. I've emailed the TD to enquire, but have not heard back for 2 days.

It took 10 days exactly from ordering to receiving which is pretty damn good from PureTime. I’m actually waiting on a screw from them for a RM052 which was sent prior to this and still hasn’t arrived!

Simon2439

9/1/20
Thank you so much. Have you modded the crown of V3? It looks better than V4.

No, no mod at at all, I’ve just checked the V4 and it wasn’t screwed down all the way so that probably the reason. I do screw it down pretty hard as I wear it everyday, I shower in it and swim in it everything, it doesn’t leave my wrist. I have various gen watches including Rolex sky dweller blue, daytona etc and I’ve gotta say the PPF V3 has been the most comfortable watch I have ever worn. The weight is good, size is nice. All I had to do was demagnetize it once and since then it has kept fantastic timing.

Lovely lovely watch which is why I have bought the V4. I would advise anyone on the fence to get one, you won’t regret it.

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
No, no mod at at all, I’ve just checked the V4 and it wasn’t screwed down all the way so that probably the reason. I do screw it down pretty hard as I wear it everyday, I shower in it and swim in it everything, it doesn’t leave my wrist. I have various gen watches including Rolex sky dweller blue, daytona etc and I’ve gotta say the PPF V3 has been the most comfortable watch I have ever worn. The weight is good, size is nice. All I had to do was demagnetize it once and since then it has kept fantastic timing.

Lovely lovely watch which is why I have bought the V4. I would advise anyone on the fence to get one, you won’t regret it.

Thank you for the feedback. I have already ordered V4 last week and hopefully will receive it in next few weeks :D

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
I’ve gotta say the PPF V3 has been the most comfortable watch I have ever worn. The weight is good, size is nice.

Can certainly confirm as I too have several gens from various brands and my PPF just feels silky on the wrist; it's the most comfortable watch I have overall in my collection.

tmp2018

Renowned Member
28/5/17
i still like my v2, i dont see any reason for an „upgrade“ to v4.

i want a better version of the 3kf and would consider a franken with a gen dial:p

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I feel like most people who have a v2 or v3 won't feel the need to upgrade to a v4 unless they just want a spare. Not that the v4 isn't great, but the v2 and v3 are already pretty great and the improvements aren't gigantic.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
V2 and V4 seems to be same for me

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
I got my QC pics and I am little concerned that the time marker "dots" are misaligned on the bottom and left side. The gap between the dot and inner wall of bezel is more as compared to the right side or is it a camera angle issue. Also, can any one confirm that it is indeed a V4 version, because it looks darker in QC pics. Thank you for any suggestions.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I got my QC pics and I am little concerned that the time marker "dots" are misaligned on the bottom and left side.
I think that mis-positioned dial in the case is somewhat common for PPF, yet it can be easily fixed by a watchmaker when you decide to send this rep for an movement inspection and rotor silencing.
I also think it is a V4 indeed for its date font is thicker than on the V3.