• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New patek philippe nautilus from ppf

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Hmmmm, not sure what to make of it. It’s nice in its own right but it’s not close to any 5711 I’ve seen. I like the darkness of the blue but it lacks the green/turquoise/grey hue.
Looks like the 40th anniversary dial.

I’m still going to pick one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the same regarding the dial but I hope this gonna change with natural light pics

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
So just to make things clear: datewheel does [/u]not need any modding?

Ppf date font is just slightly thinner than on gen.
its a little noticeable on the close up pics but you won’t notice too much difference on the wrist.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Forum members have pointed out flaws:

1. blue dial appears too purple and not enough grey.
2. bezel is too thick.
3. date font too thin.

Not too bad overall and we need to see the blue in better light. Otherwise, all fixable in V2.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15

2. bezel is too thick.
3. date font too thin.

Not too bad overall and we need to see the blue in better light. Otherwise, all fixable in V2.

You forgot the crown sticking out a mm to far.

Reactions: vcappp and gilrob

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

2. bezel is too thick.
3. date font too thin.

Even they have Latest Gen Blue Dial in Hand impossible to match Gen , ZF iwc portuguese Blue repped from Gen and completely wrong , best choice White , otherwise Gen Dial .
The RG 5711 looks dark grey , and sometime chocolate..

Reactions: vcappp

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
18218e7ebe5622ccb94da09338c125e5.jpg
0e4ad10fa704d2dc7250766029832e71.jpg

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Even they have Latest Gen Blue Dial in Hand impossible to match Gen , ZF iwc portuguese Blue repped from Gen and completely wrong , best choice White , otherwise Gen Dial .
The RG 5711 looks dark grey , and sometime chocolate..

This was said for years about the Rolex ice blue dial and looks good today. The MKF V6 5711 looks fine to me as well.

Reactions: gilrob

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
All gens pics ,I just show reflection Dial in RG
Same reflection in blue .

effewatch

30/10/18
Europe
Patek-PFF.jpg

Please be aware that there are discrepancies within different Nautilus batches. As an illustration I've merged two pictures a small comparison. Rep on the left, gen on the right. And quite frankly, PPF have almost nailed it with this one. Hands seem great, markers also. They've even nailed the SWISS font and thickness below the 6 o'clock marker. The dial seems good also. The only thing that looks off is the date wheel font thickness. Yes, it's slightly slimmer. IMHO that's not a dealbreaker. But there'll probably be a solution for that if there's demand for a date wheel overlay. If we add the possibility that this watch might be 8.6mm thin then we have a real winner here. The bracelet looks more than good, fingers crossed that it'll turn out as flexible as the PF bracelets.

Will this be a NWBIG watch? Objectively speaking: no. The biggest issue would be the open caseback. But in all honesty: who really cares about that? We can all hope and pray that KW/V6F/XF will replicate the movement. But I for myself am much happier with a Miyota 9015, a movement which is easy to maintain and service.

All in all we should be grateful that there's finally an extremely close rep of the 5711. Albeit there's no blue dial PPF yet so we'll see what the future will bring.

To me it seems the hands are too short...

Reactions: ywg and vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
To me it seems the hands are too short...

it is kind of a square shaped dial - you see that?

That is the reason why a circular rotating line (hands) in between has different distances to the outer edge in some positions. It is pretty much basic math/geometry.

You also say it is the fastest way to cross a road is by 90° and not to walk vertical through the traffic - sounds quite logical, doesn't it? :)

effewatch

30/10/18
Europe
it is kind of a square shaped dial - you see that?

That is the reason why a circular rotating line (hands) in between has different distances to the outer edge in some positions. It is pretty much basic math/geometry.

You also say it is the fastest way to cross a road is by 90° and not to walk vertical through the traffic - sounds quite logical, doesn't it? :)

Not so sure...the minute position is quite the same (43 - 44) but i'm not that good about PP