• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does the Nautilus 5711 PPF V3 accept Gen parts?

Paullltje

Patron
Certified
1/7/18
EU
Hi,

Just bought the Nautilus PPF V3 blue dail. I'm considering going Franken (all in) but does any of you know if it will accept gen parts?

Parts found so far and ready to be shipped:
  • Gen crown (new)
  • Gen blue dial (mint condition)
  • Gen hands (new)
  • Gen bracelet (mint condition)
Let me know your thoughts

Last edited:

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Hands: no
dial: yes with modding
bracelet: no one has tried afaik
crown: no one has tried afaik, but the cg are a different shape so the crown would still stick out a bit

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Hi,

Just bought the Nautilus PPF V3 blue dail. I'm considering going Franken (all in) but does any of you know if it will accept gen parts?

• Gen crown (new)
  • Gen hands (new)

Go for the 3KF.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Hi,

• Gen crown (new)
  • Gen hands (new)
That's a nice list of gen parts. Would love to see their pictures

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Paullltje

Patron
Certified
1/7/18
EU
Hands: no
dial: yes with modding
bracelet: no one has tried afaik
crown: no one has tried afaik, but the cg are a different shape so the crown would still stick out a bit

Thanks, appreciate it! Dial is a must for me, so that's awesome. Hopefully, someone can find a way for the hands as well. Will keep you updated.

Keylog74

14/6/13
I’m sorry but you managed to find some rare parts here and still don’t have a personal opinion on what to use as base?

Maybe your best route here is to find a modder and let him do the considerations since the question you are asking need precise measurements specially when it comes to bracalet and crown.

If you truly seeking for help maybe you should put more details and measurements so other members who have different factories version help you with some more details.

Reactions: srhoque

Paullltje

Patron
Certified
1/7/18
EU
I’m sorry but you managed to find some rare parts here and still don’t have a personal opinion on what to use as base?

Maybe your best route here is to find a modder and let him do the considerations since the question you are asking need precise measurements specially when it comes to bracalet and crown.

If you truly seeking for help maybe you should put more details and measurements so other members who have different factories version help you with some more details.

Understand your opinion and appreciate the advice! Once I receive the parts I will share all measurements.

Reactions: Nivka

Keylog74

14/6/13
Understand your opinion and appreciate the advice! Once I receive the parts I will share all measurements.

Here are some speculation:

The 3k is close to the 324 movement. Gen date wheel is a direct swap. This makes me believe so it will be the crown. (Does your crown come with it without the sterm?)

If the gen hands don’t fit the 3k it won’t fit for sure the miyota. Is your hand set a full set? (All of three)

The dial won’t be an issue you will most likely will be able to fit it without even cutting the feet.

The main big question is the bracalet. You are the first one to have came across this part and probably can tell us once for all who’s the best case. PPF or 3k
Since there are a lot of people complaining about the big endlinks on the 3k ( I myself don’t have an opinion since I haven’t seen the 3k nautilus in person)

However since 3k comes with a clone movement I’d consider 3k over PPF .

Reactions: gilrob

Riverwind85

26/4/18
I think it was the one on eBay for 4/5k since I don’t see that anymore

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Paullltje

Patron
Certified
1/7/18
EU
Maybe your best bet would be pf mid case thinned, 3k movement and date wheel, gen dial/hands/crown/bracelet. That would be phenomenal. How much is the bracelet out of interest?

Still negotiating, hopefully GBP 3500

Reactions: Nivka

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I think it was the one on eBay for 4/5k since I don’t see that anymore

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

It isn't gen it’s PPF bracelet if it’s the same one I’ve seen. That seller is a scammer well known for selling BP dials as gen Rolex.

This one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202925654933

OP that bracelet wasn’t coming from the seller in the link above was it?

Also I doubt a gen bracelet would fit on a 3K case, the connecting pin is too far up the case because of the long first link on the bracelet.

Last edited:

Paullltje

Patron
Certified
1/7/18
EU
It isn't gen it’s PPF bracelet if it’s the same one I’ve seen. That seller is a scammer well known for selling BP dials as gen Rolex.

This one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202925654933

OP that bracelet wasn’t coming from the seller in the link above was it?

Also I doubt a gen bracelet would fit on a 3K case, the connecting pin is too far up the case because of the long first link on the bracelet.

I already started googling the seller and was not happy what I found. Definitely not buying that one. Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
Paullltje - You have managed to collect rare and pretty expensive collection of 5711 blue dial parts. Good luck with the project and share some pics, I am curious about progress.

Definitely chose your modder first and consult the person before committing to buy all the expensive parts. As other members suggested, bracelet could be tricky.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13

What he said, even if it is a bit harsh in tone.

Keylog74

14/6/13
No intention to sound harsh, sorry about that! I was genuinely surprised.

Last edited:
Reactions: theREALgoat

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
Paullltje - You have managed to collect rare and pretty expensive collection of 5711 blue dial parts. Good luck with the project and share some pics, I am curious about progress.

Definitely chose your modder first and consult the person before committing to buy all the expensive parts. As other members suggested, bracelet could be tricky.

He doesn't have these parts. He is still looking for all of these parts and I think he just want to know what to get.
seems like he just want all infos without looking for them by himself..

Reactions: srhoque

Paullltje

Patron
Certified
1/7/18
EU
He doesn't have these parts. He is still looking for all of these parts and I think he just want to know what to get.
seems like he just want all infos without looking for them by himself..

I actually found all parts listed already. But, before buying, I want some information indeed. Really happy I did not move forward with the bracelet thanks to you all! The hunt continues.

*Appreciate your offer of the dail wNe Will consider for sure!

Last edited: