• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PP 324SC Super Clone

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Of course they had a gen sample. Do you think they cloned the movement from pictures?

I can’t see 3KF/V6F spending all this cash to clone a movement only to supply it to competitors. They’ll do what Noob done with the 4130 and only use it in their watches.

Yes but I’m talking about perfection Rep , sure ZF the winner you can see how many gen PP they have , i hope Olso ZF Bring aquanaut bracelet .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

julius-seizure

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/19
Canada
bill33 i feel you may be right on that. It does not make sense to me the more i think about it. That would for sure hurt V6F sales if they let ZF use it. I feel i would much rather have a dial as close to gen as possible then a clone movement specially if they will charge double but that is not confirmed. i guess those decisions can be made once this is made available.

Reactions: bill33

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
bill33 i feel you may be right on that. It does not make sense to me the more i think about it. That would for sure hurt V6F sales if they let ZF use it. I feel i would much rather have a dial as close to gen as possible then a clone movement specially if they will charge double but that is not confirmed. i guess those decisions can be made once this is made available.

Let’s them triple it no problem, see the gen brand new https://www.chrono24.ae/patekphilip...-steel-57111a-001---com002419--id13204307.htm

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
just to increase the excitement .... the 324 caliber is the base for some interesting references,,
eT053.jpg

Last edited:

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
3KF/V6F or any "maker" doesn't make movements themselves. They subcontract one of the many movement factories. The sample cost for a 3-hand movement is about $400k. Then they need to purchase a minimum of about 10k movements usually. If it was a rolex I would highly doubt any other makers would get the movement, however PP watches are not in so high demand in China, so if the MOQs are still the same as they used to be or haven't been negotiated way lower that could be a joint project. I'll try to get information for you on Monday as I happen to know the manager of the factory that has been sub-contracted to make this one. :)

So far I know that parts are not interchangeable between them.

Last edited:

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
major step forward and one to watch 2020

the chinese have a bad habit to doctor the comparison pictures. i have gone full OCD and rotated the 11 that is suppose to show the gen. notice the gap between the 1's can fit another digit 1. Now see the two movement images and notice the gen spacing is more narrow

https://i.ibb.co/SRPXjhF/Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp and legend

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Datewheel is bad. too thin too small numbers. Keylog should make overlay for this :)

Reactions: vcappp

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
major step forward and one to watch 2020

the chinese have a bad habit to doctor the comparison pictures. i have gone full OCD and rotated the 11 that is suppose to show the gen. notice the gap between the 1's can fit another digit 1. Now see the two movement images and notice the gen spacing is more narrow

another project for the A team BIONONE Keylog74

https://i.ibb.co/SRPXjhF/Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Fully unnoticeable on the wrist or without a huge augmentation.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Count me in as “very impressed” with this clone cal. 324. I always thought the Chinese could clone this particular cal. The finish will be nowhere near gen of course, but the watches using these will finally be the proper size. Bravo!

+1. There was this dude in the AP section who likes to say “nowhere near gen” on franken posts so your post is kinda deja vu lol.

But yes I agree with you that this is an impressive development and something many have looked forward to for a while now.

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
I was expecting above 700$.

To me it's an easy pass as they fucked the innitiative with printed words.

Hopefully, V2 will bring us the engravements and some additional improvements.

I know what you mean. Almost feels rushed for a pre Christmas/CNY release. I’ll be picking one up though, hopefully it’s gen spec like the SH3135 and 4130, not like a SA3135 ‘clone’

Reactions: vcappp

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Cloning a Patek movement is kind of ridiculous when they can achieve the same with a reliable 9015 movement... I mean can you just imagine the service-costs when something breaks? (Which it definitely will in a much higher rate than 9015)

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I can‘t believe there are actually people who scream that the DW needs improvements while they didn‘t even see the watch on unbiased TD pictures or even other dates aligned inside the assembled watch...

Sometimes you don‘t have to go nuts for such minor things before the watch is even officially released to the open market... it‘s simply too much enthusiasm or whatever you want to call this behavior...

on the other hand - do you know how much work and effort goes into such a project for a minority of nitpicking geeks like us? :D
Economical efficiency has to stand in relation to the aesthetic benefits and personal preferences in combination with some sort of sacrifice.

As for now i dont see the need for improvements until we can have a rational discussion based on also rational facts and of course the personal touch of reviews made by experienced people who can compare this release to other novelties From the past.

sorry for the rant but lately there are awkward vibes on RWI haha

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Cloning a Patek movement is kind of ridiculous when they can achieve the same with a reliable 9015 movement... I mean can you just imagine the service-costs when something breaks? (Which it definitely will in a much higher rate than 9015)

it is a step forward in the rep world. With base movements you praise the stagnation and only choose the nails for your coffin in the long run.

Same thing can apply to closed case back rolex models... why just not use a decorated ETA clone? It is reliable and the service cost are relatively low...

did that stop them from developing? No.

did the development stop the masses from loving the novetly? No... not really even if there are some doubts about clones and their service.

actually the love for those clones drove them to develop the 4130 and nobody is gonna cry that it was introduced...

and we are still talking about closed case backs - and minor changes to cases/crown heights comparable to those that come with the open case back pateks.

maybe i‘m completely wrong on this topic - so please share your thoughts if that‘s the right place.

Sidhu6355

16/11/18
I can‘t believe there are actually people who scream that the DW needs improvements while they didn‘t even see the watch on unbiased TD pictures or even other dates aligned inside the assembled watch...

Sometimes you don‘t have to go nuts for such minor things before the watch is even officially released to the open market... it‘s simply too much enthusiasm or whatever you want to call this behavior...

on the other hand - do you know how much work and effort goes into such a project for a minority of nitpicking geeks like us? :D
Economical efficiency has to stand in relation to the aesthetic benefits and personal preferences in combination with some sort of sacrifice.

As for now i dont see the need for improvements until we can have a rational discussion based on also rational facts and of course the personal touch of reviews made by experienced people who can compare this release to other novelties From the past.

sorry for the rant but lately there are awkward vibes on RWI haha

Absolutely man, people- UNDERSTAND the dynamics and economics behind the scenes. You are having a Patek clone- Patek’s are already hard to source taking into account the looooong waiting lists. Just don’t nitpick without even seeing the in hand pics, videos and reviews. I believe that as the rep industry progresses, our greed also doubles with it— WANT ABSOLUTE perfection- then my friends, go buy genuine watches, reps are not made for you. A decade back, people longed for decent looking reps but as we are getting 90%+ the real deal, I don’t see the point cribbing over minor facts.
As BIONONE said, wait for it to release in the market, it is a huge revolutionary step forward, just like what VSF did in the Omega segment.