• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K Aquanaut review

Burbizia

29/8/20
Got my 3k Aquanaut today, lovely watch. The strap though is so "petrol stinky" that I cannot wear it...don't know if ZF strap is better, this one stinks like hell...impossible to wear :sick:

I agree, I solved with baby oil bit.
The cheap gum + the noisy rotor, ruined the experience of "cool new watch" factor.

This watch is very good, but definitely not "out of the box"...

JCFans01

Horology Curious
2/10/20
Does anyone have issues with clasp misalignment? Sometimes the symbol is misaligned because there’s some give laterally. Also sometimes there’s a gap unless I push down hard.

Is it worth it to buy a gen clasp which can be up to $1000.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: zinduna

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
Does anyone have issues with clasp misalignment? Sometimes the symbol is misaligned because there’s some give laterally. Also sometimes there’s a gap unless I push down hard.

Zf

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠

Yes I have the same issue where the clasp is slightly misaligned. The ZF clasp does feel thicker and better quality metal than the 3K one which feels a bit flimsy and cheap. The ZF strap is also much better so you can’t go wrong just ordering the ZF strap and clasp.

I personally don’t think the clasp is worth 1k. There are other things I would probably buy to mod my 5167 over the clasp if I wanted to spend 1k to mod it

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Yes I have the same issue where the clasp is slightly misaligned. The ZF clasp does feel thicker and better quality metal than the 3K one which feels a bit flimsy and cheap. The ZF strap is also much better so you can’t go wrong just ordering the ZF strap and clasp.

I personally don’t think the clasp is worth 1k. There are other things I would probably buy to mod my 5167 over the clasp if I wanted to spend 1k to mod it

You just need to slightly bend the metal piece of the clasp where the clasp wings click into, where the PATEK PHILIPPE is engraved.

That will help.

Reactions: Neo_7

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
You just need to slightly bend the metal piece of the clasp where the clasp wings click into, where the PATEK PHILIPPE is engraved.

That will help.

^This. Also, don't cut the rubber too tight, leave some slack (helps with sweat and expansion in summer and also helps with keeping the clasp aligned better)

Reactions: Neo_7

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16

That will help.

I have same issue, by bend do you mean exaggerate the curve or bend to straighten the engraved metal piece?

MarcoC

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/6/20
the movement is the biggest problem of this 3K creation..

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
the movement is the biggest problem of this 3K creation..

The movement is the biggest "innovation" with this watch. It is new (no idea of long term reliability yet), may need regulation, rotor is on the noisy side (but so is gen) and DW needs to be improved...I will not call the movement a "problem" by any stretch (at least not yet for me). In fact most of the folks are buying the 3K because of the clone movement and a pretty good quality dial.

Last edited:

rdp

Horology Curious
9/6/09
Invece un 5711 ( 3k) quando credi che sia disponibile e
Da chi ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

JCFans01

Horology Curious
2/10/20
Spent 2 weeks with the 3KF version of the watch and it always dies on me a few hours after it's off-wrist. I always wear it the whole day (8-10 hours) and wind it manually ~30x before I put it on. Is this the expected run time for the movement? Let me know what your experience is.

Thank you.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Spent 2 weeks with the 3KF version of the watch and it always dies on me a few hours after it's off-wrist. I always wear it the whole day (8-10 hours) and wind it manually ~30x before I put it on. Is this the expected run time for the movement? Let me know what your experience is.

Thank you.

Sounds like your watch could use a service. I had similar issues where the watch power reserve wouldn’t last as long as I would like. Albeit not as extreme as what you have noticed. I also noticed I was loosing about 20-30 seconds a day.

After a service it’s been running much more accurately and not stopping in the middle of the night. Like you I wear my 5167 the most frequently. Keep in mind these movements are made in not the most clean conditions. A lot of other members in here have their reps services regularly and when it arrives.

A local watch smith should be able to help, however there are members on the forum who can service it too. Dan (@Cosmograph4Ever) is a member who can service the movement for you and is located in the USA

JCFans01

Horology Curious
2/10/20
Sounds like your watch could use a service. I had similar issues where the watch power reserve wouldn’t last as long as I would like. Albeit not as extreme as what you have noticed. I also noticed I was loosing about 20-30 seconds a day.

After a service it’s been running much more accurately and not stopping in the middle of the night. Like you I wear my 5167 the most frequently. Keep in mind these movements are made in not the most clean conditions. A lot of other members in here have their reps services regularly and when it arrives.

A local watch smith should be able to help, however there are members on the forum who can service it too. Dan (@Cosmograph4Ever) is a member who can service the movement for you and is located in the USA

Thanks for this. What is the expected power reserve for this rep? And is this normal for me to experience this on a brand-new rep?

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Thank you.

Had mine 4 about 4 months, running -1 second per day, smooth as butter.

Reactions: saucin

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Thanks for this. What is the expected power reserve for this rep? And is this normal for me to experience this on a brand-new rep?

Not sure about the expected power reserve, a TD might know that is in touch with the factory. A family member has a gen 5167 and I know it’s about 35-45 hours. Many members have had great accuracy and reliability with the 324 clone albeit it’s still the somewhat early stages. A few have noticed small issues that are typically resolved with a service. I’ve had mine since February and after a service it’s been extremely accurate. At the end of the day it’s a very solid replica that costs $600. Once they engrave the movement I’ll gladly buy another to support the factories efforts

TLDR; get it serviced and enjoy.