• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s about time...... 3K Nautilus 5711 incoming

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Just pulled the trigger on this from Trusty TIme, I'm expecting the wait to be about 3 weeks but when it comes I'll do a review.

The clone movement is just too good to pass up, regardless of the lack of engravings

Reactions: timnic54

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Just pulled the trigger on this from Trusty TIme, I'm expecting the wait to be about 3 weeks but when it comes I'll do a review.

The clone movement is just too good to pass up, regardless of the lack of engravings
I personally would wait, even the noob daytona 4130 I waited almost 2 yrs before I pull the trigger. These clones can be a bit dodgy with no parts to fix like the 3135 rep Rolex movement. Pls share your photos I'm sure is a very nice price but after being in the rep game for over 10 yrs I still prefer to wait a while and assess.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: gilrob

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
I personally would wait, even the noob daytona 4130 I waited almost 2 yrs before I pull the trigger. These clones can be a bit dodgy with no parts to fix like the 3135 rep Rolex movement. Pls share your photos I'm sure is a very nice price but after being in the rep game for over 10 yrs I still prefer to wait a while and assess.

Been in the rep game too long myself mate, when I started this build was unimaginable. You know how this works, they'll do the engraved next version but somehow mess up the hands ha

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I'm pretty sure this is a 3KF 5711

It’s a PPF

Last edited:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Been in the rep game too long myself mate, when I started this build was unimaginable. You know how this works, they'll do the engraved next version but somehow mess up the hands ha
Haha very true.. Hence you should wait until v3 or another factory makes a better one, etc don't get me wrong I pulled the trigger with the AP SS Diver at V3.5, but again with these clones I would wait as is not simply swapping an ETA or service the movement it will work when some of our highly trusted and talented modders might still need to play catchup to know how to service the rep movements, e.g only a few handfuls had done the 4130.

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
I can only imagine how amazing a PF base with 3KF movement + hands and a PPF or even gen dial would look like...

Seems pricey in the first place but as single PPF dials are available from the right sellers you still would only need two watches in the first place - just like current builds based on PF + PPF parts.

Currently right now I have a PF-Base which is getting a rebrush treatment by Spongebob.
I already have the Keylog datewheel
Also I am adding in PPF dial and hands (white)

Now the only problem i have left is getting a 3kf movement... I wonder if anyone has one.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

wNe

O.G.
27/11/11
For what do you need a rebrush? I thought the PF case is already perfect

BIONONE

28/4/17
For what do you need a rebrush? I thought the PF case is already perfect

Will get back to your private message later!

but to answer this post - people like a higher contrast between polished/brushed surfaces while accentuating the chamfers even more.

IMO a decision of personal preference - but regarding the specs PF is definitely the way today go if you dont want to change the case/bezel geometry.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

BIONONE

28/4/17
Currently right now I have a PF-Base which is getting a rebrush treatment by Spongebob.
I already have the Keylog datewheel
Also I am adding in PPF dial and hands (white)

Now the only problem i have left is getting a 3kf movement... I wonder if anyone has one.

Your plan sounds magnificent like one could expect reading my quoted post ;)

the best bet as for now is to buy the whole 5711 as 3KF won‘t sell any separate movement just like Kobe24 has said.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
3KF in flesh. Pics are from WeChat dealer.

ryKnP.jpg
ryhuW.jpg
ryLIQ.jpg
ryAZS.jpg

Last edited: