Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Almost full Franken 5167

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by eririn View Post

    Clone 324 has different size of hour wheel and minute wheel so it won't fit gen hand. For second hand, I also have to modify it in order to install to clone movement.

    gen second hand
    ​​​​
    Rep second hand
    Thank you for the explanation and the pictures.
    Amazing build. One thing i would like to mention - on the gen the pinion is white whereas on the rep its not. I believe from the pics you posted you have not addressed that. With all the mods you have done, you might want to consider that as well. Should be a fairly simple fix

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by watcher009 View Post

      Thank you for the explanation and the pictures.
      Amazing build. One thing i would like to mention - on the gen the pinion is white whereas on the rep its not. I believe from the pics you posted you have not addressed that. With all the mods you have done, you might want to consider that as well. Should be a fairly simple fix
      Thanks, i will mod it soon

      Comment


        #18
        Awesome project!

        Comment


          #19
          Don’t forget that the 3k dial is from the pre 2009 version. Your gen dial is post 2009. Probably also a difference in sunburst between those gen versions.


          Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI
          sigpic

          Comment


            #20
            Don’t forget that the 3k dial is from the pre 2009 version. Your gen dial is post 2009. Probably also a difference in sunburst between those gen versions.


            Sent from the RWI App
            sigpic

            Comment


              #21
              that is unfortunate that the 324sc clone doesnt accept gen hands

              Comment


                #22
                Looks great! Too bad the 3k case has slightly different case profile that neither the gen or ZF strap work well with it.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by eririn View Post
                  Hi I just want to share my recent franken project.

                  Build details:
                  Base watch 3kf V1
                  Gen dial
                  Gen datewheel
                  Gen second hand
                  Rebrush case as per Gen
                  Fully service clone 324

                  Gen dial & 3kf hand v1 (v1.1 has too white lume)




                  Gen date wheel VS 3kf date wheel









                  After/Before








                  Tips: you need to modify hand/second hand in order to install to clone 324. Other parts is interchangeable.

                  ​​​​​​​Cheers

                  This thread is really helpful! I’m about to embark on a very similar franken. I have a gen dial (Swiss made) and plan to Franken pretty much everything like yourself. My dilemma is the bezel thickness but you seem to have that mastered, can I ask who modded your bezel? I was considering a ZF base as it’s consistent with the model build with a 324 movement transplant but not even sure if it’s do able. Thanks


                  Sent from the RWI App

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Rainbowkin View Post
                    Looks great! Too bad the 3k case has slightly different case profile that neither the gen or ZF strap work well with it.

                    Lots of talk on here that 20mm x 1.8mm / 21mm x 1.8mm spring bars work like a dream


                    Sent from the RWI App

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by APpee View Post


                      Lots of talk on here that 20mm x 1.8mm / 21mm x 1.8mm spring bars work like a dream


                      Sent from the RWI App
                      It does, I have a gen strap on mine, and there are zero gaps with a set of Rolex spring bars

                      FOR SALE:

                      Waterproof tester: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...f-tester-6-atm

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by 2841 View Post

                        It does, I have a gen strap on mine, and there are zero gaps with a set of Rolex spring bars
                        +1. 20 x 1.8mm gen spec Rolex springbars from Everest bands works like a charm for gen straps. Can't see any gaps.

                        Note: I tried a 21 x 1.8 but it was too hard to push it in.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          eririn - Amazing build, looks stellar!! Is the sunburst on your post 2009 dial different from the 3K (pre 2009) ones? You pics show almost no sun burst, hence curious.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by srhoque View Post
                            eririn - Amazing build, looks stellar!! Is the sunburst on your post 2009 dial different from the 3K (pre 2009) ones? You pics show almost no sun burst, hence curious.
                            My Gen dial has dull sunburst.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I knew where does this watch located. Hehehehe

                              Comment


                                #30
                                For me, although the Everest spring bars produce no gap or nearly no gap, the strap's ghost groove is still not lining up with the case - not exactly as the alignment on the gen. I tried to push the strap up a little as if it is worn on a larger wrist, it still does not line up. My best guess is stated above: 3k's case profile is slightly different from the gen's.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X