• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Updated PPF Nautilus 5711 V4 is here !!!

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
On the right the Gen, on the left PPF

58bfead2dec954f23ffabb38ba413bd6.jpg

Sorry for the lack of image quality.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
On the right the Gen, on the left PPF

58bfead2dec954f23ffabb38ba413bd6.jpg

Sorry for the lack of image quality.

Reactions: Tompa

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Thank you bro, excellent job!

...well... here it looks a very nice dial, one step nearer to the gen.
I can imagine that under the same light condition will be almost indistinguishable from the gen, probably we will see soon some qc pics!

Reactions: Gmt16710R

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Well at this point we all know ppf issues as this has been discussed ad nauseam... for i, although, apprecaiting the dial improvement, will pass...

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Well at this point we all know ppf issues as this has been discussed ad nauseam... for i, although, apprecaiting the dial improvement, will pass...

Yeah I talked with Andrew and when ready to go I'll pull the trigger.

Then we'll see how to mod the crown :D

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
I must say that dial color looks fantastic. But after seeing the comparison video it's really difficult to overlook the bezel/crown flaws. I was under the impression that it wasn't glaring enough to change the the overall shape of the watch...but it def. does.

Reactions: gilrob

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
For a better comparison I did another collage, now the PPF Is on the right and the GEN is on the left.

cde37ad478024f6d69d730d811da50da.jpg

Reactions: ssr905

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
now the PPF Is on the right and the GEN is on the left.

Now this helps me to make my next point:

The lume color of the PPF is off - too white, especially when not under strong studio or sun light

The gen has this very subtle, light green tint on their lume, while the PPF is just plain, bold white. The PF hands, on the other hand, have a yellow tint, almost like the 3K Aquanaut hand lume.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmt16710R

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Now this helps me to make my next point:

The lume color of the PPF is off - too white, especially when not under strong studio or sun light

The gen has this very subtle, light green tint on their lume, while the PPF is just plain, bold white. The PF hands, on the other hand, have a yellow tint, almost like the 3K Aquanaut hand lume.

I agree on the difference between gen and ppf.
Probably another mod to do..

Sent from the RWI App

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I agree on the difference between gen and ppf.
Probably another mod to do..

Sent from the RWI App

The relume is difficult on itself, not to mention one has to know what lume pateks uses or have a gen dial and hands on the side for comparison. Lume patina is also another factor we can play with here.

Besides the lume difference, the center pinion is another tell, as I pointed earlier in this thread and other threads. The miyota 9015 pinion protrudes a lot, while the gen 324 movement kinda recesses. If not using the 324 clone movement, I believe Spongebob has the pinion mod:

All in all, as these reps perfect themselves, our obsession to 1:1 gen never stops however, even if it is a macro-level tell.

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Don't you think the embossed grooves on the PPF also look different from the gen? The PPF dial is like to me the reverse of the gen.

I was thinking about it, but didn't tell nothing because was staring at the differences for too long thought my brain was crashing ahahah I'm not the only one who saw it :')

I think might be the light conditions too.
In the first collage I posted the embossed grooves seems a lot the reverse of the gen.

There's something weird from the pinion down to the six hour marker on the engravings.

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I was thinking about it, but didn't tell nothing because was staring at the differences for too long thought my brain was crashing ahahah I'm not the only one who saw it :')

I think might be the light conditions too.
In the first collage I posted the embossed grooves seems a lot the reverse of the gen.

There's something weird from the pinion down to the six hour marker on the engravings.

Interesting. It could be the depth of the grooves on the PPF being too shallow resulting in the light gray-ish tint instead of the deeper green.

Gmt16710R

Known Member
8/6/18
EUROPE
Interesting. It could be the depth of the grooves on the PPF being too shallow resulting in the light gray-ish tint instead of the deeper green.

Now I'm focusing on the light, in the pic the light (PPF side) seems to come from the bottom. In the Gen pic the light comes from the top.

On the gen the grooves look lightly wider than PPF but i'm not sure, just an impression.

Sent from the RWI App

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Maybe this is 10pm. The Miyota started date earlier not instand flip as gen. Maybe not you can ask the TD take some more pictures.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: WRAPPSWISS